Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How would you feel?

lollib

For some reason, my boyfriend and I were talking about past relationships. I know he really loved and cared about his ex before me. They were friends when we met but he stopped being friends with her cause of me. He said he didnt know if his being friends with her would affect him going any further with me. So, the other night he said he was crazy when they were together and maybe cared a little too much. He said he definitely isnt like that now but it's a good thing. I know, each relationship is different but I didnt know how I should take that. It kind of made me feel that maybe he loved her more then me or am I being silly?

Originally posted by psychosweetie

I dont necessarily think its right to feel this way, but I know I would probably take it the same way you are, and I would be upset. I'm the type of person that lets stuff like that bother me, its not really a good thing though, I'm sure everything is probably fine:)

I know I shouldnt let it bother me- obviously they were broken up for a reason. I think what he meant by saying that it's better he isnt like that anymore is that if he was, he would drive us both crazy. I know he loves me though and did cut all ties with her cause of me so that should mean something.

Originally posted by tastyt

I don't know what that's supposed to mean. :confused: But I'd be really upset to hear that! What a weird thing to say. I'm sure he didn't mean anything bad by it, but I'd ask for further clarification, just to set your mind at ease.

Well, I really dont want to bring it up again cause I dont want him to think I'm crazy although if I'm still thinking about it, it must be bothering me. I dont think if he meant anything bad by it, he would have said it but then again men dont always think like we do. I guess I will wait a few days and see.

Originally posted by lollib

I know I shouldnt let it bother me- obviously they were broken up for a reason. I think what he meant by saying that it's better he isnt like that anymore is that if he was, he would drive us both crazy. I know he loves me though and did cut all ties with her cause of me so that should mean something.

If he cut all ties, he obviously cares about you more than her. If he was unwilling or put up a fight to do, i would be worried, but if he was okay w/ cutting all ties, he must not care about her

Well, I really dont want to bring it up again cause I dont want him to think I'm crazy although if I'm still thinking about it, it must be bothering me. I dont think if he meant anything bad by it, he would have said it but then again men dont always think like we do. I guess I will wait a few days and see.

Yeah, I wouldn't really worry about it. But it's always better to bring something out in the open than to let it fester in your mind and develop a life of its own! :)

lol. it is not good to be crazy over someone. there is only so much you can feel outside of the obesession/craziness. it is insecurity that makes you feel that way about someone. i think that is what he meant. you should take it as a compliment, he knows where your relationship stands and is comfortable with it, no need to feel crazy...

than again craziness is the kinda thing where once u have been there, you know what got u there and you do whatever you have to to avoid it... so chances are he would not fall into another relationship like the one he had with his ex again regardless of who he was with.

Originally posted by psychosweetie

If he cut all ties, he obviously cares about you more than her. If he was unwilling or put up a fight to do, i would be worried, but if he was okay w/ cutting all ties, he must not care about her

He also said that she wasnt really ready for the kind of realtionship he wanted. I think they were more of the party couple where as I think me and him are on the same level and are into more then just going out and partying. He also said long term she wasnt the one for him so I think all these things should help ease my mind too. I just think it's hard when you are with someone and love them to hear them talk about past relatinships but everyone has a past.

Originally posted by somebitch

lol. it is not good to be crazy over someone. there is only so much you can feel outside of the obesession/craziness. it is insecurity that makes you feel that way about someone. i think that is what he meant. you should take it as a compliment, he knows where your relationship stands and is comfortable with it, no need to feel crazy...

than again craziness is the kinda thing where once u have been there, you know what got u there and you do whatever you have to to avoid it... so chances are he would not fall into another relationship like the one he had with his ex again regardless of who he was with.

yeah, somebitch, i definitely think that is exactly what he meant. i dont think he would ever want to feel that way and get hurt again. i think that realtionship definitely helped him to see what exactly and he does and doesnt want in a realtionship.

He also said that she wasnt really ready for the kind of realtionship he wanted. I think they were more of the party couple where as I think me and him are on the same level and are into more then just going out and partying. He also said long term she wasnt the one for him so I think all these things should help ease my mind too. I just think it's hard when you are with someone and love them to hear them talk about past relatinships but everyone has a past.

I am the same exact way you are. I hate hearing about feelings my b/f had in the past for another girl, but just like you are doing, I tell myself things to level me off b/c I know its just me being me. I'm sure he loves you, and it seems like your relationship is much healthier than theirs was