Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is better? PVD or DT?

tato09

Just because the guys over at Mixmag say that PVD is #1 doesn't necessarily mean that is true. Who follows those crap polls anyway. I go see for myself.

Last year was Judge Jules and do you really think he is the best dj of 1999???? Gimme a break!

Yeah; those polls don't mean shit. For instance, Oakey got #1 in DJ Mag for 2 years straight - and he's (in my opinion) a mediocre DJ at best; poor mixing skills, huge ego, and predictable track selection. In DJ Mag's defense, their poll was mostly reader-based. If you look at what the industry thinks, Masters at Work were #1, and Mr. Tenaglia #2 (Oakey and PVD didn't even make it in the top 20).

Alright, I don't know who you people have been listening to but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've seen PVD every two months at Twilo in NY for the last year and a half. I gotta say that DT is good but come on, PVD, in my opinion, is by far the greatest dj on earth. I've heard all the other dj's who battle for the #1 spot and I gotta say that although many of them are unbeleivable, there are just things PVD can do that nobody else can. However, I believe everyone should broaden their horizons and see as many dj's as possible and decide for themselves who is the top dog...behind PVD...haha just playin

A'ight; first of all, name one thing PVD can do that no other DJ can. I can't see how anyone can vote him the world's best DJ. He is mediocre at best. Even his production skills are lacking... he seems to know only a few keys on his keyboard and has a very predictable sound.

Macfunk,

What clubs do you go to down there? The reason why they don't play DT style tracks is because u guys are stuck on that candy trance you guys call music.

Go to Space this Saturday and you'll see what the rest of the world is listening to.

What a load of crap. PVD's production is decent, but all sounds very similar. DT has been around much longer than PVD, and has gained a lot more respect from the world's top DJs. Big deal if PVD has a few "hits" - so does ATB! Does that mean he's a better DJ? Hell no. I guarantee if you ask the two who looks up to the other, PVD will bow down in a second...

Archived