Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nick warren sucked friday night @ Crobar!!!!

b612

Can anyone explain to me why Nick Warren mixed it's best music in such a gentle way (you couldn't even notice the transitions) and one hour later he fucked it up? He lowered the pitch of one of the songs way too noticeble, started playing a bunch of tracks which really had nothing to do with the dynamic he had since he started, FUCKED IT UP!!!!!! Terrible.... the first hour was amazing..... the rest I could have thought it was my mother spinning blindfolded with her feet.

what a waste.....seriously. I'm still grateful for the first hour of the set though.

that's a very interesting statement, because I've heard quite the opposite from most people. what I've heard is the mixing was tight,and the track selection was off da chain. some of these comments where, from people who had no clue who Nick Warren is. Nick Warren is very unpredictable; which is why I really enjoy his style. Reykjavik his new release is something, I've been looking forward to for along time.:)

I go clubbing for the music.... I love Nick Warren's style but he is a bit crazy.... If any of you download any of his mixes on the net you'll see how he isn't really a consistent DJ.....

How can some say his mixing skills were tight friday night when he had almost everyone in there looking at him for quite a long time without dancing, trying to figure out why in the world what you heard was a bunch of horses galoping and not a smooth mix.... Not only that, if you decide that you will start your set with "PEAK" tracks, YOU JUST have to keep it that way till the end. I was having a blast, the first hour was UNBELIEVABLE.... an hour later he pretty much asked a bunch of people to leave the clubb as he started to sound like a rookie.

Why all of this? I wish I knew.....

B612

Originally posted by b612

Can anyone explain to me why Nick Warren mixed it's best music in such a gentle way (you couldn't even notice the transitions) and one hour later he fucked it up? He lowered the pitch of one of the songs way too noticeble, started playing a bunch of tracks which really had nothing to do with the dynamic he had since he started, FUCKED IT UP!!!!!! Terrible.... the first hour was amazing..... the rest I could have thought it was my mother spinning blindfolded with her feet.

what a waste.....seriously. I'm still grateful for the first hour of the set though.

I've seen lots of DJ's and some play peak time tracks at the end of the night some play it in the middle some in the beginning and some don't play peak time tracks at all. You sound like you're really hung up on what "you" think a set should sound like.

NW passed the most important test for a dj......he kept me and whole bunch of people on the floor.....track selection, technical mixing, creativity...all important but sometimes its something subtle that puts a night over the top....everything plays a part...

People came out to party and NW rocked the party...simple

David

Not only that, if you decide that you will start your set with "PEAK" tracks, YOU JUST have to keep it that way till the end.

have you heard a DT , Digweed, etc set ??

you play peak tracks through an entire set, and you will wipe people out. you can't lower the hammer on every track...

Wow so many mixed reviews on Warren I wish I had been able to judge his dynamics. I really enjoyed his latest mix from Iceland, on the other hand I do agree about his consistency there have been times when listening to his live sets when he just changes the whole plateau and you have no idea where he is taking you unlike many other dj's.

I do think his mixing skills are up there especially with his almost unoticeable transitions at times he has traveled the globe extensively I still have incredible memories of seeing him live @SPACE,

all in all Warren is an incredible DJ I envy those that got to see his Performace.

Can someone please tell me if he dropped Lustral -Broken(way out west remix) ? I am dying to know

Just figured i'd add my own two cents to this topic.

I, for one, had an awesome time at crobar hearing NW spin. And I think he did a pretty damn good job for having his records never make the flight to Miami ('cept for his cds that he carried with him) and having to borrow someone else's records (heard he was using Jon Cowan's...if anyone can confirm that).

To add to that, that was the first time in a VERY long time that crobar had that many people left when the music stopped.

So Nick Warren, :aright: !

Mishka

How can some say his mixing skills were tight friday night when he had almost everyone in there looking at him for quite a long time without dancing

he started to sound like a rookie.

That's your opinion..... But apparently, not everyone elses.

Originally posted by sobeton

you play peak tracks through an entire set, and you will wipe people out. you can't lower the hammer on every track... [/QUOT Oh yeah? PICOTTO fuckings drops it from start to finish!!!

Yo TONY !! Come out and party!

I heard a rumor that he ended up playing austin leeds records but I am not sure.... Everyone has their own opinion about friday night, I guess I am a bit pissed only because for the first hour of the set HE BLEW MY MIND....COMPLETELY...and I expected that level of proffesionalism for the rest of the night and didn't get it.

I just wanted to hear other people's reaction to the party and it is good to know that most of you, eventhough NW didn't do his best job, still had an awesome time.

To all of you, I'm kinda new to this message boards but it is good to read you all...

till next time.

b612

Originally posted by happyface

Originally posted by sobeton

you play peak tracks through an entire set, and you will wipe people out. you can't lower the hammer on every track... [/QUOT Oh yeah? PICOTTO fuckings drops it from start to finish!!! Yo TONY !! Come out and party!

but he bridges tracks smart ass ! :D:tongue:

next week marks my return ..just make sure you can hang..:D

I heard a rumor that he ended up playing austin leeds records but I am not sure.... Everyone has their own opinion about friday night, I guess I am a bit pissed only because for the first hour of the set HE BLEW MY MIND....COMPLETELY...and I expected that level of proffesionalism for the rest of the night and didn't get it.

I just wanted to hear other people's reaction to the party and it is good to know that most of you, eventhough NW didn't do his best job, still had an awesome time.

To all of you, I'm kinda new to this message boards but it is good to read you all...

till next time.

b612

welcome to the board !:) next week Lawler/ Oscar G / Roly it's a a winning combination..:cool:

some people I know were at Crobar and all of them told me that the place was super packed and the music rocked.

I am glad for Crobar.. bad thing I didn't show up even though I was offered free drinks the whole night....I guess i am getting old. :D

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

where have u been?? havent seen u in a while....:D

Ooh i'm still around. I just haven't gone out as much since my b-day and the start of Spring semester.

BUT!! I will be out for Greg's (Beatfriek) b-day this weekend to see Steve Lawler! Will you be in attendance??

MIshka

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i think so..its a little early to start thinking about that...but its 80% for sure so far... :D

WHATEVER !:tongue: just make sure you ,and your better half get your arses there. we are celebrating Greg's birthday and my return.. :D