Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will my CARTRIDGES make it thru airport security?

Much of the following was obtained from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). They have quite an informative website @ www.TSATravelTips.us

When travelling:

DO

Leave all checked bags unlocked in case a TSA search of the bag is required.

Use zip ties or cables instead of locking checked bags.

Some airports provide free tamper-evident seals.

Place personal items in clear plastic bags for easy identification.

Pack all sharp objects such as scissors and pocketknives in check baggage only

DO NOT

Pack food items in checked baggage as they can set off false alarms.

Stack books in a pile in checked baggage - spread them out.

Pack film in checked baggage - Explosive detection machines will damage film.

Soon the TSA will require passengers at all US airports to obtain boarding passes prior to clearing the terminal security checkpoint. Travelers can check the TSA website for a current list of airports requireing boarding passes.

Most major airlines have developed and implemented online check-in. US Air is the latest airline to do so. Check-in is available from 6 hours up to 90 minutes prior to flight departure. Please check with your respective carrier's website for more information.

i was flying around a lot last year and the only thing i found about airport security is that every airport is enforcing a different policy and it changes every week. a total irritation..

but on the other hand, you should have seen some of the whacky shit i have taken on carry on post - sept-11.

Just for the record....Aly should be concerned...last year was the worst year I have yet to witness in terms of lost luggage and lost items during over seas travel. My advice this year to many has been to either pack your valuables in your carry-on or ship them in advance - with insurance....it usually wont happen this time of the year and it does pertain to specific airlines...but in the summer, when millions of tourists are coming through, you can be sure that you're being targeted....so proceed with caution...

Originally posted by phatman

Just for the record....Aly should be concerned...last year was the worst year I have yet to witness in terms of lost luggage and lost items during over seas travel. My advice this year to many has been to either pack your valuables in your carry-on or ship them in advance - with insurance....it usually wont happen this time of the year and it does pertain to specific airlines...but in the summer, when millions of tourists are coming through, you can be sure that you're being targeted....so proceed with caution...

Aw jeez :( How is Air France with that kind of thing? Esp cause I have to change planes at De Gaulle... i'm scared to lose things!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I was just thinkin' about that... I'd hate to have to pack them in my regular suitcase, but will they make it through JFK airport security alright if I put them in my carry-on with my laptop?

i suggest put them in ur carry on and put them in that metal box that they come in...if not..put them in ur flight cases with ur vinyl and lock them shits tight...i mean just explain to them what it is..i dont think they will give u hell over it....but then again u never know....how about a demo cd for the advice i just gave u?;):tongue:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Aw jeez :( How is Air France with that kind of thing? Esp cause I have to change planes at De Gaulle... i'm scared to lose things!

...you should be fine...as i said, it's more the summer you have to worry about...Air France is credible...the only thing you'll really have to worry about is spending all your money at the shops in the Paris airport...great shopping there...

...if you're that concerned Aly, pack them in your carry on and just make sure you go early in case something does happen...