Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I NEED a TECH SAVVY PERSON! Digital Camera sucks my ass

OK for anyone out there who might be able to help with this...

I have a Fuji Finepix 2650 digital camera i just got and i want to put the pics on to my computer (which is running win 98). I installed everything on the CD including the finepix viewer, quicktime, netmeeting and DirectX. I restarted my computer, hooked up the camera thru the USB port, but the computer and camera aren't exchanging data. The little light doesn't flash and niether does the removable drive show up in the finepix viewer menu.

I've tried this with the camera set on both DSC and then again on PC CAM... I don't know wtf else to do.. any ideas/suggestions/remedies??? Please? Before I throw the camera AND the computer across the room?!?!? :cry:

drive hard with your back straight and your arms straight. use your legs to give it the most power. pop the oar out of the water at the end of the stroke and flip the handle down and away from you in a smooth curving motion... on the recovery, you should...

wait.

disregard...

Originally posted by cintron

drive hard with your back straight and your arms straight. use your legs to give it the most power. pop the oar out of the water at the end of the stroke and flip the handle down and away from you in a smooth curving motion... on the recovery, you should...

wait.

disregard...

LoL wrong tech help :tongue:

Originally posted by doubtness

R u sure that your USB port is working?

I'm kinda questioning that now...

cause I know the one on my laptop does, 'cause the camera picked it up right away. Yet on the other computer, it doesn't register anything. Unfortunately, I don't have the space on my laptop to install all the software :hey: *sigh*

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I'm kinda questioning that now...

cause I know the one on my laptop does, 'cause the camera picked it up right away. Yet on the other computer, it doesn't register anything. Unfortunately, I don't have the space on my laptop to install all the software :hey: *sigh*

I have the Fuji Fine Pics A303. Same software.

Did you install Everything on the install Disk?

Did you plug the camera in before you turned the PC on. ( You really dont have to do that ) But try it anyway.

Finepix Viewer should automatically load if the once it realizes the camera is connected.

Do you have anything else USB to test the port?

If worse comes to worse. Un-Install the software. Then plug the camera in. And then re-boot. And re-install the software...

Any other questions PM me or hit me on AIM sboobs78...

here's a tip...

you don't really need all the Fujifilm software installed. I have a Finepix 4700 and I found the only thing you need is the USB driver installed (not the viewer or any of the other things).

When you use it this way, all your computer does is recognize it as another drive (i.e. C, D, E, etc.) so when you open your Explorer window it will say something like "Removable Disk (E)". Then you can just drag them to your favorite other folder to store them.

PM me if you have more questions...

Originally posted by brooklynkid

here's a tip...

you don't really need all the Fujifilm software installed. I have a Finepix 4700 and I found the only thing you need is the USB driver installed (not the viewer or any of the other things).

When you use it this way, all your computer does is recognize it as another drive (i.e. C, D, E, etc.) so when you open your Explorer window it will say something like "Removable Disk (E)". Then you can just drag them to your favorite other folder to store them.

PM me if you have more questions...

Yeah that too... I also use Micro Grafix and other Photo Editing software to captue my images. ;)

By the way Brooklyn. I checked out your site. Excellent shots...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Thanks everyone :) For those of you with the camera - where should I put the driver when I download it? Is there a specific folder or drive it needs to go into?

it's a small file...you can leave it on your desktop and then delete when you are done installing...or, keep it in a safe place for next time;)

element: thanks for the props!:D