Clubplanet Nightlife Community

San Diego

kross921

SHit, I'm there. I haven't heard him play in awhile......I think the last time I heard him play was in Twilo days......Definitely, a long time ago....lol

Hows the crowd like here in SD?? (young/ old or mix) Back in NY too many young kids be hitting the clubs now a days. Like 17 or 18.......

Feel like a lester sometimes....lol

Thanks....

Peace

You're from NY bro? I just moved out here from NY about a year and a half ago. I live up in Newport Beach in Orange County! Welcome to CA! Its a different world huh?

And PVD in April is gonna be sweet. I just saw him recently in LA. Amazing as always. Take care man.

Sup!

Thanx for the holla. SD is alittle boring here but have to get use to it. Still trying to get adjusted here and the job market sucks but still trying to look. NY is just becoming to wacky since Bloomberg became mayor. Nothing seems the same anymore.

PVD, shoot can't wait to hear him spin. Its been awhile since I heard good music from the time got here....and the club scene is nothing like NY. Everyone is alittle conservative here, not like SF or Vynl.....but hey its cool......

Well thanx again for the holla.....

Peace

:party:

yeah the lifestyle here is pretty boring if you're not retired or don't have a family....i'm moving from san diego this summer, but in the time i've been here yeah i guess the nightlife hasn't been so great..been to most of the clubs and places in the area....the crowd isn't so interesting either..either they're all midwestern jocks/college students in places like pb or ocean beach, or you have the rich yuppies downtown or in la jolla....

if you want to go clubbing...go to LA....i go up there once every 1-2 months or so...san diego's environment and outer beauty is better than anyone else though....it's such a gorgeous city, you feel like you are living in a postcard when you drive around sometimes....

there's always the beach....and if you don't want to go too far, there are some decent clubs in tijuana, mexico as well...just make sure you don't go back to the USA drunk or they'll detain you...and make sure you have a valid ID...other than that...cannot think right now....

Hey:

Like you said the beaches here is beautiful and a great place to raise a family that is if your ready to settle down and rent is mad cheap here (but this is coming from a person who lived in NY and a one bedroom costs you from $1k to $1,200 a month).

Can't wait till the weather gets warmer its alot different from Jones Beach in NY...

Been to Tijuana already and the scene well you know already but there isn't a club there that plays consectcutive music. Its all mixed, playing from house to trance to hip hop to 50's or 60's jam....and top of that young chicks flashing everyone...Its like your up close version of girl wanna get wild......lol

Been dying to LA just to check it out but none of my friends wanna go up yet so have make do here and chill till than....but definitely gonna go see PVD to hear him spin.....

Well have an awesome day....

Peace

kross921: you must go to spundae!!! it pulls in the best talent - on a regular basis - of all the clubs up here.

www.spundae.com

i love spundae. the vibe is really laid-back, unpretentious, really "do what you wanna." the patio outside is a great break from the inside; it's big, and has tables, chairs, and benches. there's always enough room to hear your own conversation and not be bothered by anyone else's smoke :D . the staff is incredibly friendly (the guy at the door hugs just about everybody) and that has a big effect on everyone, i think. l.a. is the first town i've seen that has clubs that actually respect their patrons.

i pretty much only go to spundae (at circus on saturdays), red (at arena on fridays - www.nexxez.com )*, or random nights like howells' upcoming night on friday at the palace. the one major problem i have with red is that there's only one room (albeit a huge one), so if you're not into the music, you don't have a second choice :no: .

but come up here and check it all out :D !

*circus and arena are in the same lot and share the same address: 6655 santa monica blvd.

Weyes: Thanks for the heads up. Maybe in a few weeks I'll hit to one of the clubs....

Getting sort of nuts here but gotta stay focus first before I can have any fun......(responsibilities sucks! but gotta do it)

I heard about both clubs before from a friend and definitely will head up there soon.....

Give you a holla if I do....

Peace....

PS: Thanxs Sassa for the info......

Hi All,

I'm planning on moving out west in the fall. Somewhere in the Newport Beach area. I was out in San Diego for superbowl. Was very beautiful but not my scene as I like to club. I think I'll actually live closer to LA than SD. I was wondering what are some of the clubs in the LA area.

Thanks!:cool:

Originally posted by ski0721

Hi All,

I'm planning on moving out west in the fall. Somewhere in the Newport Beach area. I was out in San Diego for superbowl. Was very beautiful but not my scene as I like to club. I think I'll actually live closer to LA than SD. I was wondering what are some of the clubs in the LA area.

Thanks!:cool:

check out the sticky, always at the top of the l.a. board:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136874

it's got loads of info and helpful links :) . feel free to post questions there, too, if you have any.