Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bad night at club float

whats up cper's... listen i know its an nyc club but i figured i will throw my .02 in about it.

all i been hearing this month is about this whole club float and getting ready for the jersey shore clubs 2 get going...i can't wait 4 that.

anyway i went 2 float with a few of the guys and it sucked so bad... sorry if there are any promoters on here for em but wow was it bad...

i will tell u the good things about it: they carry all types of alcohol on the shelves/ the main floor is nice.. it is like a baby sound factory because its an open floor and everyone upstairs can look down kinda like exit also.

now the bad: the music..... ouch my ears, it was about 3ish maybe 4 ish and they were still playing all commercial shit...this is the time 2 be throwing on all white label hard/progessive or new hard tracks 2 keep the night going strong.

now the alcohol..wow 11bucks for a lil cup of belvy and sprite=not cool

we even tried 2 buy a bottle of anything so we could get drunk with out going broke....hahahaha that wasn't gonna happen either the wanted 275 for a lil bottle of belvy and moet was cheaper 175 i thought that was funny 2

ok next : the hip hop room- can we say that there was a lil room and a hallway 2 dance...r u kidding me,everyone knows that hip hop rooms get filled quick and get crazy so why would u have this lil room and path. i did like the dj spinning in there though..he was on point with scratching and beat matching.

girls: some ok looking ones but alot of slobs and i mean slobs...wow these girls had no respect 4 themselves at all.

well i will not be going 2 float unless they have a good line up of dj's or a major event

sorry 2 hate on it but it was bad and i never really bad mouth a club because i just love the vibe of any club when i step in the building , ya know.

bro, i hate to see that you didnt have a good time but bro give the place a chance. i dont know what happened last night but i went there two weeks ago and went nuts, da place was jammin da whole night. i also went there last week bout 3:30 and it was thumpin, richie was throwin down some krazy tracks.

I must admitt, it looks like he slowed down this weekend cause i went to metro friday night and he did have lots of commercial tracks most of the night. although he did hook it up with aftermath when i requested at like 4 am (just what i needed to finish the night.)

but bro dont hate on float just give it another shot in a few weeks. Pre-Game is a must b4 steppin in da place cause 11 bucks for a tiny drink aint cuttin it wit me neither. anyways sorry to hear u had a bad time bro.

Originally posted by jrzcluba

bro, i hate to see that you didnt have a good time but bro give the place a chance. i dont know what happened last night but i went there two weeks ago and went nuts, da place was jammin da whole night. i also went there last week bout 3:30 and it was thumpin, richie was throwin down some krazy tracks.

I must admitt, it looks like he slowed down this weekend cause i went to metro friday night and he did have lots of commercial tracks most of the night. although he did hook it up with aftermath when i requested at like 4 am (just what i needed to finish the night.)

but bro dont hate on float just give it another shot in a few weeks. Pre-Game is a must b4 steppin in da place cause 11 bucks for a tiny drink aint cuttin it wit me neither. anyways sorry to hear u had a bad time bro.

i know i will bro i always give spots a few times because i know shit can change... for example deko... i love it

when it was paradise it sucked

Originally posted by chillfactor

i know i will bro i always give spots a few times because i know shit can change... for example deko... i love it

when it was paradise it sucked

dats good to hear bro, if u wanna be on the safe side wait til a theme party like last week (white party) it was off the hook. you'll def know bout it, (george makes sure of that)

Hey chillfactor: I agree with you about the prices at float, because they are rediculous i will tell you that. but as far as the muzik is concerned what did you expect to hear??? if you expected to hear hard underground progressive, tribal or even some techno you are going to the wrong party. Rydell has to cater to the crowd at float and majority of them want to hear what he probably spun last night. That is what makes him a good dj. What time did you leave? Because I am sure as the night went on he probably picked it up a bit.

