Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Beach DJ's Need To Be Replaced

partygirl2

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vaughanz

I've said it once... and I'll say it again....

House & Deep House is where there's SOUL!!!! Something with vocals that has some meaning... some purpose of being!!!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

what ever deep house is and pure house they suck compared to PROGRESSIVE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with vox of course...

Ive been to Miami nightclubs.Power 96 is not a bad station thog but they dont know howto spin house music.Wmc a bunch of NYc dj coming dwon and statio in ny called ktu beat of ny the number one dance station in america will be in wmc broadcasting live.They did it last year.Ktu plays comercial msuic.Most of the dj Ktu have they worked the nightclubs,remixer before ktu came on the air in 1996.Ktu had Dj like amand van heleden,David Morales,Jvicious,Dj Boris,Denny testtos,eddie baez,Baby hec romero,hex hector.Todd Terry,tiesto,sasha and digweed and paul okenfold they spin a two hour set of mxing for ktu every fri and sat night.Nyc nypd shut dwon exit and Sf closed buy a judge.Nypd did investigation and undercover work and find out those two clubs where selling extacy.They shut down to further notice.Mayor blomberg is letting 10 brand new nightclubs opening this spring till the end of the new year.Exit and sf is old school nightclubs that thinks they can sell drugs or have people used drugs.Thoe two clubs did not learn ther lesson when guliani shut dwon twilo and tunnel.The tunnel will never reopned at all.Twilo up in the air.The rumor space maimi but the spot and crobar miami going to open crobar ny near tunnel or across from the old twilo.stay tuned.Limelight is called estate its going to reopend again.Its been renovated but the owners dont know how to promoe the club and get nyc talented djIt will reopned.The lougue called ohms is being renovate its going to reopend and called deep.New club caled capital ithink is opening soon,Nyc lost 4 clubs but dont worry 10 brand new clubs is going to revolutionized the nyc nightclubs.Cause nyc is still the party capital and it brings alot of money for the city so dont worry sf and exit will reopned maybe by diferent owners who know how to run clubs like maimi clubs.

Again, it seems like this person specifically established an account just to slag on our local DJs. They don't get enough respect as it is, the last thing they need is some amateur who probably can't even spell the word mixer dumping on them.

There's plenty of locals out there who are good, just give them a chance and stop trying to demand their immediate lynching and replacement with DJ so and so from New York.

Originally posted by partygirl2

David Padilla, George Acosta......... you gotta be kidding me

Other than Michael Storms, Padilla has got to be the worst DJ on the Beach

well...other than Saleen, you have got to be the worst cp'er on this board..but you dont see ME saying anything :tongue:

c3

BTW- my list wasnt exactly who i prefer..but if you look at that last you will notice that each dj did their part in making the scene what it is...whether they are good now or not..you cannot dismiss the fact that in their prime they not only had a strong following, but made their mark on our scene as well.

and if you dont think Acosta is good..thats fine..but you should have been there for Spin's Touched release party...i dont think ive ever seen any one place hyped up like that before in my life. vibe was extraordinairy.:hat:

Spacecadet, let her have her say about Acosta or Padilla. She probably hates Trance anyways. Padilla was spinning MUSIC (Dance, House, Trance, etc.) since before she was born. Let's see what kind of passion for electronic music she'll have in 3 to 5 years from now.

It's obvious Padilla's loved music and djing through the good and the not so good times. He's played a lot of records before most of Miami or the rest of the country caught onto them. It's just that he knows how to play records that connect with a big room crowd.

I'm sure she'd also have no problem doing marathon sets right? After all, she has the energy, the passion, and the experience to read the crowd all night long doesn't she?

As for the whole Oscar bashing, it's trendy to bash someone who's making a good name for himself. What do you expect? The guys name is getting bigger by the day, and his productions seem to fare too well for some who just aren't as successful as he is.

The girl doesn't know what a real crappy DJ is, she's spoiled with the SoBe scene. Tell her to head out to some other parts of Florida, or some of the other cities across the US.

She also has the choice to go to Ft. Lauderdale or Coconut Grove, or even West Palm if she wants to hear some new DJs and up and comers. Nobody's forcing her to go clubbing in SoBe, and I'm sure the promoters won't be shedding any tears over her. The clubs in Miami have their pulse on the towns clubbers in general, and they know when they can get away with introducing the crowd to new faces and talent.

