Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shadow Lounge Board

arrakis

Attention open-minded Club Planet posters: I need your help on the Shadow Lounge board to combat the Acosta-loving, cheesy trance-eating ignorant folk out there. I'm doing my best to encourage new talent at that venue, so any help would be appreciated! The Shadow staff does read and post on this board, so they'll be listening... thanks! smile.gif Check my posting under "Upcoming DJ Dates"; and I post there under "Special K".

MF, first of all, you're an ignorant idiot. House was around before trance and will outlast it - how many times do I need to beat that into your naive mind? I've been clubbing and into electronic music way longer than you have, and thus know what I'm talking about. You new kids so into "trance" don't know shit about dance music, so go play with your glowsticks in the corner of Shadow Lounge and deprive the open-minded folk of your petty pro-trance dumbfounded comments!

Arrakis: I wouldn't bother posting on the shadow lounge board... if you have heard the phrase, "beating a dead horse" you'll know what I mean... if the purpose of doing that is to get the attention of the owners/staff... your best bet would be just to email them personally... I'm sure they have some link enables you to contact directly..... The shadow board is useless.... your talking about people that are content if you plop them down in front of a speaker, stick a lolipop in their mouth and play the same boring pounding drum beat that makes them bob their head back and forth.

enough said..... smile.gif

Word up, Luna - just trying to do what I can. The Shadow staff actually did read and comment on my post, so I'm at least content about that. Whether they act on it is a different story! Good to see you're more open-minded about music than those nuts bowing down to Acosta...

Dancer-17.gif

Arrakis:

I know your into the house sound..but if you like a little bit of hard trance at all, Cosmic Gate will be coming to shadow on Oct 21.... they play a fierce hard sound.... for those that are into it, it shouldn't be a night to miss......

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I'm Acosta fan #1 (he's actually a friend of mine), Shadow books plenty of other talent. Most of the premier dj's have spinned there or will end up spining there. Oh, but most of those dj's spin TRANCE so I guess it won't appeal to you. Good luck putting up posts for Shadow...they know what they're doing & since George is part of the club, good luck trying to get rid of him...Shadow is a trance club...deal with it

First off, congrats on being Acosta's #1 fan - what an honor! Second, I have nothing against Shadow; on the contrary: I'd like to encourage them to keep getting top talent, be it trance or house. Now I do realize that George isn't leaving in the near future, but I am hoping that another resident soon takes hold - even Edgar over at Space has a broader musical horizon than Mr. Cheez Wizz. Lastly, yes I do think DT is a better DJ than PVD, but I think this point is moot now!

Allright, since ya started to disgrace a legend, here's my $0.02 Comparing Danny T to PvD is like comparing Micheal Jordan to Tiger Woods. They both excel incredibly at what they do, respectfully. And as for Acosta, he's played a major part in putting Miami on the map in respect to being a stop for International DJ's. I also beleive he's contributed greatly to SoBe's current status as a major player in the Worldwide Club Scene. Oh yeah, and the comment about not being able to dance to House music, how can I put this, that's like being able to keep your eyes open when you sneeze! You want to enjoy life, I mean really ENJOY life? Immerse yourself completely in what you love and what makes you happy and ignore everything that you don't like or enjoy. Words to live by.....

Peace,

Syversin cwm38.gif

[This message has been edited by syversin (edited 09-29-2000).]

Can't We Just.. ALL Get Along ?!?!?!

What happened to the good 'ol days ???

When a DJ was allowed to play whatever he/she wanted.. and wasn't LABELED

For the past 5 years I've spent my life in H-E-L-L, TX. trying to break the DJ mold that I got stuck in... I did a couple of Hip-Hop shows in Dallas and the word got out that B-SIDE was a bad-azz Hip-Hop DJ...

Much love was given.. I soaked it up!!!

And got stuck doing mostly Hip-Hop gigs..

I didn't hate doing them but enjoyed doing other stuff as well. Each year there I saturated a different cult of sound....One year spinning House... Next year Breaks... Then Dn'B as well. Until I finally had everyone trained that B-SIDE was B-SIDE not just a one-style DJ

Not I.R.A.T.E. but categories SUCK !!!

Any T-R-U-E DJ will tell you that !!!

& F.Y.I.

PVD personally hates being called a "Trance DJ"

------------------

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"â„¢

Naturally any DJ hates to be categorized, but if PVD hates so much being labelled a "trance" DJ then why didn't he go outside the box and spin some funky, darker tracks when he was last at Space/Miami? I know a DJ is tempted to please his/her audience (most likely PVD was catering to a trance-loving Miami crowd), but why not trust in the audience to open their minds a bit? Danny T did this with much success on his last visit to the area; and this is why he's the "DJ's DJ" (in addition to being one of the most loved DJs in the world).

Guest genevieve

Originally posted by plasmajockey:

b-side,

We HEAR you, in case you think no one is listening. Too many people on this board spend too much time THINKING about music rather than enjoying.

Agreed! Enough of this Drama!!!!! cwm31.gif

[This message has been edited by genevieve (edited 09-30-2000).]

Archived