Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rick Corbo at websterhall was banging!

After 4months of going to other clubs in nyc because of rick not being at websterhall ive been stuck goign to places that were always lacking something, whether it was BAD MUSIC, ANNOYING CROWD, POSERS, NOT ENOUGHPEOPLE DANCING, SPIKEY HAIR GUYS ALL DANCING THE SAME. PEOPLE OBSESS WITH GLOWSTICKS. TO UPIGHT. : ROXY(FRI),CENTROFLY(THURS),SPA(SAT),CHINACLUB(SAT),LOT61(THRS,FI)SUITE16(FRI,SAT,) SACI (SAT). All those clubs suffered from one or many of these things the only DIAMOND in the clubworld was ARC on FRI night SAT mornins with DANNY TENAGLIA. That place needs no descriptions. Anway RICK CORBO made his return to websterhall on sat night feb8th and he played a killa set for 7 1/2 hrs. The place was pumping the whole night, met a few factory heads their who were supised he was that good. Even the crowd was a bt more different tha usual, RICKS crowd is back and some new peopel from exit and factory. All night long it was hit after hit, dont know how many people kept going up to him and giving him props and asking for names of songs he played. It was a great night. There were still peopldancing at 530am and RICK wanted to keep spinning but management told him to stop. He wouldve kept going and if thier were more peopel their forget party wouldve lasted till 8am. I know WEBSTERHALL has a bad reputation onthese boards,especoally from the peopel who tried to apply for work thier but got turned down, thats ok no need to hate. Now that factory and exit are gone why not go over to a place that can hold a lot of people with awesome TRIBAL, HARD, TECHNO, PROGRESSIVE house, i always hear people complain its a tourist trap, well the more club people go and take over the place the ls tourist will fit. And believe me DANNY TENAGLIA is RICKS idol and his style is one to make danny proud. Come ceck him out one sat and then see for yourself. If you think hes garbage after you hear him and see te crowd then oh well, nothign to lose. But if you love it thier on sats, then you just found a ne place to partyon sat nights while factory and exit are closed.

Actually it was like any other nite at Webster Hall. The place was redecorated and looked very cool. Security was very proffesional and polite (as always). Dj Avery was doing the same thing he always does, pop in a cd with 80's and occasionaly raise his hands. Its funny that whenever i go into the marlin room the SAME songs play in the same manner. He doesn't even bother changin the format....cause nobody ever returns :laugh: The Main room other hand was typical corbo. Empty, hard, loud beats, some vocals and almost no melody. Thats is his style and there is a reason why he is still at webster hall. His music is not attractive, its good for commertial crowd to get out once in a while and say that they have been to a "club".

yep, in spirit i agree with your post, its like the olive garden of clubs, and the corbo DJ is like an olive garden chef. no spice, no sauce, no juice nor originallity, unenjoyable mush just like olive garden, its still amazes me, he got his job back,but like you said, he's a good match for that club, poor club, poor dj- rock on

hmmmmmmm how do i respond to you guys. The place was packed after 1am ad stood tha way until closing last night the 15th. All the factory heads i met were impressed and amazed. I wonder if i bumped into ya as well? DJ avery i haveno comment on. BUT what are you a trance fan. Cause RICK dont play that nonsense.

I can't figure out why everyone is so Negative about Webster Hall.

I personally was never there before always at factory or exit like the rest of us. So I decided to check it out. I must say that I am now convinced all the people who say negative things about Webster Hall have either never been there or they promote for other clubs. First of all the crowd is mixed but I think that is a good thing. The Woman were beautiful. So what if there are tourists there from Europe. European countries are miles ahead of us when it comes to dance music. Have you ever seen packs of Swedish woman at other clubs?Ricky Corbo doesn't look like Danny Tenaglia but if you close your eyes it sounds like Danny. I was not there necessarily for the music but to check it out. I must also say that they have a VIP room with the most unbelievable 3d artwork I have ever seen. It is like statues that are built into the walls. The club is huge with like 5 different atmosphere's. They are very strict on security but that made me feel safe and also like this club will be around for a long time.

So I must say I will return to check out some of the other DJ's that this club has to offer. One more thing; there is a reason this club is the only club to not have promoters It does not need to IT WAS PACKED.

Hell i always say that all the haters of websterhall, are DJS who couldnt get a job thier or former promoters or wannabe promoter who are 18. Does RICK spin lke tenaglia. Better believe it. DANNY is his idol and friend. But of course he also ha his style a well. The crowd i have t admit is changing a bit now, where as b4 it wa like 80 % tourist and 20% clubheads. NOw its more like 60% and 40% clubheads. Rick is a no TRANCE dj maybe like1 trance song the whole night. Maybe this ads to the hatin.

Originally posted by magoo7d

I can't figure out why everyone is so Negative about Webster Hall.

I personally was never there before always at factory or exit like the rest of us. So I decided to check it out. I must say that I am now convinced all the people who say negative things about Webster Hall have either never been there or they promote for other clubs. First of all the crowd is mixed but I think that is a good thing. The Woman were beautiful. So what if there are tourists there from Europe. European countries are miles ahead of us when it comes to dance music. Have you ever seen packs of Swedish woman at other clubs?Ricky Corbo doesn't look like Danny Tenaglia but if you close your eyes it sounds like Danny. I was not there necessarily for the music but to check it out. I must also say that they have a VIP room with the most unbelievable 3d artwork I have ever seen. It is like statues that are built into the walls. The club is huge with like 5 different atmosphere's. They are very strict on security but that made me feel safe and also like this club will be around for a long time.

So I must say I will return to check out some of the other DJ's that this club has to offer. One more thing; there is a reason this club is the only club to not have promoters It does not need to IT WAS PACKED.

lets see, i can't imagine how u could possibly say anything else for you probably a promoter there, come on buddy one post and registered in 2003? :confused:

Originally posted by silverbull

Hell i always say that all the haters of websterhall, are DJS who couldnt get a job thier or former promoters or wannabe promoter who are 18. Does RICK spin lke tenaglia. Better believe it. DANNY is his idol and friend. But of course he also ha his style a well. The crowd i have t admit is changing a bit now, where as b4 it wa like 80 % tourist and 20% clubheads. NOw its more like 60% and 40% clubheads. Rick is a no TRANCE dj maybe like1 trance song the whole night. Maybe this ads to the hatin.

There is no "hatin", just the truth. Rick is a good guy and nobody said that his music sucks. Its just...not interesting...but then again i am sure he likes it that way, and so do people who go there.