Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Three @ Maze/ Valentine's Day

meng

Are any of you guys going to see Three at Maze on Valentine's?

He deserves a crowd. He's had bad luck in Miami in the past with the turnouts at both the Second Hand Satellites tour at Crobar (it rained that night) and also at Lola (maybe 20 people showed?).

Let's give our Florida homegrown bad-ass DJ a break and go see him do what he does best.....spin some of the meanest house in town.....

three_djBLUE.jpg

Originally posted by meng

Are any of you guys going to see Three at Maze on Valentine's?

He deserves a crowd. He's had bad luck in Miami in the past with the turnouts at both the Second Hand Satellites tour at Crobar (it rained that night) and also at Lola (maybe 20 people showed?).

Let's give our Florida homegrown bad-ass DJ a break and go see him do what he does best.....spin some of the meanest house in town.....

three_djBLUE.jpg

and he also pulled 20 people the time he played at Rain and during conference there were a lot of people during his set at Billboard Live just because Seaman, Quiver, Lawler and others were playing there too. This guy has no pull at all. :(

Originally posted by laliux

and he also pulled 20 people the time he played at Rain and during conference there were a lot of people during his set at Billboard Live just because Seaman, Quiver, Lawler and others were playing there too. This guy has no pull at all. :(

so? He's still the one of the best American dj's. He may not have pull in Miami but why don't you ask any of the Bedrockers in the UK what they think of him?

Guest brwneydtrouble

I think I may be doing a tour of several places on V-day. Since I will be alone....*lol* I happen to have a thing for homegrown, unknown house DJ's.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I think I may be doing a tour of several places on V-day. Since I will be alone....*lol* I happen to have a thing for homegrown, unknown house DJ's.

DJ Three is hardly unknown.

Guest brwneydtrouble

DJ Three is hardly unknown.

Berry sorry.......well, I have never heard of him, and am willing to give him a listen. Ya don't have to get all over my ass cause I don't know who he is.......*lol*

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by digital7

oh .. he hasnt begun to yet :tongue:

The question is, would I enjoy it......

And don't get me started......just ask Saleen, he knows what its like to be on my bad side. :D

I gave him a nice welcome on the Whysleep board. When he finally met me, he thought I would be some dikey new york bad ass hood rat. I think he was pleasantly surprised.

If you enjoy good, techy, weird, twisted house....you should enjoy Three just fine. Personally, I think he's one of the best American DJ's of pregressive/techy house......I have no idea why he has had such a hard time in Miami. he's opened for Digweed and has played at the Bedrock parties in the UK not to mention all over the world.....

If you enjoy good, techy, weird, twisted house....you should enjoy Three just fine. Personally, I think he's one of the best American DJ's of pregressive/techy house......I have no idea why he has had such a hard time in Miami. he's opened for Digweed and has played at the Bedrock parties in the UK not to mention all over the world.....

2 words bro: Bad Promotion!

that's all it is.

That and the fact that it was Rain. Other than the Aquabooty nights, that place never had a crowd really...quality crowd that is.

Rain's just plain sketchy and not worth it.

Three is truly a pioneer as far as electronic music goes. He's been around since the beginning. Period...point blank.

I have seen him perform on numerous occasions dating back to at least '95 and the good ole Simon's Days in Gainesville. He has never been less than superb!!! Frankly, I think the lack of attendance at Three events is less a reflection of the quality of the DJ, but more a reflection of the people who considered themselves to be truly involved and educated within the electronic music scene. Feel free to keep the dancefloor clear by a lack of attendance...it'll give me more room to move:tongue:

Fact is, Three isn't fading anytime soon. That's for sure. With a new sublabel under his wing, Hallucination Limited, putting out music that would make most of you drool, you can bet you'll be wishing you had space to dance in front of him too once the mass finally gets it!

With kindest regards and much respect,

FX

I heard Three dude, don't get mad at me. He is just alright in my book. You can't hide the fact he has 0 pull in Miami. That's all.

i was there the same night and i remember you asking me where the people were?

my answer, it's Miami.

Seems to me that you were more concerned with the crowd than w/ the music. Who rates a dj when indeed, there is only 20 people in the entire club? It was lackluster, I'll agree to that but can you blame him? What energy is he supposed to feed off of? My boy was just playing rekkids.

He's a wicked dj, with exceptional technical skills and will go as far as saying he is one of the most underrated djs out there today.

I usually give a dj a few chances in order to form a proper opinion. On the other hand most people are just too inpatient to give djs a second chance like senor lalo mi palo.

Originally posted by diegonyc

my answer, it's Miami.

Seems to me that you were more concerned with the crowd than w/ the music. Who rates a dj when indeed, there is only 20 people in the entire club? It was lackluster, I'll agree to that but can you blame him? What energy is he supposed to feed off of? My boy was just playing rekkids.

He's a wicked dj, with exceptional technical skills and will go as far as saying he is one of the most underrated djs out there today.

I usually give a dj a few chances in order to form a proper opinion. On the other hand most people are just too inpatient to give djs a second chance like senor lalo mi palo.

Bump!!:cool:

Originally posted by diegonyc

my answer, it's Miami.

I'd have to agree it's Miami. :rolleyes: