Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beamer or Audi (for import enthusiasts)

magellanmax

Well, it goes without saying, BMW has dominated the market for quite a while especially in the entry level (3 series models).

Has anyone ever had one of those? I sure did !! Apart from the high maintenance costs, those cars get to be kinda quirky, especially after the 40K mark. only consolation, the manufacturer picks up the tab. But I think, from the experi3nc3, its wis3 to try a different model.

I jumped into the Audi bandwagon, and i gotta say, the after sales service is off the hook!! Those guys really know how to make you buy another!! My guess beamer is copying this shit !!

But I'm glad Audi is finally making inroads into this BMW domain market, hope we kick their fuckin azzes..LOL:D

I dont know about the Merc C- class, i avoid 'em like the plague!!!!! Big name .....Low deliverance potential !! They are just for show! If you think I'm full of it, try a test drive at your local dealer....you'll feel like punching the sales guy...:laugh:

Anywayz, I would luv to hear ya thoughts on the subject....

As far as the Mercedes C-class goes, I don't think it's half bad at all. When comparing Audi and BMW, depends which models. Say I had a choice between a 3-series BMW and an A4, I'd choose the A4. I also like the TT. The A6 is alright I guess, but I don't like the A8... too big.... I really like the BMW 5-series (which is what I own).... it's not too big, yet it's roomier than the tiny ass 3-Series. As for the 7-Series, I just can't afford it but loveeeeee it. BMW's best car IMO is definately the M5... it's beautiful and runs incredibly.

Mercedes C-Class is overpriced except for the C180 coupe...

3-series gets way too expensive at the top end....$43k can get you a nice A6, 5 series, S80, or 9-5 Aero

Volvo S60-R very intriguing (sp).....300hp turbo 5cyl, all wheel drive, 6 speed manual/5 speed auto, $36-37k....i wish that was around 6 months ago :mad:

a lot of german cars are overpriced, it seems. I give the BMW's credit - they're proven to be great track cars. I don't know too much about Audis - their AWD system makes for a good rally platform but on the track, all that extra weight has got to hurt.

Someone may shoot me for this but my favorite M3 is the older E30 model, followed by the E36. Their other lineup is nice but there's just too much weight in those cars to make them enjoyable to drive nimbly.

ps-005s.jpg

Originally posted by cintron

a lot of german cars are overpriced, it seems. I give the BMW's credit - they're proven to be great track cars. I don't know too much about Audis - their AWD system makes for a good rally platform but on the track, all that extra weight has got to hurt.

Someone may shoot me for this but my favorite M3 is the older E30 model, followed by the E36. Their other lineup is nice but there's just too much weight in those cars to make them enjoyable to drive nimbly.

ps-005s.jpg

You got it right cintron.....the german cars are kinda overpriced, but not by intent, the taxes(import and tariff) are killing the manufacturers potential to provide affordable cars in the US..funny thing is, the Germans are doing the same thing too..in some kinda retaliation to the fees imposed on their products. !!

Ellinita is right too, the 3 series is kinda overpriced coz the tarrifs imposed on the cars are insane, but I I understand what she means about the M5....GORGEOUS CAR !!!...I swear if I could afford it, i would have it in my driveway. That car rivals the merc MG 500.... maybe not quite the same,..but close enuff.....

Hey guys, try this dealership in south jerzee (if you can make it there....."Cherry Hill Imports"....likewise, its located in Cherry Hill NJ..they import Audis, Volkswagen and Porches... I had an awesome time down there...Only reason I didnt buy from them was that my local Audi dealer told me that they werent accepting 'New' customers..that meant..anyone who didnt buy a vehicle from 'em...so, I couldnt get stuck with a car that I had to derive so far for service. But if I end up moving down south jerzee, atleast I know where to get my next car.... Those guys have an awesome clientele record in service..its just nice to have it...

Originally posted by ellinita

BMW's best car IMO is definately the M5... it's beautiful and runs incredibly.

ahhhm...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...besides the fact that the M5 is an overpriced FOUR DOOR (ghey) sports car....the M3 will tear out an M5's spleen..and for like 30gz less...

as for me...im more of a Volvo kinda guy (dont hate)...but im totally in love with the audi quattro all road...i gota station wagon fetish i guess...anyone (except BigPoppaNils) seen the Audi S3?? phat lil euro car..

but this is my dream car.......

