Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beware: Airline Bankruptcy

Due to the economy, a few airlines will be goin bankrupt, filin chapter 11. People flyin with American Airlines should check out their status cuz they're supposed to be goin under in 2weeks (not quite sure, but i have a friend who works in the airline biz) Other airlines included, from my knowledge, are Continental and United Airlines. I also heard that Delta might go under, which is a shocker, but i really hope not cuz that's what i'm flyin with..... but I don't think it'll happen within 2 months.... so just lettin ya'll know so u dont get stuck at the airport with no flight while you should be partyin it up in SoBe!

just because a company files for chapter 11, doesnt mean theyre going out of business. they can continue operating, but do so under more strict regulations and scrutiny.

my flight to/from MIA is on USAir and they declared bankruptcy last year.

First of all, the government will not allow an airline as big as American Airlines to shut down operations just because they filed Chapter 11. Chapter 11 is filing for bankruptcy and reorganizing operations to get out of the red. If the airline filed Chapter 7, we may have something to worry about but even then the gov't wouldn't allow an airline as big as American to file Chapter 7.

United filed Chapter 11 last fall and I still flew them over Christmas.

quit trying to start mass hysteria with this crap.

Yeah, what she said!

Everything will be OK, just breathe easy. You will make it to conference, you will get a hotel somewhere, you will go to the parties, you will get in (unless you're underage), and you will have a good time, and tell all the suckas at home what they are missing.

Yes it is true that when an airline files for Chapter 11 they can still function. However, if you guys have tickets on any airline that is in Chapter 11 you should be extrememly careful. Those airlines that have Chapter 11 protection can stop operations at any time without notice!! Everyone who would have tickets on that airline would have to fly standby on other airlines for a nominal fee. Flying standby during WMC is not a good idea.

National airlines just pulled this stunt recently. The had been filed for Chapter 11 protection for about 11 months. One week they announced they were coming out of Chapter 11 than 2 weeks later on a Wed. at 2am the stopped operating.

For your reference the only major airlines that have filed for Chapter 11 are United airlines and US air.

If you guys need any travel info or booking for conference. Look at the Great Hotel Rates for WMC thread by Famitours or contact us at any of the means below.

Thanks,

Famitours

www.famitours.com

or

Sales@Famitours.com

American has NOT filed for Chapter 11. Let's not start a rumor here. Amercian has only met with bankruptcy lawyers to try to reorganize the company. They have not filed for chapter 11. So all you guys who have airline tickets on American Airlines for conference, don't worry! When and if they file for chapter 11, than worry.