Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ladies, what if you considered a man's body..

voluptuary

...to be in a different class than yours, would you feel insecure about being with him?

This girl I'm interested in, and who has made it clear she is interested in me, has made the offhand comment a few times that she doesn't know if she could be with me because she thinks my body is great. From my viewpoint, she has nothing to be ashamed of with her own body (she has the full Marilyn Monroe type figure). I guess I would consider myself to have the Men's Health magazine type body -- I love working out and eating healthy. I find it strainge, because it's not like I'd go for the out of shape person. She really isn't the insecure type either. She seems to have tons of confidence around people and especially men. It just puzzles me.

These comments did seem sincere to me....she wasn't just flirting or fooling around.

Have any of you ladies ever had feelings or thoughts like this?

she probably just doesnt wanna go out with a guy that has a better looking body than she does.... kinda like guys dont normally like to go out with much taller girls... its an insecurity thing... girls arent only insecure when it comes to other girls bodies... they get insecure about guys too sometimes..... plus, she prolly feels that maybe ur out of her league... and she;ll have to constantly worry about u leaving her for someone else... someone with a supermodel body than a marilyn monroe type...

idk what to tell u really...

if ur feelings for her are tru then let her know that theres no need to feel insecure... but sometimes theres just no way around it.

wow,

call me gullible, but I had no idea women compare their bodies to men's, or don't want their men to have a better body than their own.

I always thought that a woman's body image and insecurities about it always derived from comparing it to other women's.

Could this be true?

How often does this happen?

linabina....everytime she told me this I assured her that I loved the way she looks, and told her she was crazy.

I appreciate the replies BTW... :)

wow,

call me gullible, but I had no idea women compare their bodies to men's, or don't want their men to have a better body than their own.

I always thought that a woman's body image and insecurities about it always derived from comparing it to other women's.

Could this be true?

How often does this happen?

linabina....everytime she told me this I assured her that I loved the way she looks, and told her she was crazy.

I appreciate the replies BTW... :)

i'm confused...

it sounds like she is insecure about herself and is telling you that subtlely...otherwise, i have never compared my body to a guy's, nor know of anyone else who has done this as well...

maybe....if someone feels insecure about their body, they'll use that as an excuse to say they can't pull certain guys because they think that the guys are only looking for the perfect size 2 or 4....while many aren't that shallow (surprisingly..;) )

Originally posted by voluptuary

...to be in a different class than yours, would you feel insecure about being with him?

This girl I'm interested in, and who has made it clear she is interested in me, has made the offhand comment a few times that she doesn't know if she could be with me because she thinks my body is great. From my viewpoint, she has nothing to be ashamed of with her own body (she has the full Marilyn Monroe type figure). I guess I would consider myself to have the Men's Health magazine type body -- I love working out and eating healthy. I find it strainge, because it's not like I'd go for the out of shape person. She really isn't the insecure type either. She seems to have tons of confidence around people and especially men. It just puzzles me.

These comments did seem sincere to me....she wasn't just flirting or fooling around.

Have any of you ladies ever had feelings or thoughts like this?

trying to make sense out of something irrational

well its pointless....

women really do lack in the areas of logic and reason....

im glad i dont have to deal with them

ps before i get attacked of course there are exceptions

if there werent i wouldnt have any female friends, ha

I think i've gone through a similar thing too, but not to the point where she wouldn't date me for it :eek:

We've been through it B4, but there's more involved in a relationship than just looks. So i think she got over it.

Tell her how her body reminds you of MM. I thought Marylin had THE sexiest body around, especially that pic where she's over the wind vent, and her dress raises up in the air :eek:

And just tell her what you like about her body. I tried that with my girl, and it works wonders ;)

That comment sounds totally bizarre to me...

their is apparently an insecurity issue at hand.... the only thing that makes sense to me is not that she's threatened by your body in comparison to her's...

rather she is threatened by the attention your going to receive because of it from other possibly more attractive girls....

and that makes her feel insecure.. understand? :confused:

I personally insist on my guys having an amazing body... i thrive on other girls giving my guy attention... makes me appreciate having him more....

the only reason i can see it bothering her... is if she is not secure w/ herself in which case your body getting attention would bother her..

hope that helps :D