Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SPace aint all that kids?

yea, so i wanted to post this before, but was to pissy,

i went to BeYourself @ the New space cenue, and Danny was yummy, and the music was great, i left early, 7:45am ish?

came home and chilled in my room, BUT

i liked the old venue alot better, somone in another post was saying it looks alot like spin, and it really does, the dance floor is bigger, but not by much, and the lighting is good, and sound was good, but REALLY i liked the old Venue alot better, this place didint have anything really e-xtra speical to it, i kind of found it boring, Being miami, i mean ARC is boring, But Boring as a Venue to look at,

i tihnk u get use to the Dark, nitty gritty boring clubs in NY, like ARC, but a boring plain ol club in MIAMI just dosent work to well?

it wasent THAT PLAN, but i was expecting alot more, Even with the System?

oly>>

i was soooo disopointed in the new club, the main room reminded me of a mini exit, with the terrace on the roof, the lights were disapointing, the system was ok, nothing special is right. Club maze on the other hand was the way the should have set it up, proffesional lighting equipment, dryice, and a bumping system. in the same set up room.

what was wrong with the old club, i think the old space was even bigger, the one is very tight and you have no where to go, i was defintly disopointed with it.

i feel the same way,

The lighting and sound was not anything special,

it seemed a little outdated,

and the sound was NOTHING to what the old sapce's system was, i think moving was a bad idea, if u ask me?

i didint like anything really about it, i miss the old hallways u could chill in from room to room 2,

a very big "Ehhh" from me and everyone in my group, we expected ALOT more, Esp in miami, i mean in NY, u can open a Dirty dark space, and call it "frump" as long as the music is good, it will probe be good, but u cant do the Ny thing in a money town like miami, where everything is glitsy n glam, where in Ny, it more Deep down n Dirty> ya know? lol

Oly>>

i thought the new space sucked a$$

the old one, even tho it was a little smaller had so much more character.

plus the new one was shut down every night for a few hours, and they charged people up to $100 and $150 to get in....

im sorry but that is fuckin ridiculous

Space changed locations due to the termination of their lease. The lease came to maturity and the property owner was unwilling to work with the club. Hence, Space moved to the spot up the block on NE 11th street. Supposedly, the old location cannot be leased or sold to another club/club owner for the next 5 years, protecting the original Space's interests.

I for one, amonst many other's was very dissapointed with the new venue. No character whatsoever. The new venue is actually smaller than the old venue and has less bar's. I was speaking with one of the door person's regarding the spec's of the new venue vs. old and the new venue can hold 3500 to 4000 people while the original space held close to 7000 patrons and for some reason there was always room in the old venue. It never was really unbearable. My trip down this weekend was unbearable. The lines were the worst I had ever seen them. I already miss the old venue. It was my favorite club (besides palladium back in the day).

R.I.P Club Space 1998 - 2003. You will be dearly missed. All of our trips down to Miami will never be the same.

Hated the new space.

The sound system was horrible in the fact is was too LOUD. I like it LOUD and I'm a Bass Bitch, but it was literally painful to be anywhere near the main floor speakers. (Mostly the highs).

I was there Wed and Fri and it was the same with 1 EXCEPTION. PVD changed the eq settings and sounded good. The guy before and after him again turned it all up and it sounded horrible.

I'm personally not into the nitty gritty dirty design but I AM a fan of low ceilings, call it a false sense of security, but i like to get "lost" and NOT feel the world can see me out in the open.

i here yea,

Sometimes i like Tall Ceilings and sometimes i dont, it kinda depedns on how much iv had to drink, at Limelight, i hate how people are "Watching you"

and i like how some places Are Dark, like Arc,

But with the whole space thing,

Technology Wise, i tihnk they took a Big step down, The lighitng was so outdated, 98-97 Scan's....and the System was preaty blaa, hurt my ear's, and then muffled out alot,

didnt care for it at all

150$! at the door,

Thats fucking insane!!

to step into a club that looks like 3 other venues in miami,

BLA!

Oly>

That sucks b/c Space was probably the only club down there that was more or less focused on the music...

All the places on the beach more or less had a BIG pole up there ass.

I remember the bouncer at Crobar asking my G/F to turn around so that we could get in, and I was luck fuck this guy, but she really wanted to meet her friends inside. so lol.

But the old Space also had a shitload of attitude. I waited on line to see Diggers there about 2 years ago, and then this bitch went through the line kicking out all the guys. I had to wait for 1 hour when there was nobpdy even there yet...

It sounds like MAZE is where ist at...

It looks real dope www.clubmaze.com