Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone actually like promoters?

It depends on the person...if the person is wise and really knows how to do business...he will keep his guests happy and give them what is promised on the flyers, websites, etc. Some of them are scumbags and lie that famous stars and dj's will be there just to get you in...but as soon as people see they are lying, and if the club sucks as a whole...people wont go anyway. But you cant put promoters down for doing what they do... there are people who do the right thing and scumbags in every industry.

I can't believe Dolik brought up Michael......That's who introduced me to clubbing and promoting.....I worked for him for yrs.....that's wild.......Dolik that's also why I said in my reply to your thread "Are Clubs just a phase" That my world and the world around me fell apart.......Anyway...I guess there are alot of shady heads in the promoting game because I was talking to one of those newsletter services and they were saying how they don't deal with promoters because if the promoters feel that the service didn't provide enough people they choose to not pay them...That's fucked up....If someone does their job but, people don't want to go to your party.......Let's be honest who's fault is that..........I guess some people just can't handle the truth...

What can I say, I got into this a few months ago and I enjoy entertaining my guest when I can. I go to all the other promted spots, so I just figured it would be fun to hype a place up and make money on the side. The people that hang with me epect o have a good time, just as I would. I have no shady intentions, so i hope all of you don't think everyone is shady. As a general rule of thumb, give everyone one try....then, if it sucked....peace. That's how i feel...but who am I...I'm just trying to pay for my rent and my acting lessons!!!!!

this delldude is killing me...

anyway...

promoters are here whether we like it or not...most of them suck, but that's the way the clubs handle business now. me being a dj, believe me, i have plenty of bitter stories....

BUT...

there are good ones and bad ones as said. if you're lucky you might be able work with one that is for real and not a bs artist. however, in this industry there has always been a large number of people in the scumbag dept. it's nothing new, that's just the way it is. you have to pick your clubs, pick your battles, and move on and try to make the best of any given situation.