Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What CLUB in DC is good?

klesiak

I'm coming down there for a weekend pretty soon and I wanted to know where to go...

I'm not big on the message board thing and I just recently gave in to my friend Dave (he owns this clubplanet thing) and posted a few times on my home town board (nyc).

I'm the music director up here at ESTATE (formerly Limelight) and if we EVER reopen I look forward to having Deep Dish do their thang' here. I'm not familiar with many DC folks except for Kurosh (Deep Dish's manager) and some heads from Yoshi Toshi, so I would like to meet some of you during my trip down there.

My friend Rob Corbett spins at some club down there every Saturday so you can count on me throwing down some wax at his party. From what he tells me, there really aren't many good places to frequent that you can hear good house music. He told me he has to get a little commercial now and again because the crowd that the promoters bring in are not the "house" type. I think this is a universal thing right now and this problem exists in every city from DC to LA to NYC to MIA. There's never a lack of good music or good DJs but there is always a lack of good promoters.

Do any of you know any of the promoters down in DC who throw the better house parties? I'd like to get in touch with them. Before MIXER Magazine closed this past week, we planned a tour for SOUL GIANTS (see the ad in this months Mixer mag) but DC was not on our list of stops. I'm still going to go through with the tour and I would like to stop in DC but I don't want to play for just any old promoter who can afford to pay for the tour. I would like to hook up with someone who loves the music and may want to start some type of DC / NYC trade where there DJs can come up here once a month and vice versa.

Any help would be appreciated....

best,

Kenny

:D

jroo... do tell...

if you know of ANYONE that I can get involved with this little project I would be happy to return the favor the next time you're up in my neck of the woods...

i have a little weight up here and you will definately be taken care of, so let me know what U can do...

;)

Guest jroo
Originally posted by klesiak

jroo... do tell...

if you know of ANYONE that I can get involved with this little project I would be happy to return the favor the next time you're up in my neck of the woods...

i have a little weight up here and you will definately be taken care of, so let me know what U can do...

;)

not a problem, Buster, you need to get involved too!!!! klesiak, we have a lot of GOOD talent on this board alone. i dont believe that kuro spins house though. we should get something together for up there. not too many venues left here. for the types of crowd you want, crowds that we all want. i believe that red has the least commerical crowd, i could be wrong, i havent been there in a long time. and the edge deffinately has its own shady crowd.

yeah man. i throw a party three nights a week down here. pm me when you get a sec.

there is some good stuff going on down here - you just need to find it. ray kangs night is dope. these guys in old town alexandria throw a great party every week called lemur lounge. let me know what you got in mind...

Originally posted by djbuster

yeah man. i throw a party three nights a week down here. pm me when you get a sec.

there is some good stuff going on down here - you just need to find it. ray kangs night is dope. these guys in old town alexandria throw a great party every week called lemur lounge. let me know what you got in mind...

Ditto to all that. The best parties are Ray's and Buster's. there's a ton of talent and not enough decent "music-first" promoters. I spin a monthly for Buster at th club he promotes for. I also run a web site that promotes quality house and progressive music...trying to feature some of the better and up-and-coming producers as well as just plain old fashioned good music.....

Revaluation Promote

I know Buster, Ray, and myself all keep distribution lists....if done right, with financial backing we could throw one hell of a party!