130car3.jpg

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

also keep in mind that alfa romeo is coming back....2 more years....

alfa_156.jpg

Can you imagine all those cars that never make it to our ports?...unreal.. !!! I cant wait for the Peugeot to make a comeback, cool and sexxy cars. Citroens are nice too. Look out at the next installation of WRC Championship series, the Citroens are gonna be kicking major azz. They had a trial run this past year and passed and wowed big time. Its gonna be fun to watch...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

ahhhm...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...besides the fact that the M5 is an overpriced FOUR DOOR (ghey) sports car....the M3 will tear out an M5's spleen..and for like 30gz less...

as for me...im more of a Volvo kinda guy (dont hate)...but im totally in love with the audi quattro all road...i gota station wagon fetish i guess...anyone (except BigPoppaNils) seen the Audi S3?? phat lil euro car..

but this is my dream car.......

130car3.jpg

Have you ever driven both the M3 and M5??

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

....the M3 will tear out an M5's spleen..and for like 30gz less...

Are you kidding me? An M3 smoking the M5?? WTF !!! lol Bro, there is a reason its priced to the grill !! Autoweek had a special last year on the M5... You have no idea kid......LOL

audis , esp. A4 s(in the creme color) are everywhere .....and IMO , they're kinda of afamily oriented car ..the only audi i can stand is teh TT, not for teh performance but for its look...:rolleyes:

now the bmw m5....u can really customize it......hott ....i would choose it over any audi anyday

the 7 series is really classy, but they tottally destryoed it with the new design

Originally posted by magellanmax

Are you kidding me? An M3 smoking the M5?? WTF !!! lol Bro, there is a reason its priced to the grill !! Autoweek had a special last year on the M5... You have no idea kid......LOL

ive seen specs..ive seen comparisons...i do not care...its a 4 door sports car...the M3 is a legend..one of the greatest cars ever built...M5 may have more ballz..and some improvements..but i think its overpriced...

as for the 7 series..I like it..fuck the dumb shit..it looks hot

Have you ever driven both the M3 and M5??

the reason im so in love with the M3 is because i have driven it...i was scared to push it..even though the owner kept tellin me too...

i havent had a chance to drive the M5 (havent found someone dumb enough to let a 22 yr old whip their $100.000 car) ..but ive seen enough to come to my conclusion

I don't know why everyone hates the new 7-series design... I think it looks off the hook!

Sweetie, the new 7 Series beamer is Ok in terms of performance and design(interior) Looking at the car from the rear and sides, you would believe the world has finally had an answer to fugly looking rides..... But it ends there.. look at the car from the front, despite its patented "double Oval" trademark.. the friggin headlamps got fucked up...it ended up looking like every other wanna be luxury car !!

I'm sorry, if I had to choose b2in the older model and the new one, I would have to go with the earlier model...too much rounded stuff..kills the mood.

But if I had to pick the coolest design post/pre the Detroit/NYC Car show, I would say the Merc E class stole the show...what a cutie car !! I hate to start some drama, but I think the new E class wins the automotive design of 2003 !! Dont even ask how it rides... Punch the gas pedal (preferably open highway road)..and feel the response...awesome !! Last time I felt that kind of luxury and performance combo was when I test drove the Audi A6....(sport package)..unreal !!

But I'm always gonna be an Audi sucker (till they fuck up)... But we all know, its a foot race to the finish line, they wont lose the stranglehold they got on the beamer guys...lol

Originally posted by mbenzml

ferrari v8....

(sorry..lil diff league...but whenever someone mentions car's sound, i always think of the ferrari)

A Ducati Vtwin

A S&S 113cubic inch with hell bent pipes

A 454 with flowmasters

A supercharged SBC 350

Heads N Cam LS1 with Loudmouth

5.4 Superchanged Ford (Lightning engine)

THATS what a car should sound like! If you cant hear it form 2 block away, ya got nothing.

Originally posted by magellanmax

the M5 is not that much faster, it has 400 hp but it's about 800lbs heavier than the M3

I love hatchback cars and so i love the S3,they drive much nicer than a TT according to people at work.

Infact i love any of the RS,S range Audi's,the new RS6 looks class imo :aright:

Are you getting the Golf R32 in the US? I've not seen one in the flesh yet,saw a road test of it on tv last night and it looks really good on the road.We have one on order so i'll have a proper look when it gets here.