Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Underworld To Headline Ultra Music Festival (+ line up)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - FEBRUARY 3, 2003

Underworld To Headline Ultra Music Festival

March 22 in Miami, Joining Paul Oakenfold,

Sasha, John Digweed, Paul Van Dyk In Lineup

The legendary Underworld has just signed on to headline the fifth annual Ultra Music Festival, giving America's premier dance event its most impressive lineup yet. Underworld joins global superstar DJ/producers Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, John Digweed, Paul van Dyk, and Tiesto among the sizzling acts scheduled to appear at Ultra on March 22, 2003 from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. at downtown Miami's Bayfront Park.

Other 2003 performers include Hybrid (live stage performance), Timo Maas, Erick Morillo, Goldie, Josh Wink, Mauro Picotto, Seb Fontaine, Roni Size, Junkie XL (live stage performance), Steve Lawler, Bad Boy Bill, Electric Skychurch (live stage performance), Sander Kleinenberg, DJ Craze & Adam F, Max Graham, Sandra Collins, and many more. A list of performers confirmed for Ultra Music Festival 2003 as of February 3 appears below.

"Ultra is a musical experience incomparable to any other dance event in the U.S., and maybe the world," said Russell Faibisch, Ultra co-founder, CEO, and executive producer. "There are no words to describe the level of energy and happiness of the tens and tens of thousands of party people coming together to enjoy the finest assembly of electronic artists in the most beautiful setting in the world." Ultra performer Paul van Dyk added, "Ultra is the important festival at the WMC. Meanwhile it is a tradition, and a good one, and that's why I am really looking forward to being at Ultra 2003 again."

ULTRA PERFORMERS

The Ultra Music Festival provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Underworld -- one of the most successful and dynamic electronic acts in history -- outdoors and under the stars with Miami's gorgeous Biscayne Bay as a backdrop. Most recently, Underworld punctuated 2002 with A Hundred Days Off, a triumphant return to the fold that featured the exuberant and euphoric lead single, "Two Months Off." Always renowned as one of the most stunning live acts touring the globe today, Underworld's Karl Hyde and Rick Smith already wowed crowds on a recent U.S. trek and are sure to enthrall audiences at Ultra.

One of the world's most popular DJs, Paul Oakenfold made waves in 2002 with Bunkka, his debut album as a solo studio artist. With tracks like "Ready Steady Go" and "Starry Eyed Surprise," Oakenfold proved his mettle in ways far beyond the dancefloor, but he still knows how to hold it down behind the decks, something sure to be seen during his performance at Ultra 2003.

Sasha routinely ranks among the world's most esteemed and influential DJs and producers, as does his frequent DJ partner, John Digweed. After releasing timeless compilation albums for the Global Underground series and teaming with Digweed for Northern Exposure and Communicate, Sasha dropped his debut artist album, Airdrawndagger, in 2002. Digweed, also a Global Underground alum, has released his share of dancefloor gems via his own Bedrock imprint and most recently released another mix CD, MMII, also in 2002. Teaming with fellow Ultra 2003 performer Jimmy Van M, Sasha & Digweed embarked on the Delta Heavy tour in 2002, taking their untouchable DJ sets to audiences across the USA, including the tour's launch in Miami.

German electronic music pioneer Paul van Dyk comes to Ultra just a few weeks after the release of Global, a career retrospective that's paired with a DVD documentary of his musical travels. Van Dyk, the mastermind behind such classics as "Tell Me Why (The Riddle)" and "For an Angel" showed off his prowess as a mixmaster with 2001's sprawling compilation, The Politics of Dancing.

ABOUT ULTRA

Ultra 2003 is sponsored by D'VOX Magazine, Coolworld.com, and Miami's Party 93.1 FM. Tickets are $50 and are available through the website, www.ultramusicfestival.us, as well as www.groovetickets.com and via the toll-free number, 1.877.714.7668. Starting in February, tickets will also be available throughout Florida and select states. For VIP ticket information, please contact the Ultra offices at info@ultramusicfestival.us. The Festival's VIP area will feature a preferred view of the main stage and tents, couches, bars, and bottle service, as well as an up-close-and personal encounter with the performers, industry representatives, dance enthusiasts, and party people from around the world.

Concertgoers attending Ultra 2003 can expect a first-class festival experience. The event features 10 unique music arenas pumping out the best electronic music has to offer for 14 nonstop hours. Video artists Vello V and OVT will be orchestrating a live video mix throughout the day, and a jaw-dropping laser and light show will punctuate the evening's sets. International hot and cold food vendors will populate the site and multiple full-service bars will cater to the 21 and over crowd. Fans will also encounter various global consciousness and non-profit booths to stimulate the mind.