If you wanna make a name for yourself in South Beach, either start out at one of the smaller clubs/rooms, as well as start some nights in other cities/regions, and work on some original production.

i think one of the biggest problems on this board is the thine line we have created between a dj lacking talent/technical skills/vibe/energy, and a dj not catering to our PERSONAL taste.....

for instance, i cant stand george acosta, his music, his approch to the crowd etc..... but i would NEVER say that he sucks as a dj... The man virtually blew up the trance scene, has toured around the world, and has a devoted following, making him the best dj in the world to certain people!

But honestly, id rather hang out in the hip hop room....:laugh: no offense trance fans;)

Originally posted by spacecadet888

well...other than Saleen, you have got to be the worst cp'er on this board..but you dont see ME saying anything :tongue:

c3

BTW- my list wasnt exactly who i prefer..but if you look at that last you will notice that each dj did their part in making the scene what it is...whether they are good now or not..you cannot dismiss the fact that in their prime they not only had a strong following, but made their mark on our scene as well.

and if you dont think Acosta is good..thats fine..but you should have been there for Spin's Touched release party...i dont think ive ever seen any one place hyped up like that before in my life. vibe was extraordinairy.:hat:

It's not a matter of being the worst cp'er. I'm not trying to bash everyone. I am giving my opinion about some DJ's on the beach that I have listened to, and met.

Djs like Edgar V whom I have heard spin and have met should get more "Spin time". I can honestly say that Edgar is one of THE coolest DJ'S I've met. The guy can spin and at the same time doesn't have the attitude that some of these DJ's who think are good have.

Roland is another DJ who can play and is cool as shit. The guy is down to earth.

Somebody like M.Storms thinks he is all that and I have heard him play, and in my opinion I think he is no good. Padilla is another guy who thinks he is all that but sucks.

I've seen on some of the other posts listed here on Clubplanet that Ivano bellini is killing the scene at Space. All it is is what people think is going on with the scene. Bottom line is I LOVE GREAT MUSIC AND AWESOME DJ'S. And if you are a true clubber that is what it's all about.

Originally posted by CHRles

Padilla's loved music and djing through the good and the not so good times. He's played a lot of records before most of Miami or the rest of the country caught onto them. It's just that he knows how to play records that connect with a big room crowd.

I'm sure she'd also have no problem doing marathon sets right? After all, she has the energy, the passion, and the experience to read the crowd all night long doesn't she?

As for the whole Oscar bashing, it's trendy to bash someone who's making a good name for himself. What do you expect? The guys name is getting bigger by the day, and his productions seem to fare too well for some who just aren't as successful as he is.

I went to two months and two weeks ago.

TWO MONTHS AGO- good amount of people, there was a guy spinning before Acosta, don't know who he was, but he was rockin. Didn't stay around long enough for Acosta.

TWO WEEKS AGO- there werent more than 150 people on the main floorand the guy was playing a progressive trance track and went to Dark Beat, original mix, I know he had to play something that people love because he ad lost them, but he should have at leats played the South Side Remix, which is a little harder and would have gone better with the flow. You may think that I am some Chick who doesn't know much about music, but I know what a Good groove is.

As for Oscar, I am not bashing him, He is one of the best DJ's on the beach, all I was saying is sometimes there was no grrove at Space, not always, plus the guy has som awsome productions, ever since he and Ralph were producing as "Liberty City"

