Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how was ARC last night?

not sure i saw the flyer...if it was that giant white record jacket sized thing I thought it was too big and i couldn't possibly be bothered carrying it home.

ARC was OK - not crowded. Juan Atkins was disappointing to me and everyone I know. He dropped some great techno for the first hour but then sorta devolved into (IMO) some mediocre house and didn't really seem to have much direction. He spun for LESS THEN TWO HOURS!!! :(

Heather Heart actually came out nice and hard and I had a better time dancing to her until around 4:30 when she started in with some crappy pop / freestyle stuff.

All in all about 1.5 hours of great shit with a lot of mediocre mixed in.

I had a good time last night, didn't dance much because I was tired but I had fun watching the crowd. It wasn't as crowded as people thought it was gonna be, and the music was decent, though it did change up a lot.

Got to meet Drone, who came up and put his arm around me like I was supposed to know him! :laugh: I'm pretty easy to identify. I was worried that I'd met him before and just forgot - memory goes sometimes LOL. Thanks for the love, man! Saw Rob and heard Lavender Menace was there but didn't get to meet her. I may check out Tronic tomorrow night, and you guys would love Halo on Wednesday if you wanna hear some good techno.

i liked juan atkins entire set... even when he got a little cheese (tho sometimes i had to go to the other room for variety). heather heart started off hot as hell... and then at around 4:30 the place completely emptied out as she started playing some terrible crap... i couldn't believe how bad it was - it was an absolute shock that someone thought that these tracks were good enough to be pressed to vinyl. my guess is that she wanted to go home or something... but then the unmestakable mark of the factory head (the boob job) started showing up in droves and heart didn't do anything to make her set even slightly more entertaining for a renewed crowd. i feel bad for the people that paid $25 to get in at the end...

in all i agree with barvybe's opinion - good shit that had me dancing like a maniac, but you had to wade through a lot of crap to get there.

oh and the highlight of the night: seeing one of my students @ arc was a trip and a half :)

peaz,

rob

I had a good time...I arrived VERY late around 3:30am becuz my lovely DrFlow decided to take a 3 hour nap :mad: ...So I missed Juan Atkins, but heard that I didnt miss much....Heather was very very good...towards the end started playing some old school freestyle electro breaks....I enjoyed it, but needed a break from it after like an hour of it... the D & B room as cool....The DJ after Heather (not sure who it was) he was GREAT! he dropped the Dave Clarke Track "Wolf" and I WAS LOOOViNGGGG IT!!!

...Not that many people were there...the crowd was eh :confused: I thought for a second I was @ Exit or Centro-fly & I nearly passed out... :blank:

I definetely expected a bigger turnout...oh well...Well at least I got to see my CPeeps which made me very HappY :D

and Justin....Your flyer was NOT Present....actually NO "Party" Flyers were present...only "arc" flyers... :blank:

Originally posted by sheendawg

I'm pretty easy to identify. I was worried that I'd met him before and just forgot - memory goes sometimes LOL. Thanks for the love, man! .

I thought I seen you, but I didnt think it was you. I didnt think you would of been there after going to Danny the night before. Were u by yourself?

Glow girl I seen you for like a minute when I was leaving around 5. We were going to wait til Heater was over to c who was spinning next, BUT the music was really bad. I was getting tired of both rooms.

Does anyone know who spun before Juan Aktins? I think he was the best DJ I heard all night. Juan was a big dissapointment, Heater started off OK, but then turned to cheese. The arcade was ok, I can only l.isten to jungle for so long.

Something funny Iseen, The bouncers were kicking people out for doing drugs, but there were a whole group of kids smoking a dippy right in front of the bouncers. The smell was every where. I was tryin to find my bouncer friend to let him know but by the time I got him they were done with it.

I saw the GraNd theft Audio flyer, I got one when I left I like the location, heard alot of good things about it. The line-up is ok ( not really to my liking but who am I?) U do have a few of my friends on there spinning. I like the concept and the flyer for the party, GOOD LUCK with it.

MY biggest question is When will VINYL (Arc) have someone there besides Danny who I like and want to go and see?

Glowgirl I tried I really did? Oh well

Originally posted by housedog

Remember you told me to go that it should be fun. I was all worried about the music not being good?

Did you go to Tronic last night? The weather made me miss it.

How was it?

ahhh...yeah I remember... ;) You didnt like the beginning of the Heather's set? I thought it was good....the Dj after her was good...

Tronic was very good...Thomas Krome was very good....he has some REALLY HOT records! some of his blends were....eh :worry::nono::what: ....but his track selection was GREAT!

The lighting in the Sullivan room is WAY TOO FREAKIn BRiGHT! and the Music has to be LOUDER & they need to get rid of @ least 20 Sofas in there... SOfas on the dancefloor is a :nono: