Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLUB PLANET PARTY?

d.j johnny a.

HEY EVERYONE, I WAS JUST THINKING. BY THE WAY I DO THAT ONCE IN A WHILE.

ANYWAY,WE HAVE PROMOTERS, DJ'S, AND OF COURSE A HOST OF PARTY PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD.

MAYBE WE SHOULD HOST A ONE NIGHT EVENT OR A MONTHLY EVENT FOR OURSELVES AND AND MANY OF OUR FRIENDS.

JUST A THOUGHT!

I'LL PROVIDE THE SOUND SYSYTEM.

PEACE!

cwm1.gif

Originally posted by vaughnblue:

I could provide a bunch of DJs that spin for the music not the $$ QUOTE]

Would they spin for free? I could get some that would. I could lock down a venue as well. Give me some thoughts on your favorite venues and I'll see if I can't make a deal with them. I think we should go for places that don't have anything going on, a place that people would never think of going, the smaller the better, maybe 200 capacity, and come in and blow up their spot for a night. What night?

Locations in the 200-400 person range: (both available ones and things we can check into)

The Argyle.

Papaz.

Deep.

Burgemont Station.

Vinyl.

Lush.

Las Palmas.

------------------

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-Henry David Thoreau, Walden

infinity.gif

Yes Yes Yes...

I love it...now lets see, what can I contribute...DJs...noooo...Venue...noooo...shite...I'm as worthless as they come...but dammit I'll make sure everyone has a good time...I'm like Shakes the Clown...you tell me when and where, then back up and let me do my thang...

cwm28.gif

------------------

showoff.gif

WOW! WHAT A RESPOPNSE . WITH SUCH ENTHUSIASM

HOW CAN WE GO WRONG.

I THINK A SMALL VENUE IS A GREAT IDEA TO START. WE NEED TO GIVE OURSELVES PLENTY OF TIME TO SET THINGS UP.

I'M LEANING CLOSER TO SUMMER TIME UNLESS WE CAN PULL IT OFF BEFORE THEN.

OF COURSE WE NEED TO MEET UP AND SEE WHO IS GOING TO BE DOING WHAT.

I DESIGNATE DLISH TO ESTABLISH THAT!

ALL IN FAVOR SAY I.

OF COURSE ONLY IF HE'S WILLING. cwm41.gif

Didn't Bolthouse pull out of Las Palmas on Wednesdays to move to a new venue? I think he did or will be soon. Maybe we could bring some flavor to that place for once. And get a door guy that only lets people in that are wearing sneakers. cwm27.gif

TRIP ON THIS DLISH. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE CONTACTS THERE BUT A COWORKER JUST TOLD ME HER NEPHEW IS ONE OF IN CHARGE OF SOMETHING THERE. I WILL GET MORE INFO FROM HER.

I THINK WE CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

PEACE!

--------------------------------

"NOTHING HAPPENS BY ACCIDENT"

Originally posted by hardcore:

Wednesday and Las Palmas can't happen because of Bolthouse. Other things might be able to happen.

cwm7.gif

That's what I was asking about. I heard he's "boltin" from there to a new venue on Wednesday. I have something at home, but I don't know if it's on Wednesday and if it's a one off or a new weekly. I'll check it out.

But, like I was saying before I got caught up on bringing a good vibe to Las Palmas, we should pick a spot that nobody knows about or goes to. How about above Bordner's? I haven't been up there, but I heard it's a nice space. I don't know if we'd have to bring in sound for it. I know they have or had a drum and bass night, "Respect", there on Thursdays. How about Voodoo Lounge? or get a venue at a restaurant for a monthly like Love-N-Happiness does?

Stirring the stew...

Deep? Wed. Night? Your thoughts?

------------------

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

-Henry David Thoreau, Walden

infinity.gif

Originally posted by ~surreal~:

What do you guys think about the Playroom on Highland? I'm not sure what the capacity is but I'm almost posiitive it can fit 400 easily. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

smile.gif

~s~, didn't the playroom burn down? i thought that's why they moved cherry to vynyl.

------------------

kid_wearingdadsclothes_md_clr.gif

Even if The Playroom get's repaired soon, that is way to large of a venue. You need at least 1000 heads in there to make it look sort of not empty. Maybe if we took a section of it...plus, who knows what it will look like when it's done.

I say we stick to the small venue, like 200 max. If we have more heads than will fit, then we move to a bigger venue. Start small, grow, move.

Archived