Originally posted by whatevaman

Hey chillfactor: I agree with you about the prices at float, because they are rediculous i will tell you that. but as far as the muzik is concerned what did you expect to hear??? if you expected to hear hard underground progressive, tribal or even some techno you are going to the wrong party. Rydell has to cater to the crowd at float and majority of them want to hear what he probably spun last night. That is what makes him a good dj. What time did you leave? Because I am sure as the night went on he probably picked it up a bit.

yo whatevaman im not knocking rydel at all and im not sure if it was him on the set anyway. i also know about having 2 please the crowd bro my dj staff and i worked at hunka bunka for a bit so we know about what set you have and what u have 2 play sometimes... especailly when your on deck for the main resident dj. we left around the club aroud 5 ish cuz we had 2 sobber up a bit from our million dollar drinks, lol........

Originally posted by chillfactor

whats up cper's... listen i know its an nyc club but i figured i will throw my .02 in about it.

all i been hearing this month is about this whole club float and getting ready for the jersey shore clubs 2 get going...i can't wait 4 that.

anyway i went 2 float with a few of the guys and it sucked so bad... sorry if there are any promoters on here for em but wow was it bad...

i will tell u the good things about it: they carry all types of alcohol on the shelves/ the main floor is nice.. it is like a baby sound factory because its an open floor and everyone upstairs can look down kinda like exit also.

now the bad: the music..... ouch my ears, it was about 3ish maybe 4 ish and they were still playing all commercial shit...this is the time 2 be throwing on all white label hard/progessive or new hard tracks 2 keep the night going strong.

now the alcohol..wow 11bucks for a lil cup of belvy and sprite=not cool

we even tried 2 buy a bottle of anything so we could get drunk with out going broke....hahahaha that wasn't gonna happen either the wanted 275 for a lil bottle of belvy and moet was cheaper 175 i thought that was funny 2

ok next : the hip hop room- can we say that there was a lil room and a hallway 2 dance...r u kidding me,everyone knows that hip hop rooms get filled quick and get crazy so why would u have this lil room and path. i did like the dj spinning in there though..he was on point with scratching and beat matching.

girls: some ok looking ones but alot of slobs and i mean slobs...wow these girls had no respect 4 themselves at all.

well i will not be going 2 float unless they have a good line up of dj's or a major event

sorry 2 hate on it but it was bad and i never really bad mouth a club because i just love the vibe of any club when i step in the building , ya know.

just imagine if you went on a saturday nite instead of friday nite

NO NEED for any drama between djs........ESPECIALLY between shawn ink and richie rydell , they are BOTH part of the Metro Lounge family. As a matter of fact, this past saturday at Float, which was a little off from what its been on saturdays, maybe since it was DOWNPOURING all night, Shawn and Richie were switching on and off in the main room. And commercial? They have to be 2 of the most NON "commercial" DJS around. You might be able to knock the layout of Float (if you really have to) but Rydells music? NOT A CHANCE. Richie Rydell currently has the biggest following in NJ AND it aint cause of "hype", that for sure. I think you should give Float another try or come check Rydell out at Metro, you will see what i mean.:D

Sorry to hear that a couple of people werent happy with FLOAT. This weeeknd was a hard weekend for a lot of venues in NYC. With all the pre-parties on Saturday for the grammies on Sunday and even on Sunday with the grammy's. A lot of veneus werent busy due to the private parties that a lot of people attended, and with the storm we were suppose to get Saturday night. Plus Factory reopened and good to hear they did pretty good.

Next time come see me at the door or PM here and I'll take care of you.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

Guest hotshit
Originally posted by vsoto212

Sorry to hear that a couple of people werent happy with FLOAT. This weeeknd was a hard weekend for a lot of venues in NYC. With all the pre-parties on Saturday for the grammies on Sunday and even on Sunday with the grammy's. A lot of veneus werent busy due to the private parties that a lot of people attended, and with the storm we were suppose to get Saturday night. Plus Factory reopened and good to hear they did pretty good.

Next time come see me at the door or PM here and I'll take care of you.

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

I dont believe that, no offense I must have went to 5 venues in Manhattan over the weekend with no problem and each place was a good, busy night. Float is not a good party, maybe good music but thats it.