Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Rankings

arrakis

OK, y'all - let's try a new ranking. How about we note our top 5 DJs (and/or DJ "combos") that we've witnessed LIVE; naturally basing this on not only mixing talent, but also the ability to get a crowd pumping. Here's mine:

1. Roni Size w/ MC Dynamite

2. Kruder & Dorfmeister

3. Sasha & Diggers

4. D. Seaman

5. PVD

Look forward to seeing what pulls your chains... Peace!

May favs.

Taucher

Oakie

Acosta

Sasha and Diggers

Padilla

Last time I saw Taucher he snuck out of the booth unseen and appeared on the bar with a spot light on him. He had some crazy outfit on, pumped the crowd like hell. It was during his song "Bizarre". Killer show.

I havent seen much but i definately think Astral Projections miami show has to be my favorite show. a close second is rabbit in the moons miami conference performance with the fire and hoops and all that wild shit. third is george acosta at the same conference and 4th is EROS at 55 degrees IV the last trance in orlando. 5th. Dj Icey spinning Energy in Melbourne Fl now what? i would have loved to see taucher and that would definately been my allt ime no 1

oh well looking forward to bt at chillipepper. ive heard he puts a lot of energy and pos vibes into it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest genevieve

1. JOHN the man DIGWEED

2. Dave Seaman

3. Anthony Pappa

4. Jimmy Van M

5. Carl Cox-sucker

OK; how about we note a particular event in the recent past that blew our minds - OTHER THAN during the WMC (b/c that would be too easy). Mine has to be Sasha and Diggers @ Groove Jet back in January... the crowd was amazing - everyone was totally into the music, no punks, and Sasha and Diggers wandered about in the crowd (looking like they were having an amazing time) with much ease and little harassment. P.S. Gen - where did you catch Mr. Seaman recently? I was at the GJ show a few months ago which was quite nice!

No doubt, it was Anthony Pappa at Twilo a couple of months ago. Technically the second best set I've heard in a long time second to DT at Space back in March.

Danny Howells is another one that blew my mind.

I have yet to hear Craig & Lee. I guess I have to get my ass over to London and check out their infamous Tyrant night.

Soon man... soon...

Guest genevieve

Yes, I too was a witness of the Seaman/Groovejet experience earlier this year. Yes, it was quite nice. My exceptional non-WMC experience has to be John @ Shadow a couple of years ago in fall. The place was not crowded and he played this unforgettable set.

Yo, Nolimit - I hear ya on going over across to London; that's where the shit is going off! But at least you're in NYC... gotta be second best! Lucky man to see Howells... what was his set like?

Howell's set was similar to his NF2 cd, but he can play anything in between.

I heard him once before when he opened up for Deep Dish and played a real slow, mellow, and lush set. Nothing bangin, just something experimental. I don't think the crowd was up for it, but I sure got it. He stepped it up just a notch and then handed it over to Deep Dish.

The other time was when he played on a Wednesday night. The main room is closed on that night. The djs play upstairs in the VIP room for a smaller, more intimate party.

That's when he unleashed the goods. Mixing was tight and he played a stormer. Tracks I've never heard of. The energy in that room was unreal. To better describe his set, I have to say it's dark, deep, and emotional.

Diggers picked the right guy to open for him at his 'bedrock' nights. I can't wait for his Nubreed CD to come out.

Arrakis, when are you going to come up to NYC? We'll tear it up a bit...

Here's what Mr Howells top 10

We won't see these for months!!!

1.Black Water - "Untold" (430 West)

2.Moonface - "Children of the Sun" (white)

3.Sander Keinenburg - "Slipper" (white)

4.Industry - "07" (Miracle)

5.Lexicon Avenue - "Midnight on W27" (Forensic)

6.Agent Sumo - "Sunflowers" Peace Division Mix (white)

7.Greed - "Promises" (SOG)

8.PMT - "Gyromancer" (white)

9.Coco da Silva - "Saudada" (white)

10.Saieed & Palash - "Doomsnight" (white

• 2 weeks later...

My top 5 DJs

1. Sasha and Digweed (seperate and together)

2. Fatboy Slim (but not the mainstream stuff)

3. Paul Oakenfold

4. Nick Warren

5. The Chemical Brothers (Hey I know they're too mainstream but they kick ass)

------------------

Double-Down

• <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc"" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/doubledown_xtc
    </A>
  • double-down@mad.scientist.com

It is not death if you refuse it...

The Crow (The original graphic novel)

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say, witnessing all these guys LIVE has been more than overwhelming. My criteria is based not only on the music, which almost in every case is top-of-the-line, but mostly based on crowd teasing & pleasing.

Well, here it is:

1. Sasha (On the 3yr Anniversary Party @ Twilo) One of the best nights ever!! eek.gif

2. Paul Van Dyk

3. John Digweed (@the same night & venue...)

4. Dave Seaman

5. DJ Taucher

6. Deep Dish

7. Jimmy Van M

8. Sven Vath

9. George Acosta

10. DJ Dan

It suddenly became a top 10, but thet've all been quite an experience in their very own way. While staying down in Miami for the summer, I'd love to see some of these guys playing in the Florida Heat!

U guys shouldn't miss Danny Tenaglia and PVD down here @ Space!! Finally one of the BIG guys hits South Florida... cool.gif

Too bad summer is practically over already...

Archived