Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the lunatarium has changed

well 1/3 of the place is blocked out because its some sort of electronics warehouse during the day and the rest of the venue is used as a club at night

and yes....the crowd changed signifigantly......its pretty much all raver kids now, not the diverse crowd that used to be there

and there arent any interesting nights there anymore.....i remember every time i used to go it would be like i was in a different club.....now the lunatarium is just rented to crappy production companies that consider putting up $5.00 worth of christmas lights a decoration, there is no atmosphere set up....it just feels like a big room now

did you find out why 1/4 of the place was blocked off?

....rent bullshit....all about the bills....I was told by a reliable source...you know who you are ;)

the crowd changed signifigantly......its pretty much all raver kids now, not the diverse crowd that used to be there

someone may look like a raver...doesn't mean they're "a raver." I noticed a lot of young kids partying last night. An 18 yo wearing kikwear & a visor, or whatever the fuck, may fit the generic look of it all but may not fit the actual role. From my experience, most of the kids that have hit up a lot of raves (I'm talking about parties back in the day) are pretty old...late 20s.

I liked seeing everyone wearing their own style, brought a lot of flavor and a nice oldskool feel; better than muscleheads and hos :D

I don't know about the past times at luna but judging from last night--even with the huge fuckin' wall--this place could be REALLY phat....you need an awesome prod. crew that has the skills to throw a party (none of this turning on the lights and bringing some djs in end-of-story, but creating the mood to begin with----a talented crew could manipulate the venue to such a degree that everytime you're there it blows you away b/c it's unrecognizable). Luna is an awesome, awesome venue for this too!

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

someone may look like a raver...doesn't mean they're "a raver." I noticed a lot of young kids partying last night. An 18 yo wearing kikwear & a visor, or whatever the fuck, may fit the generic look of it all but may not fit the actual role. From my experience, most of the kids that have hit up a lot of raves (I'm talking about parties back in the day) are pretty old...late 20s.

I liked seeing everyone wearing their own style, brought a lot of flavor and a nice oldskool feel; better than muscleheads and hos :D

I just want to say that I totally agree with you. I dress like a raver to all my parties and that is because its a part of my culture now... Raver is not a bad word by the way....

yeah, I dont know what happened there but that wall was bullshit.

and the crowd was . . . questionable to say the least.

and the music kinda sucked ass but that might just be my opinion cause i dont really like that stuff. I'm actually rather confused as to what I was doing at that party.

Anyway I hope Luna gets it together cause I love that place.

good seeing the usual suspects and some unexpected surprises. . . . Eric, how did I not see you there :confused:

Very cool meeting CrossPatrick :)

Alright..this is what i have to say about the party last night.

It was FUCKING horrible!!!!!!

I knew something was up the minute i got near the building and didn't hear the blare of bass im usually acustomed to hearing outside this venue.

I had a feeling the crowd would be raver-ish...but judging from the many times i been to lunatarium the crowd is VERY diverse with some hipsters...yuppies...straight up musicheads and the such...but as i started to walk twards the door and saw some pissed off raver bitches bitching how they got kicked out i knew it was too late to turn back.

As i went in..i witnessed some shady shit going with the bouncers and some kid.

and OH HELL YES!! the bouncers were ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shady last night!! i won't even go into details!!

Anyhow...when u get in the freight elevator to go the 9th floor it already felt different since i was now in a freight elevator with some normal guests of mine and the rest of the elevator was filled with friendship braclets, vicks vapor rub, and spongebob squarepants backpacks.

When the doors open...i thought i saw like some plastic covering on the wall hanging as like a design....but upon further investigation i said to myself "WHAT THE FUCK?? A WALL??????"

They installed a wall the entire length of the venue cutting 1/3rd of the warehouse space.

Reason being is that...the empty space is getting to expensive for the landlord so to make money off of the empty space...the wall was put up behind it is full of electronics that the landlord sells during the day to make a living. So basically he is usuing his own space to make money and pay for the rest of the space..meanwhile we have barely anywhere to dance or chill.

The sound system was COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!! FUKCING HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Once i got up there..i realized just WHY i didnt hear the blare of bass im used to...its because they were using some shitty ass fucking sound system comprised of 3 speaker stacks...prolly Gemini's lol and yet...STILL!!!!!!! u could not feel and BARELY hear an ounce of bass. They definitely need to get the old sound system back in there.

