Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Next club closure....

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :mad:

What they've done is pretty clever. Shut down the two largest clubs, and then let the crowds destroy the others by

1. Piling into other spaces.

2. Fighting over attitudes, etc.

3. Fighting over drugs and "territory"

Just go and have a good time people! If you are going to use drugs, use them "wisely", don't get carried out by anyone and bring more attention to an already jeopardized venue. I'd like to think we can all get along and enjoy good music in a space together without the bullshit. Let's see if we can, because right now we haven't a CHOICE.

Originally posted by sheendawg

What they've done is pretty clever. Shut down the two largest clubs, and then let the crowds destroy the others by

1. Piling into other spaces.

2. Fighting over attitudes, etc.

3. Fighting over drugs and "territory"

Just go and have a good time people! If you are going to use drugs, use them "wisely", don't get carried out by anyone and bring more attention to an already jeopardized venue. I'd like to think we can all get along and enjoy good music in a space together without the bullshit. Let's see if we can, because right now we haven't a CHOICE.

After Tunnel and Twilo got shut down people didnt learn any lessons.....And those 2 clubs had alot more impact on the city's clubscene than Exit or SF....So I highly doubt that what happened last night will affect people in any way....

well a club doesnt get shut down overnite

all the clubs had long investigations prior

i dont think vinyl has had any

but then again i could be wrong??

who says people are going to flock to one club??

they are going to disperse to smaller lounges and clubs, thats my take on it

or maybe people will pick up hobbies

or read a book??

just maybe people do other things besides clubbing?

Arc, without a doubt , is next on the city's hit list...

I hate when people blame the city and Bloomberg for the shutting down of Exit & SF. Do you really think their closings are some sort of vast right-wing conspiracy? If it wasnt for the blatant and rampant drug use, the city wouldnt give two shits about them--after all, they do contribute to the city's tax base.

The only one to blame are the people, owners, and promoters who let this behavior get out of hand. Can you blame the NYPD for what they do when people are getting carried out on strethcers over-dosing on G?

Honestly, I couldnt give two shits that they're closed. Clubs ARE NOT a way of life(at least for me). Granted, they provide an escape from the grind, but there is more to life than a few buildings with music. Life goes on, and the world turns. Maybe the people that contributed to the club's closing will look at what they did and realize they're destroying not only themselves,but a way of life for so many people..

look, clubs are a dime a dozen. you shut one down, another opens. I certainly will not lose any sleep over it.;)

Originally posted by avalondon3

Arc, without a doubt , is next on the city's hit list...

I hate when people blame the city and Bloomberg for the shutting down of Exit & SF. Do you really think their closings are some sort of vast right-wing conspiracy? If it wasnt for the blatant and rampant drug use, the city wouldnt give two shits about them--after all, they do contribute to the city's tax base.

The only one to blame are the people, owners, and promoters who let this behavior get out of hand. Can you blame the NYPD for what they do when people are getting carried out on strethcers over-dosing on G?

Honestly, I couldnt give two shits that they're closed. Clubs ARE NOT a way of life(at least for me). Granted, they provide an escape from the grind, but there is more to life than a few buildings with music. Life goes on, and the world turns. Maybe the people that contributed to the club's closing will look at what they did and realize they're destroying not only themselves,but a way of life for so many people..

look, clubs are a dime a dozen. you shut one down, another opens. I certainly will not lose any sleep over it.;)

bravo

exactly how i feel

couldnt have put it any better

:clap:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

I have ONE thing to SAY....

If you are going to "LOVE SHACK @ ARC" tonight...pleeeease DONT bring anything illegal inside with you.... someone told me that the place MIGHT get raided tonight... Lets not give them a REASON to close this club down

See ya tonight :D

If they're getting raided, I would say its a safe bet that they're next.

however, if not, im sure security will be extra,and I mean extraaaaaaa tight. Im almost positve that they dont want to have one fuck up ruin it for the whole club.

Security has always been rather tight there which is a good thing now - probably saved it in the meantime! I always come from work with my messenger bag full of books and the chick looks at me like I'm crazy. :laugh:

just beat her with the bag

that'll teach her not to look at you funny

;)

Heers a thought.

Lets all through a big rave right in front of the Midtown police station... get mangled and Roll face with bloomberg and his buddies. Then thell have to shut it down also .....

I dont think they will shut down arc. My friend is a narcotics cop who worked in exit/sf/roxy. They were building up a big case to close them down. There were hundreds of arrest that led to this over a course of 3 years. Arc's party is still pretty fresh and considering Saturdays are clean and for the most part drugs arn't blatent I believe arc will be fine. I did speak to a co worker at arc tonight and I was told that SEcurity will be extra EXTRA tight. Nothing is getting in. Please for the sake of arc dont bring shit to the club tonight. The place is all we have left. There is alot of potentiel and the party is growing. please Lets keep this one around for a while :(

Originally posted by avalondon3

wow....very well said, luv!