Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Petition: George Acosta @ Spin

njdionysus

I believe I have just the kind of CD you're looking for. Last week I recommended a double CD titled "The Very Best Euphoric Chillout Mixes Breakdown". You can find it at the Virgin Megastores, or you can go to www.telstar-tv.co.uk

Here's the tracklisting:

CD 1

1) The Last of the Mohicans Main Theme

2) Dido - Here With Me (Rollo's Chillin With The Family Mix)

3) Lisa Gerrard - Elysium

4) Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Schill Out Mix)

5) Planet Funk - Chase The Sun (Ambient Mix)

6) The Sabres of Paradise - Smoke Belch II (Beatless Mix)

7) Accadia - Into The Dawn (Ambient Mix)

8) Chicane - No Ordinary Morning

9) Moby - Inside

10) Salt Tank - Eugina

11) Orbital - Belfast

12) Chicane - Early

13) James & Brian Eno - Building A Fire

14) PPK - Resurrection (Robots Outro)

15) Solar Stone - Jabberwock (Chillout Mix)

16) Roger Sanchez - Another Chance (Afterlife Mix)

17) Lost Tribe - under the Red Sea

18) Faithless - we Come 1 (Elliot J Remix)

19) Private Taste - First (Ashtrax Ambient Score)

20) Push - Strange World (Underwater Kingdom Remix)

21) William Orbit - In A Landscape

CD 2

1) Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygen Part 2

2) Chicane - Overture

3) Nalin & Kane - Beachball

4) Humate - 3.2 (Bedrock Ambient Mix)

5) Jakatta - American Dream (Tranquilo Dawn Over New York Remix)

6) Datar - B (Ambient Mix)

7) Ashtrax - Helsinki (ambient Mix)

8) Underworld - Dirty Epic

9) plank 15 - Strings of life (Soul Mekanik Remix)

10) Weekend Players - Weekend Players - 21st Century

11) Agnelli & Nelson - Slide

12) Stewart and Bradley James - Theme from Bob & Rose

13) Jam & Spoon - Stella

14) Faithless - Don't Leave (Euphoric Mix)

15) W.I.P. Feat. Emmie - I won't Let You Down (Jay Welsh Black Ice Chilled Remix)

16) Hybrid - Finished Symphony

17) Bedrock - Beautiful Stranger

18) Robert Miles - Children (Original Mix)

19) Depeche Mode - Dream On (Dave ClarkeAccoustic Version)

20) Moby - When It's Cold I'd like To Die

21) The Last of the Mohicans - The Kiss

22) Motivation - Para Mi (Friends Lovers & Family Mix)

23) New Order - Elegia

Ga2, that wasnt directed at you man, that was just a general statement. Im just so used to on the other board that I post on, one person bashes about this, then another person bashes about that then all of a sudden, you have 10 pages of bashing, haters, bitching, drama............ you get the idea.:) anyways

MUSIC RULES!!!!!!!!! except country:D

allright all you country fans, Im waiting for all the bashing!!!!!

peace

Just some more info regarding the Acosta Hybrid thing at Ultra a few years back. As I was to understand it, it was an engineering problem for the most part. Acosta was cueing up his first record and probably had the master fader up or something and the engineer switched the channels before hybrid was done with their set. Making for a noisy interuption and a pissed off Hybrid. Actually if you take a look at the back of one of Hybrids CD's( cant remeber which one) the thank a whole bunch of people. And at the very end it reads ' and absolutely no thanks what so ever to George Acosta' Just a few laughs for you guys. And on the topic of who hates and love trance, who hates or loves GA, just appreciate what the man has done for us. If you don't like trance anymore that is fine. I still love it, but GA has gotten a bit cheesy and mainstream over the past year or so. Of course those days of Shadow are over and no one can bring them back, not even GA. Just appreciate what he did and is still doing for our scene and putting Miami on the map for music. I still love going to check him out every once in a while but sometimes I am dissappointed or even joking at some of the tracks he plays. But trance is still where the heart is for me so he's still the only one in Miami who blows the place up.

That's my 2 cents.

Originally posted by chaos33

Just some more info regarding the Acosta Hybrid thing at Ultra a few years back. As I was to understand it, it was an engineering problem for the most part. Acosta was cueing up his first record and probably had the master fader up or something and the engineer switched the channels before hybrid was done with their set. Making for a noisy interuption and a pissed off Hybrid. Actually if you take a look at the back of one of Hybrids CD's( cant remeber which one) the thank a whole bunch of people. And at the very end it reads ' and absolutely no thanks what so ever to George Acosta' Just a few laughs for you guys. And on the topic of who hates and love trance, who hates or loves GA, just appreciate what the man has done for us. If you don't like trance anymore that is fine. I still love it, but GA has gotten a bit cheesy and mainstream over the past year or so. Of course those days of Shadow are over and no one can bring them back, not even GA. Just appreciate what he did and is still doing for our scene and putting Miami on the map for music. I still love going to check him out every once in a while but sometimes I am dissappointed or even joking at some of the tracks he plays. But trance is still where the heart is for me so he's still the only one in Miami who blows the place up.

That's my 2 cents.

:clap::aright:

Originally posted by mrmiami

except country:D

allright all you country fans, Im waiting for all the bashing!!!!!

I'm not much of a basher, however, I do like country music! Dixie Chicks are the shizznits and Garth Brooks RULES:D

Yee haw - I can't wait for the Chili Cook-off on Feb. 2nd!!

Lola:eek:

Originally posted by mrmiami

yea, I can dig some of Garth's stuff, and some others, but a big majority I cant take.

what's everybody doing this weekend?

Whats up bro.

This Saturday i'll be attending Space...Sobe will be there and I need to pick up my VIP card since they're gonna have the giveaway i've been waiting for that night.....If you interested PM and we'll make plans for a cp meet up again...call sobe and see if u can get hooked up witha card!!!

and by the way earlier in the post someone said that trance started it all. That's not correct, trance might have gotten a lot of people into the house scene, but house has been around far longer than trance, and pretty much every other genre, except maybe techno. You can even say that Trance derived from house, like a lot of other genres. SO when people say that house came from trance, you're EXTREMELY wrong.

• 2 weeks later...