Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Greetings from Italia...

...I should have studied in London :(

At least the record store is only two blocks from my house and the guy there speaks english... but good tracks are hard to find.

Looks like I will be spinning breaks by the time I get home cause it's the only tracks they have here that are worth buying - i'm presently really amused by a track called "If assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

Everyone send me love - i'm lonely over here and I got tricked - Italian guys are all busted looking!!! :mad:

The ladies are stunning though,i could have sat in the centre of Milan bird watching all day when i went :laugh:

I hope you aren't regretting it already though Aly,everytime anyone i've ever met has gone away ie to uni etc etc they initially hated it but then end up loving it. :) On the other hand London would have been 10 times better:tongue: :laugh:

Originally posted by starshaped

The ladies are stunning though

Totally. I fit right in :aright:

zz - I will be around here somewhere - I cant afford any of the shoes tho lolol i am brizzoke

the one hottie i saw yesterday turned out to be croatian (where did smokesum go, he should be all over this thread soon)

oh and the clubs here are SHITTTTTT holy crap, they need me to do some SERIOUS helping out and fixing around here! :jawdrop:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

...I should have studied in London :(

At least the record store is only two blocks from my house and the guy there speaks english... but good tracks are hard to find.

Looks like I will be spinning breaks by the time I get home cause it's the only tracks they have here that are worth buying - i'm presently really amused by a track called "If assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

Everyone send me love - i'm lonely over here and I got tricked - Italian guys are all busted looking!!! :mad:

Non sono buono con l'italiano, lei ciò dovrebbe sapere, sono migliore con lo spagnolo

non ma lei va a Italia per l'educazione per continuare l'angolo di strada;)

ma lo manco e lei si occupa di te stesso lí. ......and quando lei ritorna eseguiremo all fat ahem did i say nation like idiots

:D

ha indossato prendere spaventato da tutti il rotto che i guardando italiani che il brits attende lei mio caro

molto amore dal retro

mwah

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

Non sono buono con l'italiano, lei ciò dovrebbe sapere, sono migliore con lo spagnolo

non ma lei va a Italia per l'educazione per continuare l'angolo di strada;)

ma lo manco e lei si occupa di te stesso lí. ......and quando lei ritorna eseguiremo all fat ahem did i say nation like idiots

ha indossato prendere spaventato da tutti il rotto che i guardando italiani che il brits attende lei mio caro

molto amore dal retro

mwah

CD

Come sempre a me piacciono gli inglesi... ma sfortunatamente, devo aspettare un po prima di vederli! Ma quando andro' a londra.. ;)

Spero che tu sia qui per uscire con me alle discoteche cattive, con tutti i uomini brutti... hahaha

Il mio angolo qui e' buono ma preferisco l'angolo dove abbiamo lavorato insieme a DC - questa citta' qui sembra simile a nord-est DC ma preferisco sempre il sud-est! hahahhaa

Ti amo, HEWAAAAA

;)

I was supposed to go to Italy too this year, but can't make it.

Florence ain't that bad, you just need to find the right type of places that fit you. What type of Electronic/Dance music are you into?

Florence is home to one of italy's premiere Techno clubs - Jaiss , where Mauro Picotto and the BXR crew tend to spin a lot at.

There's also a good House club called Tenax. If you go to the events section you'll see they've got X-Press 2, Cassius, Theirvery Corporation, Peace Division, and others are scheduled to make an appearance:

http://www.tenax.org/tenax_events.htm

It's no secret a lot of the clubs in Italy still play a very mainstream Italo-Euro sound. Been that way for close to 25 years now. Most Italians don't speak English and have an easy time relating to simple, catchy lyrics and melodies.

The other big trends are American House (including Funky, Jazzy, and Tribal House), Hardstyle (mainly big in Holland and Italy), and then there's the big Tech-Trance movement.

Progressive House of the Global Underground and Balance Promote type is pretty rare as far as I know. I don't think guys like Sasha and Nick Warren get to come out to Italy much(if at all). You're more likely to see guys like David Morales in Italy.

Florence is close to a lot of other cities, so start looking into what other good clubs and record stores are found in northern Italy.

Oh, and there are some pretty cool radio stations out there too like Italia Network and M2O.

http://www.italianetwork.it/general.php

http://www.m2o.it/

Who knows, maybe you'll like some of the weekend shows that air on those stations. Here's the complete radio dial for your city:

http://space.virgilio.it/frequenzeradio@virgilio.it/fi.htm

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by vixengirly

hey foxxy, yep...im still drivin my VIXEN mobile.... lol mitsubishi mirage actually....is there ne club i should definetly check out??

Well not around here but the one CHRles suggested, Tenax, I have heard good things about - by the coast where you are supposed to go maybe it will be better!

Thanks CHRles - I am going to try to hit up Tenax tomorrow and drop off some demo CD's around there!

Originally posted by sheendawg

Hey Vix!!! :D

I'm sorry I missed your party at Float, I was home in bed all weekend! How are you doing? You're so lucky to be able to travel, though I can't believe there are ugly dudes in Italy! The fine ones must all be here in NY!! *drool* LOL

Hahahaha update! I found one! The bouncer at the club where I work the door & DJ is a total cutie - and he is a soccer player for the Florence team - ooooooooh :drool:

Starshaped - Im gonna smack u :tongue: Besides, you know you LOVE visage and karisma, whereas I have no affinity for Yab and the like whatsoever... so nyah!

Originally posted by starshaped

Hi Aly:D

You can say what you want but you have no good clubs within a 100 mile radius for 6 months:laugh:

Careful what you say! Or else I might just transfer and move in with YOU for the remaining 5 so I don't die of boredom here! :nono:

(you know it would be the best thing to happen to you anyway) :rolleyes: