Clubplanet Nightlife Community

long distance relationships

nayohmee

i guess u can consider mine a ldr... we live an hour and 15 min apart.... we cant see each other whenever we want to and we're limited to certain days of the week to see each other... but the only horror stories i can think of is when it took him 5 hours to get to my house :( id say traffic is the worst of it all...... we have a great relationship and the distance is close enough so we can still see each other a few times a week and not far enough to cause problems. not much effort had to be put into this relationship to begin with... it just came naturally and still does.. IMO- to make a ldr work, u both have to be willing to travel to and from... and accept the days that ur apart. otherwise, it becomes one-sided and it just wont work.

Well, i'm seeing this girl that's 1 hour away now, and we only see each other on the weekends. I wouldn't call that a l-d-r.

Back a few months ago, when i was single, i was seeing this one girl for a couple of weeks b4 my current. But she had to go back to Florida, and we thought it not ideal to pursue anything with that extreme distance involved, espec. since we only saw each other a few times.

So i would say, if you 2 certainly had something special goin on, it is possible, but not easy. There's lots of grey area, like "we can see and go out with other people" , or " we have to see each other once a month"

But for my situation now, 1 hour away isn't necessarily l-d-r. We are exclusive, and each have pretty busy lives the rest of the week. So it works out perfectly now if we can only go out on the weekends :)

i was in one and it did work out actually, but its not something i think i would want to do again, its hard enough being in a relationship with someone who is always around, but when they are far away its hell, and no absence does not make the heart grow fonder in my opinion.:D

My bf and I live an 1 and 15 min away as well...and we only get to see each other on the weekends. As much as I hate not being able to see him durring the week to just do normal, every day things such as watch tv or eat dinner together at night, i think it has strengthened our relationship...we rarely ever fight (we dont have enough time to waste doing that when we do see each other) and b/c of the distance, COMMUNICATION is key...it sux now but i honestly think i have found my soulmate...and eventually we will be rewarded for our efforts when the time comes for us to finally be together every day...(when i get to move out of CT to NYC!!!) But i got a semester and half left of school first

I'm the queen of ldr!!!

This is my 2nd one and....

well im here in freakn CA and he's in Boston..! yeah i know it's crazy...we see each other about evert 1 1/2 months, he comes home then I go fly over there. It's been going on for about 5 months. It was all right at first but slowly he started putting less and less effort in it which sucks but what can you do...he sort of broke up w/ me but still doesn't act anything like it...BUT ALL IN ALL SUCKS, it's just way too hard but he's worth all the BS for me so...In the long run I don't think they work eventually one person would have to move to be together....

Originally posted by totallytrance

I'm the queen of ldr!!!

This is my 2nd one and....

well im here in freakn CA and he's in Boston..! yeah i know it's crazy...we see each other about evert 1 1/2 months, he comes home then I go fly over there. It's been going on for about 5 months. It was all right at first but slowly he started putting less and less effort in it which sucks but what can you do...he sort of broke up w/ me but still doesn't act anything like it...BUT ALL IN ALL SUCKS, it's just way too hard but he's worth all the BS for me so...In the long run I don't think they work eventually one person would have to move to be together....

now this is a long distance relationship. it must be really hard. although living an hour or more apart is difficult, i wouldnt really consider it long distance b/c you can at least see each other once a week. some people who live in different states, are lucky to see each other once a month. it can also get pretty expensive. any type of distance can be a real strain on a relationship

I give you all credit for doing it, be it an hour away, or a state away, its still hard and takes true dedication:aright:

Originally posted by kelly0616

there exciting at first....after while get boring and ull want to explore your options:D

exactly. i was in a long distanec relationship during college. i was in ithaca he was in ny... ithaca is 4 hours upstate. we made it work for a while and it was great but i have to say now that it is over and i am done with school, i regret wasting my time waiting for him or not going out with my friends on that friday/sat night because of him, it didnt last anyway.

i would have been meeting a lot more people and having all sorts of experiences instead of being tied up in something that didnt end up being worth anything.

whatever u do, have fun on your own, dont take what the other person does too seriously and vice versa. dont worry what they are doing when they are not around, it is a waste of time & just makes people miserable. this kid would constantly accuse me of doing stuff behind his back when really i was doing school work most of the time... if u dont trust the other person why r u with them anyway?

:confused:

Originally posted by totallytrance

I'm the queen of ldr!!!

i think i won you Totallytrance i been in more than 5 l d r and all of them were so far from me turkey , new york,london etc....

i really had a very bad luck when i meat someone and he was from another contry it was hard really hard so now i deside to stop dating with foreign man un less is pure sex hehehehe

i have never not been in a long distance relationship....the past two boys i dated lived about 2 and half hours away from me(driving really really fast)...besides the fact that it was impossible for me to be satsified with the time i saw them, i found that the boys more then i did became attached and cared more that we lived so far apart...like if its meant to be i think no distance can keep you apart but some people just don't see it that way...i've never dated anyone that didn't live at least an hour away so i have no problem with it...i think depending on how much self control you have and what you do with the time you do have together, it can definitely work...