The Ultra Music Festival is a dream come true for festival co-founder, CEO, and executive producer Russell Faibisch; Alex Omes, festival co-founder, president, and publisher of the music publication D'VOX Magazine; and Sason "Bishope" Parry, festival co-producer, artist, and founder of Coolworld. Ultra is the largest and fastest growing event of its kind in the United States featuring the world¹s top artists in the electronic music genre. Now in its fifth year, the annual Ultra Music Festival event is held every March in Miami, Florida. The first two Ultra Music Festivals were held on the sand at the 21st Street Beach in Miami Beach but subsequently moved to the larger venue of Bayfront Park in downtown Miami due to the need to accommodate exceeding capacity.

In March of 2002, over 30,000 attended Ultra's largest event thus far. Based on year-to-date results reported by Pollstar in May 2002, the March 2002 Ultra event represented the third largest individual act in the United States (after Paul McCartney and *NSYNC), and the seventh largest event overall in the first quarter of 2002, measured by gross tickets sold. This successful event was covered by CNN and continues its legacy as the premier electronic music festival in America.

U L T R A M U S I C F E S T I V A L 2 0 0 3 L I N E U P

CONFIRMED AS OF FEBRUARY 3, 2003

MORE ARTISTS TO BE CONFIRMED...STAY TUNED!

UNDERWORLD

PAUL OAKENFOLD

SASHA

JOHN DIGWEED

PAUL VAN DYK

TIESTO

HYBRID - LIVE

TIMO MAAS

ERICK MORILLO

GOLDIE

JOSH WINK

MAURO PICOTTO

SEB FONTAINE

RONI SIZE

JUNKIE XL - LIVE

STEVE LAWLER

BAD BOY BILL

ELECTRIC SKYCHURCH - LIVE

SANDER KLEINENBERG

DJ CRAZE / ADAM F

MAX GRAHAM

SANDRA COLLINS

DIMITRI (AMSTERDAM)

UBERZONE _ LIVE

DJ DAN

RAP

DONALD GLAUDE

DIESELBOY / AK 1200 / DARA (PLANET OF THE DRUMS)

HYPER

DAVE SEAMAN

CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE

LEE BURRIDGE

GEORGE ACOSTA

SIMPLY JEFF

JOHN CREAMER

KEVENS _ LIVE

PLANET B _ LIVE

DB / REID SPEED

ED RUSH / OPTICAL

JIMMY VAN M

ANDY C / BAD COMPANY

JOHN DEBO

STEVE PORTER

TIM SKINNER

WILD CHILD

SEAN CUSICK

JOHN GRAHAM

DAVID WAXMAN

CHRIS FORTIER

TOTAL SCIENCE / BARON

SHY FX / SS

TEEBEE / BAILEY

HIGH CONTRAST / INFLUX DATUM

JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY

STORM

DAZEE / EMPRESS

JUJU / KNOW:EL

LEMON D & DILLINJA

MC¹S

RYMETYME, DYNAMITE, QUESTIONMARK,

MC J MESSINIAN, ARMANI, NAVIGATOR,

CHICKABOO, BASS NACHO

U don't get out much, do u?

:D

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by diabolique007

this will be the best $50 I have spent in ages... :hat:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL

Originally posted by amdmaxx

U don't get out much, do u?

:D

LOL, you must buy cheap house drinks then :D

$50 goes in a heartbeat at the bar here in Miami, of course i'd rather listen to all that talent than have a few rounds of drinks, it doesn't matter to me now anyway...heh heh...drink tent here I come!

Originally posted by diabolique007

LOL, you must buy cheap house drinks then :D

$50 goes in a heartbeat at the bar here in Miami, of course i'd rather listen to all that talent than have a few rounds of drinks, it doesn't matter to me now anyway...heh heh...drink tent here I come!

That's what they want you to think. If you blow fifty bucks in booze in a night, that's a lot.

If you're a girl, it's so easy to get by without spending a dime on drinks. Find some schlep guy, promise him all sorts of things for booze, and you're set. Be careful though, you could run into me and I'd just look at you funny.

If you're a guy, just get well everything, and finish off the night on beer. Less than fifty bucks, you're quite happy. In the end, does it really make a difference whether you get loaded on Cristal or Corona? It's all coming up the same way anyway. Then again, I'm a borderline alcoholic.

I'd rather save the fifty dollars for a woman of the night over on Collins! Yeah I'm a pervert, get used to it :)

Originally posted by pod

Why would you want to drink booze at Ultra anyway? It's hot out, it's too expensive...I'll be saving my drink money and skills at getting a few drinks tickets for the nighttime events :)

i couldn't agree with you more :)

welcome, Rick

and alter-egos...hehe

yep. Confirmed like a week ago on hallucination message board. This should be sooooo outta hand. I hope they post the schedule/time slots on the web so I can make sure none of my favs overlap.

Hey Pod...any word from Nick or that other guy?

gosh, I hope the drink tent is in between the stages...LOL