Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz

kramadas

k...I know I might get some shit for this but, is it me, or has Buzz really gone waaay off track for us prog/trance headz?!

I checked their listings and I really cannot find one night from December to Feb that I really want(ed) to go for, other than Danny HOwells. I think its great bringing in less known names, and playing all different styles, but it seems like it went from all 90% prog/trance to 10% prog trance. At least 50% would be nice.

:confused:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what tiny said.

having said that, i still thing they should try to bring a "big" name dj like once a month, i think they would still get a full house. i would be happy with that at this point, if they brought in a sander or danny or christian smith or misstress barbara or i dunno once a month.

It's not even that they're bringing in lesser known names. Frankly, I'd rather see a bunch of locals over what they're doing these days. They've changed the music completely. To me, it seems like they're chasing the next big sound or the next big fad. It's a shame, really. Cause that's what struggling businesses do -- get all gimmicky. I'm a firm believer of you dance with the date that brought you. And if that means you're dancing with the ugly girl all night, then so be it. But don't resort to hitting on everybody else's date cause you're in trouble. If you're gonna go down, at least go down with dignity and stick with the ugly girl -- even if the sun's coming up and she's getting uglier and uglier with the impending light.

Originally posted by Kuro

A lot of people just don't want to hear prog. It's about time that they had more diversity. But they need more proper techno.

It doesn't matter to me if they bring "big" names. I don't like the genres they've been highlighting but I'm sure that when they were at Nation other people probably thought they focused too much on prog/trance.

No matter what they do, someone is going to complain.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Which is why it'll never be the same again. :(

Not in Baltimore. And especially not until they change the stupid law about the closing time (there's a hearing at the end of this month, so maybe that'll change at least). Danny Howells is one of the big names that we'll probably see regularly, though.

Originally posted by Kuro

Not in Baltimore. And especially not until they change the stupid law about the closing time (there's a hearing at the end of this month, so maybe that'll change at least). Danny Howells is one of the big names that we'll probably see regularly, though.

I'll be more than happy with Howells! But yeah, they better change that 2am law!

Originally posted by raver_mania

I'll be more than happy with Howells! But yeah, they better change that 2am law!

Yeah. That, and they need to bring the party closer to DC. AND they need to move the party back to Friday so I can go again. AND they need to have Scott Henry spin more regular sets instead of these special Valentine's day love song sets or whatever the heck he's gonna be going. AND they need to get a snack bar so I can have a hot dog middle of the night if I want to.

If they do all that, I'll be a satisfied customer once again.

Yeah, i also agree...I havent been to Trust since Howells and i live in Balto. Its not about the "big names" for me but the kind of music they've been bringing - not my cup of tea. But whatever, i am not complaining - i've moved my party headquaters to Sonar - i like it much better there.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Yeah, i also agree...I havent been to Trust since Howells and i live in Balto. Its not about the "big names" for me but the kind of music they've been bringing - not my cup of tea. But whatever, i am not complaining - i've moved my party headquaters to Sonar - i like it much better there.

I want to check out that Sonar place. Do they have a good Friday night party?

Part of the thing about Buzzlife parties at Trust is that when they have big names in DnB they have to have them in the mainroom because there isn't a seperate area big enough to handle the crowd. So there's only ever one headliner, DnB or otherwise whereas at Nation there could be big names in both parts of the club. Since Howells was at Trust there have been 2 DnB nights, an old school night, a night where there was going to be a surprise guest who JT said was going to be Digweed except that he got sick, Madam Zu cuz she got a good response at Honeydew 3 and a lot of people requested for her to come back, and then Chris Liberator last week. That's why there hasn't been prog.