Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Literature

sloppy

Disco Bloodbath by James St. James (I'm pretty sure that's his name.) I haven't read it yet, but want to - story about Michael Alig, the notorious party promoter in NYC who killed his drug dealer during an ecstacy, coke, heroin, etc. binge. He was a club kid that got dressed up in crazy costumes and wore all kinds of makeup. The book is written by one of his fellow club kids and gets into the gay, crazy party/drug scene that was NYC during the late 80's and early 90's at Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, etc. Should be a pretty good book (and then you can check out the movie, Party Monster when it comes out.)

I just finished it, it's an awesome read! It's written in the voice of a jaded old queen. The structure is excellent, it resembles a high: it starts out in a whirlwind of glitz and glamour, so that even when he describes the murder it doesn't seem so bad. As the book wears on reality begins to set in and the crash commences. Definitely check it out!

My company is publishing a book in June called Clubland by Frank Owen (who used to work at the Voice, and is a minor character in Disco Bloodbath). It deals with the same general time frame and some of the same people. I'm really looking forward to it, It should be really good!

Originally posted by tastyt

I just finished it, it's an awesome read! It's written in the voice of a jaded old queen. The structure is excellent, it resembles a high: it starts out in a whirlwind of glitz and glamour, so that even when he describes the murder it doesn't seem so bad. As the book wears on reality begins to set in and the crash commences. Definitely check it out!

synopsis sounds interesting... sounds like something to add to the list :aright: