Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BUZZ at WMC : Benefit Party

djbuster

On Wednesday, March 19th during the WMC, Buzzlife Productions is proud to host a charity event at Maze Nightclub. 100% of the door profit will go to the two non-profit organizations that have fought the hardest to preserve and protect this industry, The Electronic Music Defense & Education Fund (EM : DEF) and the Drug Policy Alliance.

Funds benefiting EM : DEF will be spent on behalf of RAVE Act outreach or individual criminal and civil legal defense work. Funds benefiting Drug Policy Alliance will be spent on outreach and direct advocacy against the RAVE Act. They are attempting to raise $180,000 to fund materials and high-level Republican and Democrat lobbying against the Act. Such lobbying will either seek to block or to amend the Act so that it protects business owners, public health and free speech.

We are still ironing out some final details which we will post as soon as we sort it out. Tickets will go on sale next week. Be sure to check www.buzzlife.com for the latest news. Here is what we have so far:

Maze Nightclub

1290 18th Street

Miami Beach, FL

Ticket price: $10 in advance, $15 at the door

Hours: 9pm-5am

This event is 21+

Room #1

The Crystal Method : thecrystalmethod.com, LA

Hybrid : Distinctive, UK

Jody of Way out West : Distinctive, Nettwerk, UK

Scott Henry : djscotthenry.com / Buzz, DC

Charles Feelgood : System Recordings, LA

Micro : Caffeine, Surge Recordings, NY

Moguai : Hope Recordings, Germany

Room #2

Total Science : CIA / Advanced / Metalheadz, UK

Dylan : Freak Recordings / Renegade Hardware / Outbreak / Cylon / Biotic, UK

DB : Breakbeat Science, NY

Dara : Breakbeat Science, Planet of the Drums, NY

Teebee : Metalheadz / Prototype / Subtitles, Norway

High Contrast : Hospital Records / Breakbeat Science, UK

Reid Speed : Breakbeat Science / Direct Drive, NY

Know:el : eye2i / Bass:Mint, NY

Originally posted by djbuster

there's a whole lotta feelgood hatin' going on here...

i used to love him back in the fever days...did you guys have a bad experience or sumthin'?

Its not that I don't think he's a good dj... like he can't mix or anything... its that he tends to drop too many whacked out tracks. I could handle "Rocket Man" during a set but must it be followed up by "Another one bites the dust" (how appropriate) and "Wait a Minute Mr. Postman?" what was that other one.... "I like the night life baby...."

I don't know. His sets tend to piss me off. So for his safety, its best that I skip him altogether. :rolleyes:

I remember during the Fever Reunion in May, I went to Buzz 'cause it was Malanee's bday... anyhow I spent most of my time outside on the patio. It was an unusally cold night for May and I was freezing. Nautilus kept asking me if I wanted to go inside and I was like "I'd rather FREEZE!" :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Its not that I don't think he's a good dj... like he can't mix or anything... its that he tends to drop too many whacked out tracks. I could handle "Rocket Man" during a set but must it be followed up by "Another one bites the dust" (how appropriate) and "Wait a Minute Mr. Postman?" what was that other one.... "I like the night life baby...."

I don't know. His sets tend to piss me off. So for his safety, its best that I skip him altogether. :rolleyes:

I remember during the Fever Reunion in May, I went to Buzz 'cause it was Malanee's bday... anyhow I spent most of my time outside on the patio. It was an unusally cold night for May and I was freezing. Nautilus kept asking me if I wanted to go inside and I was like "I'd rather FREEZE!" :laugh: :laugh:

Snob. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mysteriousss

Mmmm Crystal Method.. They aren't doing Ultra this year :( Their set was really good last year (except that it took them 1/2 hour to set up on stage)..

Lobster and me are still talking about their set at Buzz. It blew my mind when in the middle of their set they dropped AC/DC's "For those about to rock..." not remixed or anything...I've never heard anybody do that.

Originally posted by nautilus60

Lobster and me are still talking about their set at Buzz. It blew my mind when in the middle of their set they dropped AC/DC's "For those about to rock..." not remixed or anything...I've never heard anybody do that.

I wish I went to that party.. I woulda went insane!!! Ultra last year was the only time I've seen them live, and most of my friends didn't like them (they don't like that style usually :( ).. I, however, was on top of the world!!!

I'm very tempted to go to this party, I think it's the only one they are doing at WMC....... Are you going?

And who's Lobster? LOL.. Nice nickname.. Very succulent :D:tongue:

Suck u what??? LOL:tongue:

Lobster (Leonya) is my friend who is also on this board once in a blue moon, but he is sitting in the office next to mine so i'll tell him he is succulent. LOL.

I am torn in between Tribal Sessions and Buzz party but what else is new - its WMC.

I wish I went to that party.. I woulda went insane!!! Ultra last year was the only time I've seen them live, and most of my friends didn't like them (they don't like that style usually :( ).. I, however, was on top of the world!!!

I'm very tempted to go to this party, I think it's the only one they are doing at WMC....... Are you going?

Hey I’m Lobster :D

Yes I’ll be there..…….There is no way in HELL I’m missing Crystal Method. Like Arthur said I was blown away by their set at BUZZ. I will do my best to drag Arthur along with me.

P.S. I’m very succulent :D

Originally posted by nautilus60

Drag me??? Ummmm make sure that you dont oversleep the best party of the conference this time...:rolleyes::)

ha ha ha.... not funny fucker.

All I did was that I overslept Danny T and they will never let me live through it. :D

With friends like this who needs enemies.

FUCKERS

Also, I'm not sure if anyone saw this thread that I posted in the WMC section, but I thought some of you might be interested.

Remix is hosting three days of FREE master classes, workshops and clinics on music production and performance for electronic and urban music producers, engineers, musicians and DJs during the Winter Music Conference. Registration will get you into the Sunset Sessions sponsored by Buzz and held poolside at the Ritz Plaza. More details at www.remixmag.com

REMIX HOTEL: THREE DAYS OF TOTAL TECHNOLOGY IMMERSION

Presented by Remix, Motorola, Intel, Digidesign, M-Audio and Stanton with Product Demos by Emagic, Native Instruments, Waves and Cakewalk PLUS Sunset Sessions sponsored by BUZZ and Martini & Rossi Asti sparkling wine

Presentions: Three days of FREE master classes, workshops and clinics on music production and performance for electronic and urban music producers, engineers, musicians and DJs during WMC. Digidesign presents special guests Bad Boy Bill and The Crystal Method revealing how they use Pro Tools. M-Audio features presentations by renowned artists BT, The Crystal Method and Deepksy. Stanton has invited DJ Craze, DJ Faust, DJ Shortee and DJ Jesse Saunders to demonstrate the Final Scratch system.

Where: Ritz Plaza South Beach, 1701 Collins Ave

When: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Details: Attendance by day includes exclusive invitation to evening Sunset Sessions from 6:00 - 10:00 PM. See top DJs perform - Progressive House (Tuesday), Electro (Wednesday), Drum 'n Bass (Thursday) and Turntablism (Friday).

Tickets: FREE ADMISSION, but you MUST register to attend. click here!

Weblinks: Remix Magazine

Here are the lineups for the Remix Hotel:

Tuesday, March 18th

Progressive

- Scott Henry - djscotthenry.com / Buzz, DC

- Jody of Way Out West - Distinctive / Nettwerk / UK

- Saeed & Palash - Addictive Records / * 69, DC

- Dave Ralph - daveralph.com / System Recordings, UK

Wednesday, March 19th

Electroclash Night

- Tommie Sunshine – xylophone jones Recordings / Gigilo, Chicago

- John Selway – Memory Boy / Tronic / Journeys by Dj / dj-sets.com, NY