Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need ADVICE from WMC virgin..my first time going

a friend and i are coming from L.A. and going to the WMC for the first time in our lives!! and we can't wait. but we need some advice/help on the club nights.

first of all, i've been to miami once so i know what SOBE is like and where the clubs are. we have our flights and hotel room booked. our biggest questions were on the parties.

are they hard to get into??? for example, the opening of Danny T. at Space sounds awesome, but will it be hard to get into??? this goes along with all the other nights. i just saw a posting for a club that's gonna have Mark Farina, M. Wyatt, King Britt etc....

now..that's something we would LOVE to go to, but again, how do we get in??? are there advance tickets for all the nights or is it just like going to a club and basically showing up???

ALSO, is it worth registering at all for the conference?? and what about the hotel pool parties during the day?? are those hard/easy to get into??

i know it's ALOT, but some advice/help from you experienced people would be great. THANKS AGAIN!!!

I registered last year and it was a waste of time. There is usually no problem getting into parties, unless they say invite only. I've found some of the smaller parties are sometimes the best. I would stay away from the ultra party because you only get to see slightly over an hour of anyones set, which I think is a waste. There are a lot of parties that are free, Radio One had a free one last year at Nikki Beach Club. On the other hand the Subliminal Sessions/Underwater crew had a party costing $40 (I went anyway, it was a fucking blast.) You should have no problem finding parties listed on the internet in a month or so. Good luck and have fun.

First off you and your friend are going to LOVE it! As mentioned here before, most parties aren't too difficult to get into and the smaller to mid-size parties generally have the best vibe in my experience. Don't worry about registering unless you are in the business.

Pace yourself, you don't want to burn out after the second day. WMC is a party marathon. There will be some amazing house events (sounds like that's where your music tastes run towards). The Wave party Tues night at Rain promises to be amazing. The Amenti day party and Moulton/Transport night party on Wed will both be great. Make sure to register for the party list so you know what's up when and where.

Enjoy!

thanks to those who responded. please keep the recommendations coming!

a question to deepFunk: what about the pool parties?? like the one you have attached. are those hard to get into? does someone have to be staying at that hotel or can anyone just go? are there covers for these??

also when do the listings for pool parties come out??

thanks...we can't wait!!

congradulations on ur first trip to wmc !

the parties at space wont be hard to get into, no dress code, huge place. other parties at smaller places might reach capacity tho so if u really wnana see someone i would go on the early side, but i mean u knwo how it works no one is getting there really early. most events dont sell tics in advance, just pay teh cover when u get there. u dont really wnana be tied ot anythign either, u might change ur mind.

dont register for the conference, there is really no point.

the day parties as long as they are open to teh public u can get in some are invite only in which case ur s.o.l. without and invite.

get urself on teh dj prince list for party info, by the time u leave for miami, it'll be liek 50 pages long of event for teh week and u can flip through and decide what u wanna do :D

enjoy !

Originally posted by joeydollaz

congradulations on ur first trip to wmc !

the parties at space wont be hard to get into, no dress code, huge place. other parties at smaller places might reach capacity tho so if u really wnana see someone i would go on the early side, but i mean u knwo how it works no one is getting there really early. most events dont sell tics in advance, just pay teh cover when u get there. u dont really wnana be tied ot anythign either, u might change ur mind.

dont register for the conference, there is really no point.

the day parties as long as they are open to teh public u can get in some are invite only in which case ur s.o.l. without and invite.

get urself on teh dj prince list for party info, by the time u leave for miami, it'll be liek 50 pages long of event for teh week and u can flip through and decide what u wanna do :D

enjoy !

hi joey!

:makeout:

enjoy !

where can you sign up for the dj prince list?

keep in mind that list is last years... the new one is coming out this weekend i believe ... or next week sometime, just get on teh e-mail list and each week til conference u will recieve the updated list.

oh - didn't realize that! ignore my last post then

thanks again for the info

:D

i started reading it toop

like ohhh ohhhhhh yeahhhh .. then i was like wait a minute ,..:mad:

i know - i was drooling reading that trying to figure out how to be in 4 places at once because there were at LEAST 4 parties i wanted to hit! shit - i hope that's an indication of this years!!! this is my first time down there - i can't wait!!!!!