People come to Miami, go around the block a couple of times...and bim-bara-boom! They know everything about the local djs and clubs and what it should be done. George Acosta and David Padilla need no defense against the criticisism of ignorant square minded new-comers...these guys have been around since before the scene began and singlehandedly helped build it from the floor up...fact is, they're still around kicking ass...it gets kinda boring and a little confusing to have to repeat the same mumbo-jumbo everytime somebody has the nerve to disrespect our local legends...but, is obvious, as noted by some in this thread that the criticisism has no basis and it comes from starving "djs" who think this is a good way to open way for their talent...all I can say is that the best way to kick off a career in any field is to be respectful of those who started it, be low key, watch and learn...and bim-bara-boom! They know everything about the local djs and clubs and what it should be done, George Acosta and David Padilla need no defense against the criticisism of ignorant square minded new-comers...these guys have been around since before the scene began and singlehandedly helped build it from the floor up...fact is, they're still around kicking ass...it gets kinda boring and a little confusing to have to repeat the same mumbo-jumbo everytime somebody has the nerve to disrespect our local legends...but, is obvious, as noted by some in this thread that the criticisism has no basis and it comes from starving "djs" who think this is a good way to open way for their talent...all I can say is that the best way to kick off a career in any field is to be respectful of those who started it, be low key, watch and learn...and bim-bara-boom! They know everything about the local djs and clubs and what it should be done. George Acosta and David Padilla need no defense against the criticisism of ignorant square minded new-comers...these guys have been around since before the scene began and singlehandedly helped build it from the floor up...fact is, they're still around kicking ass...it gets kinda boring and a little confusing to have to repeat the same mumbo-jumbo everytime somebody has the nerve to disrespect our local legends...but, is obvious, as noted by some in this thread that the criticisism has no basis and it comes from starving "djs" who think this is a good way to open way for their talent...all I can say is that the best way to kick off a career in any field is to be respectful of those who started it, be low key, watch and learn.

:laugh:

Originally posted by partygirl2

I went to two months and two weeks ago.

TWO MONTHS AGO- good amount of people, there was a guy spinning before Acosta, don't know who he was, but he was rockin. Didn't stay around long enough for Acosta.

TWO WEEKS AGO- there werent more than 150 people on the main floorand the guy was playing a progressive trance track and went to Dark Beat, original mix, I know he had to play something that people love because he ad lost them, but he should have at leats played the South Side Remix, which is a little harder and would have gone better with the flow. You may think that I am some Chick who doesn't know much about music, but I know what a Good groove is.

As for Oscar, I am not bashing him, He is one of the best DJ's on the beach, all I was saying is sometimes there was no grrove at Space, not always, plus the guy has som awsome productions, ever since he and Ralph were producing as "Liberty City"

The Club I was talking about is Level and Padilla was spinning.

Unfortunately for Padilla..and many dj's that go there..Level..although a beutiful venue, is one of the few places alot of big name dj's do horrible in..i remmeber hearing about Acosta spinning there and the people couldnt stand him on this board...but when he switched to spin..its like the "Level" style stayed at Level..and Acosta brought the Darkness and Vibe back to spin..however...Padilla i have heard is suffering a similar fate in Level..but..i have not gone to see him therefore i cannot be 100% sure of that..I saw Padilla go against Edgar @ Space last year when Friday Nights were still up and running thru Dee Martinelli and Bassline...and they both tore it up...

:rolleyes: funny how people rant and rave about having dj's replaced when they havent even been to clubs out of state...id say look for a particular genre of music u enjoy....and just find a great venue for it...thats about it... :cool:

In her defense, she does seem to have a good taste in music and DJs. She's also right - Level has hardly been packed in recent weeks, I've had a chance to see it for myself. It's not so much b/c of Padilla (his track selection was great) as much as it is the clubs fault. Sometimes the venue is not at fault either. Space tried to resurrect their Friday nights with Edgar V. in the past year, and ran into a lot of problems. Fortunately for Edgar, a lot of people notice his talent and have tried booking him at other venues. He's proven himself as someone who's worth investing in.

Roland is another favorite with the people on this board, and it's nice to see him and someone like Ariel Baund build their own followings in the scene.

DJs with an attitude is a different story, and not exactly something new. Junior Vasquez is an excellent DJ, but everyone knows he can be very moody at times. I'm sure a lot of people on this board have heard about some of Keoki's "legendary" fucked up on drugs nights where he'd crash on the decks. Or how about Paul Oakenfold truly acting like a rock star at times, showing up late for gigs, or cutting them short. It doesn't make them truly bad DJs. Even Sasha's somewhat known for having drug problems.

In the end, Sasha's mixes are flawless and draw a quality crowd, Oakie still draws a huge fanbase and can still reach an audience that may not usually be open minded to hear certain styles of music, and Junior can be both flawless on decks and very versatile in terms of track selection. Keoki despite his flaws can still produce some good tunes, his track selection can be interesting, and he was a pioneer in the New York rave scene.