Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's next in the heavyweight division

so now the vladimir klitchko was beaten who is next for lewis. maybe the klitchko brothers are like venus and serena williams . everyone thought the other one was the best , but maybe vitali klitchko is really better. my opinion i think roy jones should fight chris byrd . i think he would whip holyfield and byrd would be a good fight . although byrd is a great defesive fighter and could neutralize jones speed. i would not mind seeing tyson -jones although i don't think jones could handle tyson's best puch if he gets caught . i think lennox should fight vitali klitchko and then retire. there is not much left for him to accomplish .

Tyson - Lewis 2 is a horrible fight, I really hope it never comes off. Jones vs Tyson would be one hell of a draw. Like Max Kellerman has said, you have the world's best fighter against the world's biggest name. I hate Jones, but I would really be rooting for him in that one. Maybe he can finally put an end to Tyson and his faded career. BTW, odds makers already have Jones a 2-1 favorite if that fight were to come off.

Not to sound like a broken record, but unification would be kinda nice....

Jones will either fight Byrd or Tyson next, then probably retire. No way he'll fight Lewis. Lewis will stick around long enough to try to unify, but he's waiting for the titleholders to change before he goes for it. If it takes too long, then he'll just retire.

Originally posted by brickhouse

Jones will either fight Byrd or Tyson next, then probably retire. No way he'll fight Lewis. Lewis will stick around long enough to try to unify, but he's waiting for the titleholders to change before he goes for it. If it takes too long, then he'll just retire.

Jones - Byrd would be a great fight, I would love to see it. Jones - Tyson is a huge huge money maker, and would be entertaining as well. In terms of Lewis trying to unify, now is his best chance. Seeing that two small guys (Byrd and Jones) and Corrie Sanders (lol) hold the other belts, he could do it pretty easily given his size, if they would all be willing to fight. But Jones isn't stupid enough to try and take on a guy like Lewis, or at least I hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Roy Jones career from the beginning. He is a great boxer, a powerhouse in the middle and light heavy divisions but he is not stupid enough to test Tyson's power. One power shot from Tyson and its all over. Roy Jones was able to beat Ruiz because Ruiz was a paper champion, not a top heavy weight with a big power punch.

If anything, I could see Jones taking on Holyfield but only because Evander is past his prime. In his day, Holyfield was a great champion. Now he is punch drunk.

Like I said, oddsmakers already have Jones the 2-1 favoprite if that fight were to come off. Yeah, Tyson can still hit hard, but most people think he just won't be able to catch Jones. Also, i'd remind you that Tyson did not put Holyfield down, and Ruiz did. not saying Ruiz can hit harder than Tyson, just something to think about. Tyson has very very good power, but people seem to think he has some super-human punch...he doesn't. I think Roy Jones would frustrate him to hell, and tyson would essentially give up eventually.