Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Taking time off from College...

sweetie029

I took last semster off...& I enrolled for this semester but for some reason my head isn't into school STILL.....I want to take off another semester just to basically work & save up a decent amount of money I know for a fact I want to go back to school (when I'm ready) but if I take off AGAIN I'll be a year behind thus having to bust my ass even more to catch up....:confused::( This is STRESSINGGGG ME OUTTTTT.... Has anyone taken this amount of time off school & found when they went back they did better :confused:

I decided to take this semester off only because I felt that I need it a break..I got my A.A on Fine Arts and Performing Arts. I'm going back next semester to get my B.A in Advertising but sometimes I find myself asking if I did the right choice or not? Did you guys feel like this at first? That maybe you shouldnt have taken a break???:what::confused:

I suppose it's a good thing to take time off. Puts things in perspective and makes you realize how important school is. I thought that during my time off I would try to get a job related to my career interests. Sadly, upon reviewing the classifieds, I realized I need more schooling to do anything remotely related to my field. Back to school it is. I just hope I don't feel out of the loop when I get there. Good luck to all of you going back.

Originally posted by elementx

Personally I think taking off College to go to work is a bad move. People get so used to making the money at there job. They hesitate to go back to college. Be careful.

i know, but it wasnt by choice. i am not worried though, i know want to finish school, but i know what you are saying about the $$

Originally posted by elementx

Personally I think taking off College to go to work is a bad move. People get so used to making the money at there job. They hesitate to go back to college. Be careful.

I agree. I think if I stopped going I would never want to go back. I went straight through my 4 years of college, right into graduate school. I'm founding out now actually that, that was a good choice b/c the people who have been out of school for a while have a harder time in graduate school than the people who just graduated college last year