Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what does everyone listen to their music on?

joeg

car - stock stereo is actually pretty thumpidy - 6 speaker system with 200 watt amp (i think) - ask quoth

home:

living room - sony home theatre system - 450 watts w/ 10" sub - 6 speaker system

upstairs - via computer - creative 5.1 soundcard using altec lansing speakers - two powered 3-way speakers and an 8" sub.

basement - not set up yet but it will be the sony bookshelf system i have - 5 speaker system - think it's a 225 watt system

bathroom - working on it...

Originally posted by ceepee

This is all I got....and all I need

specs_top07122002.jpg

:D :D

yeah, those are pretty nice... i was thinking of picking up an iRiver slimX 350 for my portable needs... i'm more partial to cds than memory... but i've heard good things about the ipods...

Car: Stock MR2 soundsystem, 6 speaker plus an Alpine headunit, Premier amp and JL 10W4 sub behind my seat.

Home:

(in theory)

twin Alesis MKII monitors, Onkyo amp, Alesis 3630 compressor.

in reality, just my headphones because the second i turn the sound above a whisper, i have this dickhead professor living above me who's obviously mad mom didn't get the shit stains out of his underwear. Bangs on my door, is real rude about everything and has called the cops twice. I am ready to murder.

joeg, the iRiver slimX 350 is simply beautiful, if you're thinking of buying one. i got it when it just came out and back then it was like $220 or something but i dont regret it for a second. it basically doesn't skip at all, and it plays mp3s on cds (which is really - except for the size - so much better than MP3 players) and it still manages to be ridiculously small.

i highly recommend it...you can even buy the new remote for the IMP-400 at Iriver's estore and that way ull have a phattt cd player for like $130.

anyways, to answer the question, i have a bose 6-speaker system in my car, no amp or anything....and an Aiwa 5.1 400W dolby system in the house

joe,

i used to be a HUGE fan of cds, especially CD-mp3s (because back then you couldn't get an mp3 player with more then 64 mb and hd recorders didn't exist). but if you look at my room and office and you see a mess of over 3,000 cdrs you'll see why i switched to just streaming off my laptop's 40 GB.

Originally posted by dialectics

joe,

i used to be a HUGE fan of cds, especially CD-mp3s (because back then you couldn't get an mp3 player with more then 64 mb and hd recorders didn't exist). but if you look at my room and office and you see a mess of over 3,000 cdrs you'll see why i switched to just streaming off my laptop's 40 GB.

haha, yeah... every once in a while i have to start throwing shit out of my car because i buildup too many in there...

Originally posted by dialectics

joe,

me too man..

i have 20 gigs of music on my desktop, then a lot burned to cd and some cds i bought but i leave them in the car. i think im gonna get the zen mp3 player, its a 20 gig thing like ipod but cheaper...

im so sick of trying to keep physical cds of shit, it is a hassle, so much easier to leave it on the computer and not have to look at cds.

:hat:

Originally posted by somebitch

me too man..

i have 20 gigs of music on my desktop, then a lot burned to cd and some cds i bought but i leave them in the car. i think im gonna get the zen mp3 player, its a 20 gig thing like ipod but cheaper...

im so sick of trying to keep physical cds of shit, it is a hassle, so much easier to leave it on the computer and not have to look at cds.

:hat:

...i was looking at that one today....after all these years, i just started ripping my cds onto my pc.....but what got me the most was traveling to florida last week....i took along all these cds...funk that...my next big purchase will be an mp3 player...and since i cant afford ipod right now, it may well be zen...