Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: DJ's Re: Shipping RECORDS *need urgent HELP!*

Ive had stuff sent to me from europe VIA Fed Ex and never had a problem!

I was also in spain 2 years ago and had stuff shipped to me there, again VIA Fed Ex and didn't have a problem! Just make sure the box is padded, well taped and labeled PHONOGRAPH RECORDS! Also make sure you get it insured (god forbid it gets lost)

Do it you wont have an problems!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Has anyone ever shipped their records overseas using something like FedEx or DHL??

Would you trust it, whether you tried yet or not?

Did they arrive in good condition if you did it?

How much did it cost?

Please help! I'm facing a huge dilemma right now!

shipping a single crate or records through fedex or dhl will cost you ridiculous amounts of money like probably $200....definitely no less than $150 per crate of say 70 or so records....mainly due to weight.

also check with the country your going for its customs laws.....many countries (although i dont think europe should be a major problem) you can't just ship something like that with no documentation...it'll be stuck in customs and they're gonna want to charge you import tax on it....you'll need to prove that it previously belonged to you and that you plan on bringing it back with you when you leave the country.

Originally posted by dr0ne

also check with the country your going for its customs laws.....many countries (although i dont think europe should be a major problem) you can't just ship something like that with no documentation...it'll be stuck in customs and they're gonna want to charge you import tax on it....you'll need to prove that it previously belonged to you and that you plan on bringing it back with you when you leave the country.

Thats definately not going to happen in europe.

Originally posted by crosspatrick

I meant to say once u include that little customs slip but thats no big deal. Are u in europe or are u talking about the states mattmo

No im talkin about the the states! Even if you have a customs form the United States Customs Dept can quarintiene anything, the took my computer that I bought in japan for 3 weeks and then asked me to either pick it up or arrange to have it shipped!

- I work for a courier company & i also deal a lot with fedex. you should not have a problem shipping with them as long as it is padded as the people before have told you.

pm me - i want to know the details, i can try to point you in the most economic & safe way to do it. i also have easy access to customs forms that you may need.

also anyone that ships overseas a lot, pm me i might be able to save you some loot depending on the situation.

Thanks everyone, and thanks Jersey - I'll be in touch :) Here's hoping this all works!

I think just in case I'll only bring the records I can replace and leave the ones that are limited editions, promos, white labels, etc. at home so even if something does happen i'll have less to cry over!

About those customs slips - what goes on them and you do eventually get the stuff, right? even if it's detained?