Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mixer is history, but...

pod

This from an email...

As you have probably heard, Mixer Magazine has closed. But from its former staff, a new, superior magazine has been born. Published by Darren Ressler, former editor of Mixer, and with comparable circulation and distribution, Big Shot will continue to cover all of the aspects of the urban and electronic/dance music culture and lifestyle.

So Mixer is dead, and a new magazine rises from the ashes...hmm...

Damm....Mixer was great, sad to see it go...they should have never gotten rid of the dog mascot

..guess its up to URB and BPM to focus on the domestic dance culture scene...

I love Muzik, DJ, and Mixmag but their focus is on their scene...we need more publications covering whats going on in the US....I guess its just another blow to the heath of dance music in 03....

Hopefully the new mag can do the job...but the title sucks ass..:

:(

david alexander

My only complaint really about BPM and Urb is they are 'centered' too much on their hometowns...magazines with their resources should easily be able to find a few freelancers in major club cities to do a decent amount of coverage every month. I've posited the idea to them and others, and it's been whoosed under the rug for some reason. I just think it's kind of funny when a third-string night in LA that ends at 4 AM gets more coverage than a top-flight DJ's set in Miami that ends at 4 PM :)

They both have Miami coverage, but it's pretty much a few photos in the back of the magazine of various locals.

I agree Dan, LA gets way more coverage that we do.....with Mixer since it was on the East Coast we got more coverage...but at least with URB and BPM there was some coverage of US djs and clubs..etc..etc..and every once and awhile even Miami gets some respect.... the UK mags almost never cover US djs, clubs..etc.etc....

What can we do to get more coverage?

david