Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cancer Drive At Platinum

Originally posted by liqidtouch

introduce urself when u get there bro-

Liqid TOuch

white shirt - headphones- you know the drill....

Sorry bro i got there around 1230 and i didn't check this site about your post. Next time kid...i'm steve s by the way.

all in all wish i got there earlier...all the money from the door i heard went straight to the charity. Don't know what charity it was but i gave extra just in case they did take %. I was surprised how many banging girls there were there too.

Listen Im sure DJTRAIN didn't mean to want to make you feel like an asshole or jump on you in any way.

Just a lil history to let you know why I know this.

DJTRAIN is one of my best friends, this past summer one of our other best friends was diagnosed with Leaukemia. Our friend is only 25. He is now going through kemo every three weeks in which he is lucky if he feels ok maybe one week out of the month. His whole life has changed so far and will continue to change as it go's on.

Sloan Kettering wanted over $240,000 up front just to start his treatment, and that isnt even 50% of what the total treatments will cost. If treatments are successfull and the cancer goes into remission you now have to look forward to a lifetime of a daily pill and medication regiment. More money. If it is not successfull you know have to look forward to bone marrow transplant. Alot a pain and a whole lot of money more.

now imagine being a parent of a child being diagnosed with some thing if untreated will kill them. Now imagine having to sell your house to pay for treatment imagine not being able to do anything.

Im sorry if Djtrain seemed a lil pissed or wrong it is just that we as a group of friends are going through this now and we have become passionate towards helping fight cancer

These are life situations that happen in a blink of an eye so if it is 15% it is welcomed

I'm sure that real charities donate more than 15%

Not everyone is a crook

Thanks for listening

Just wanted to thank everyone who came out.

DJ Liqid Touch, DJ Brian, DJ Tom e. and DJ Fritz with the crew from the Paradox Night Club, DJ Billy Reybert from Bar "A", DJ Prime for sticking it out all night (Great job in the wave lounge), Steve R., Steve S., Big "C" on the lights, Grace, Perns and the Friday night crew. Nice crowd for a Tuesday night. At one point the whole dance floor was all girls.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Originally posted by davisg

Just wanted to thank everyone who came out.

DJ Liqid Touch, DJ Brian, DJ Tom e. and DJ Fritz with the crew from the Paradox Night Club, DJ Billy Reybert from Bar "A", DJ Prime for sticking it out all night (Great job in the wave lounge), Steve R., Steve S., Big "C" on the lights, Grace, Perns and the Friday night crew. Nice crowd for a Tuesday night. At one point the whole dance floor was all girls.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

how did dj riggity diggity do??? and don't play stupid you hand job!

p.s. was barbie girl feeling tom e k's set???

Originally posted by foodidoo

...this past summer one of our other best friends was diagnosed with Leaukemia. Our friend is only 25. He is now going through kemo every three weeks in which he is lucky if he feels ok maybe one week out of the month. His whole life has changed so far and will continue to change as it go's on.

Sloan Kettering wanted over $240,000 up front just to start his treatment, and that isnt even 50% of what the total treatments will cost. If treatments are successfull and the cancer goes into remission you now have to look forward to a lifetime of a daily pill and medication regiment. More money. If it is not successfull you know have to look forward to bone marrow transplant. Alot a pain and a whole lot of money more.

now imagine being a parent of a child being diagnosed with some thing if untreated will kill them. Now imagine having to sell your house to pay for treatment imagine not being able to do anything.

Im sorry if Djtrain seemed a lil pissed or wrong it is just that we as a group of friends are going through this now and we have become passionate towards helping fight cancer

i have a suggestion for you, or for your friend for that matter. why dont you tell your friend to look into going to the National Institutes of Health? they have the National Cancer Institute in the hospital there. i know everyone has their own opinion about which is the best, but i have talked to MANY people about this in the past couple years and 99% of the people said that they are the best. sure, he will have to drive about 4 hours to Maryland, but its a small sacrifice for your life....and believe me, i did that drive about twice a month for a year....yea i hated it, but i'm alive. the other good thing is that the hospital itself isnt out for money. they do everything there for research and for the patients......and this is why they dont charge anything. its a government hospital and they are there for the patients, not for the money. funny thing is, they actually end up paying you to go there b/c they are more interested in spending a little money to find a cure for cancer. i can relate to all of what you said, b/c had a rare cancer for about 8 years. after all the tests i had to go through over the years, the NIH was the only place that was familiar with what i had. if i would have left it up to any other doctor, i would have been dead or living without a bladder(keep in mind i am only 23). but like i said, they are the best and b/c of them i am fine now. granted there will be always be follow ups and tests for the rest of my life but who gives a shit. small price to pay. as far as the cost for what i had done. i wouldnt even know where to begin. weeks at a time as an inpatient, surgery, treatments, tests, medications....shit would have been a pretty penny(i have to have an injection every few months which costs about $3000, and the test to follow up with the injection is about $6000....and so far i have had it done 7-8 times...you do the math........but they paid for everything.) if you need/want some info about the place let me know. more than happy to help. check the website too...pretty sure it is www.nih.gov

Thank you White Camaro he is almost done with his treatments my point to Trewguy is that there are many people out there that cant even do anything b/c they have no money or family to help and every lil bit helps.Also that even though the law is only asking for 15% doesn't mean that every charity is only giving 15%

Originally posted by foodidoo

Thank you White Camaro he is almost done with his treatments my point to Trewguy is that there are many people out there that cant even do anything b/c they have no money or family to help and every lil bit helps.Also that even though the law is only asking for 15% doesn't mean that every charity is only giving 15%

listen you didnt prove no point to me unless you gave the money directly to someone every chaity is a paid buissness except the salvation army

so u could shove your point up your ass