Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA in New York City!

From the flyer:

Ultra for Life New York City Fall 2003

There are very few music events that will take place in one's lifetime that will be remembered. Events that stand for and symbolize something of universal importance. In fall 2003, ULTRA comes to NYC. Prepare for a music festival that will touch millions of lives around the world.

If u remember they tried to do Creamfields NY in 2001 but it never panned out! The acts and venue were booked but due to the lack of ticket sales cream backed out about a month before the event.:mad:

the advertised line up on the flier was

Fatboy Slim

Crystal Method

Orbital

Stereo MCs

Uberzone

Richie Hawtin

Pete Tong

Seb Fontaine

Timo Maas

Darren Emerson

Tall Paul

John Acquaviva

Adam Freeland

Max Graham

Photek

Scott Hardkiss

Scott Henery

John Debo

Liquid Todd

Jason Bentley

Charles Feelgood

Christian Smith

DJ Dara

DB

OMG if that party ever did go on it would have benn nuts!

i'll believe it when i see it.

well hopefully they'll learn the important lessons that creamfields and mekka never did:

1) don't partner with a behemouth like clearchannel. after they rape your festival and water it down with cheesy pop bullshit, give it ZERO airtime on their radio stations, and then back out because not enough tickets were sold.

2) ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! and not just on messageboards and in record shops. NYC doesn't have a dance radio station (ktu doesn't count) so you'll need to hit tv, magazines and above all hit the streets. clear channel owns billboards - let them post it in HUGE signs in every state within driving distance.

3) don't depend on US clubbers to come flocking to your party just because of the name of your company. Sorry bub, cream just doesn't hold the same weight over here as it does over there... not without hard work anyway.

4) you WILL face an uphill battle trying to get a legal venue (remember years ago when there were rumors of Rabbit in the Moon at the javitz center?) and insurance.

5) did i mention that you need to advertise? we might not have radio, but we have entire networks of underground promoters who can reach your potential ticket buyers. ignore them (as creamfields did) at your own risk.

6) this is dance music god dammit - with clubnights every week who buys tickets in advance?

7) there has never been a successful nyc outdoor festival-style massive in recent memory - last one i can think of was e-nit festival when i was still an undergrad. area1 relegated juan atkins and carl cox to a little tent off to the side - it doesn't count. dancevalley in holland has hit numbers of 40-90,000 heads, GKGG had 25,000. new york is a tough town to throw a massive....

peaz,

rob