The music was COMPLETELY FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!!! and i was very embarassed to have brought some people here for their 1st time and have such a lame ass selection of music...sound system..and of course the suprise of "the wall".

DJ Venom was fuckingggggggggggggggggggg horrible UGH!!! i was very shocked on how bad he was....i have his cd's and i love them but his set was just horrible because he was trying to play the hardest shit on the shittyest sound system ever!!!!!! And when he played the hard shit..it was the same old fucking shit.

New Year's Eve for the Stuck on Earth party was the last time i had been to Luna...and prolly the best time i ever been to Luna other than my 1st time.....but sadly...it will prolly now be remembered as the very last good time i ever had at this venue. :(

The renovation of this building with the completion of the wall is a sign to me of the begining of the end of Lunatarium :(

So all those who have memories..keep them... cause the venue is JUST NOT WORTH going to anymore.

GOODBYE Lunatarium :(

...now there really ISN'T anywhere left in New York to party.

im not saying anything against ravers, im saying that the crowd used to be very diverse........like 30 year old artsy types, then ravers, then normal looking people, then clubbers.......now its just all spongebob and powerpuff girls clothing

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

yeah, I dont know what happened there but that wall was bullshit.

and the crowd was . . . questionable to say the least.

and the music kinda sucked ass but that might just be my opinion cause i dont really like that stuff. I'm actually rather confused as to what I was doing at that party.

Anyway I hope Luna gets it together cause I love that place.

good seeing the usual suspects and some unexpected surprises. . . . Eric, how did I not see you there :confused:

Very cool meeting CrossPatrick :)

me and john (gothzane) got there at around 10:30 and left at 1:30. the main room was very unbearable....the DnB was decent but not enough to keep us around

if we knew u were coming..maybe we would have held out some more :)

ugh..the most unbearable part of my night was having to see princesslolita pass by.

Dude yer like fuckin 25 years old!!!!!

Grow the fuck up and stop thinkin yer fat ass looks cute with yer UFO's and friendship bracelets!

Originally posted by echostar

.......now its just all spongebob and powerpuff girls clothing

true...But...Look @ the line-up...what else did u expect?

I guarantee if Hawtin,Vath,Beyer,Sims, or any other top techno dj would spin there, the crowd WOULD be Diverse...

I believe that kIND IV will bring in a good crowd...Come on...ELECTrIC iNDiGO!!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

true...But...Look @ the line-up...what else did u expect?

I guarantee if Hawtin,Vath,Beyer,Sims, or any other top techno dj would spin there, the crowd WOULD be Diverse...

I believe that kIND IV will bring in a good crowd...Come on...ELECTrIC iNDiGO!!!! :D :D :D

Electric Indigo or not...are u forgetting that there is a 50 foot high mass of sheetrock and plaster that is the length of the venue and cuts it drastically in half? :mad:

Originally posted by quoth

Electric Indigo or not...are u forgetting that there is a 50 foot high mass of sheetrock and plaster that is the length of the venue and cuts it drastically in half? :mad:

How can I possibly forget about THE FREAKiN WALL!!! Trust me...I am still traumatized by it...BUT...I honestly dont really like any other clubs in NYC, so I just have to deal with it... :(

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

How can I possibly forget about THE FREAKiN WALL!!! Trust me...I am still traumatized by it...BUT...I honestly dont really like any other clubs in NYC, so I just have to deal with it... :(

Remember what i am saying right now:

38-9 Studios in Long Island City, Queens WILL BE the next Lunatarium..if not BETTER.

It has cathedral ceilings and is a big space.

My cousin has a few parties in the works at that venue.....keep an eye and an ear out for in and around March 29th ;)

38-9 Studios in Long Island City, Queens WILL BE the next Lunatarium..if not BETTER.

My cousin has a few parties in the works at that venue.....keep an eye and an ear out for in and around March 29th ;)

NiCEEEE!!! Keep me updated! We neeed a new venue ;)

Remember what i am saying right now:

yeah i second that......did you go to the blackkat party there last night?

Originally posted by echostar

yeah i second that......did you go to the blackkat party there last night?

Nah i didn't but i heard about it.

i just chilled at home which i haven't done in ages on a saturday night..it felt good too.