Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz Benefit Party at Maze

On Wednesday, March 19th during the Winter Music Conference, Buzzlife Productions is proud to host a charity event at Maze Nightclub. 100% of the door profit will go to the two non-profit organizations that have fought the hardest to preserve and protect this industry, The Electronic Music Defense & Education Fund (EM:DEF) and the Drug Policy Alliance.

Funds benefiting EM:DEF will be spent on behalf of RAVE Act outreach or individual criminal and civil legal defense work. Funds benefiting Drug Policy Alliance will be spent on outreach and direct advocacy against the RAVE Act. They are attempting to raise $180,000 to fund materials and high-level Republican and Democrat lobbying against the Act. Such lobbying will either seek to block or to amend the Act so that it protects business owners, public health and free speech.

We are still ironing out some final details which we will post as soon as we sort it out. Tickets will go on sale next week through Groovetickets. Here is what we have so far:

Maze Nightclub

1290 18th Street

Miami Beach, FL

Ticket price: $10 in advance, $15 at the door

Hours: 9pm-5am

This event is 21+

Room #1

The Crystal Method - thecrystalmethod.com, LA

Hybrid - Distinctive, UK

Jody of Way out West - Distinctive, Nettwerk, UK

Scott Henry - djscotthenry.com / Buzz, DC

Charles Feelgood - System Recordings, LA

Micro - Caffeine, Surge Recordings, NY

Moguai - Hope Recordings, Germany

Room #2

Total Science - CIA / Advanced / Metalheadz, UK

Dylan - Freak Recordings / Renegade Hardware / Outbreak / Cylon / Biotic, UK

DB - Breakbeat Science, NY

Dara - Breakbeat Science, Planet of the Drums, NY

Teebee - Metalheadz / Prototype / Subtitles, Norway

High Contrast - Hospital Records / Breakbeat Science, UK

Reid Speed - Breakbeat Science / Direct Drive, NY

Know:el - eye2i / Bass:Mint, NY

i spoke with ally today (she's the one that's responsible for updating their site and tour dates)....and she told me that her info says ZNO.

so it's possible that the boyz haven't told her yet about this agreement with Maze, but she'll be seeing them later on to see what's up.

if they agreed to do a set at maze as well, that would be fuckin' kewl....especially if it's to 'pitch in' for the benefit.

zno was supposed to have it's grand opening this weekend but due to problems with exit doors, and the dimensions of them etc, and with whats recently happened in the last few weeks, miami officials didn't allow the club to open. the clubs owners benzino(the rapper) and david maze (editor of the source mag, and yes from that MAZE) were told they'd have to oblige by city standards before their allowed to open. too bad too, i hear there were a lot of rappers on hand for the grand opening. hopefully they can take care of it in the next few weeks before the conference.

^^it IS a bad ass line up

hopefully they can take care of it in the next few weeks before the conference.

if they do, that's where i'll be....right after i check out the Hall.. Ltd. party. if not, Maze it is....much better venue...imo