Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Three @ Maze/ Valentine's Day

meng

Originally posted by diegonyc

i was there the same night and i remember you asking me where the people were?

my answer, it's Miami.

Seems to me that you were more concerned with the crowd than w/ the music. Who rates a dj when indeed, there is only 20 people in the entire club? It was lackluster, I'll agree to that but can you blame him? What energy is he supposed to feed off of? My boy was just playing rekkids.

He's a wicked dj, with exceptional technical skills and will go as far as saying he is one of the most underrated djs out there today.

I usually give a dj a few chances in order to form a proper opinion. On the other hand most people are just too inpatient to give djs a second chance like senor lalo mi palo.

I have given DJ 3 , 3 chances. That night, I remember you.....I went to Rain to get a good start on my night and we even stayed for about 2 hours to see if it would pick up. You are right, if the DJ sees nobody on the dance floor then his set will be somewhat energyless. If you guys read, I've never said DJ Three sucks..I said he has 0 pull, at least here in Miami.

Good luck!!!

Originally posted by laliux

I have given DJ 3 , 3 chances. That night, I remember you.....I went to Rain to get a good start on my night and we even stayed for about 2 hours to see if it would pick up. You are right, if the DJ sees nobody on the dance floor then his set will be somewhat energyless. If you guys read, I've never said DJ Three sucks..I said he has 0 pull, at least here in Miami.

Good luck!!!

Well considering that he has 0 pull and is one of the best DJ's, then why bring in negative vibes to this thread by continuously posting the fact that he has 0 pull? Some of us DJ Three fans here in Miami are trying to help change that fact. We're the few people that are always at his shows when he comes here.

So check it

I went to see three last time he played in Miami. It was at lola and there were only 20 people there. I didn't want to just leave so I grabbed a drink and listened.

I have seen and heard him play over 20 times. He has also played for me at Budious Maximus numerous times including my closing party. I did not like what he played at crobar at all as second hand satalites but at lola ,I'm telling you guys he redeemed himself and then some. His music selection was absolutely amazing . I did not want to leave because he was so on. I stayed until the end and knew it was still in him.

He may not have "pull" here, neither did armand van helden @ maze, Dirty vegas @ Billboard, julius papp @ opium etc., etc., etc. In otherwords, especialy as a promoter myself, draw does not always mean good. Ther are always variables to parties. No one had any idea who Rasoul was and billboard had over 5,500 people through the door.

DJ Three is great so check it out if you want and don't if you don't. I know I'll be there and I knew he'll produce.

Rock on Milo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Originally posted by tbooty

So check it

I went to see three last time he played in Miami. It was at lola and there were only 20 people there. I didn't want to just leave so I grabbed a drink and listened.

I have seen and heard him play over 20 times. He has also played for me at Budious Maximus numerous times including my closing party. I did not like what he played at crobar at all as second hand satalites but at lola ,I'm telling you guys he redeemed himself and then some. His music selection was absolutely amazing . I did not want to leave because he was so on. I stayed until the end and knew it was still in him.

He may not have "pull" here, neither did armand van helden @ maze, Dirty vegas @ Billboard, julius papp @ opium etc., etc., etc. In otherwords, especialy as a promoter myself, draw does not always mean good. Ther are always variables to parties. No one had any idea who Rasoul was and billboard had over 5,500 people through the door.

DJ Three is great so check it out if you want and don't if you don't. I know I'll be there and I knew he'll produce.

Rock on Milo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:aright:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by shroomy

I'm willing to bet you were not pleasantly surprised....

Actually, I was not surprised in the least. He looks the part of the greasy guido, pain in the ass from New Jersey...

By the way Meng, you totally didn't catch my drift before......thats ok though. *lol*

Originally posted by vipnerd

Sean .... w/out doubts .... three will have a blast on the 14th ... expect a pretty full house ... and some extra goodies to wrap things up ... can't wait ...

R u coming Friday to Paolo? ... top notch stuff ... Call me or PM me ... :hat:

sounds good to me! I'm leaving to Islands of Adventure tomorrow so I won't be able to make it to Paolo but I'm looking forward to Three for sure! :cool:

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Actually, I was not surprised in the least. He looks the part of the greasy guido, pain in the ass from New Jersey...

By the way Meng, you totally didn't catch my drift before......thats ok though. *lol*

oh yeah, I see where I misread your post...my bad....:D

Three is a great DJ with a wonderful presence. Not enough promotion was spent towards those nights. If these guys would spend more on advertising, for upwards to a month, the turnout could be unreal. I've enjoyed Three since Simon's back in the mid-90's, and always look forward to his sets, as well as Second Hand Satellites...I am appaled sometimes at the uneducated choices clubgoers make here in Miami. There is such amazing music & talent floating around, esp Three. You're missing out if you pass on Valentine's @ Maze, and/or OHM in WPB...

Originally posted by diabolique007

Three is a great DJ with a wonderful presence. Not enough promotion was spent towards those nights. If these guys would spend more on advertising, for upwards to a month, the turnout could be unreal. I've enjoyed Three since Simon's back in the mid-90's, and always look forward to his sets, as well as Second Hand Satellites...I am appaled sometimes at the uneducated choices clubgoers make here in Miami. There is such amazing music & talent floating around, esp Three. You're missing out if you pass on Valentine's @ Maze, and/or OHM in WPB...

love the zappa quote, christina..... :D