Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OM party at goddess

georgeacasta2

What a waste of time and money. I was very disappointed. The music was terrible and the vibe wasn't far behind. I figured with Andy Caldwell, Kaskade, King Booba and Marquez you couldn't go wrong. Boy was I wrong, the music was yuppi sounding mainstream crap! There was supposed to be 2 rooms with OM DJ's spinning in them but they were spinning hip hop in the other room :confused:. Of course the hiphop crowd that was in there wasn't happy about WMC taking over there club which only added to the already negative vibe in the club. Furthermore, there was way to many people in that little club, the bathrooms could only fit 2 people (that's including the bathroom attendant) and the layout of the club is just plain confusing. Needless to say we didn't stay very long. Maybe it got better after we left, but I'll never be going back, that place was pathetic.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

What a waste of time and money. I was very disappointed. The music was terrible and the vibe wasn't far behind. I figured with Andy Caldwell, Kaskade, King Booba and Marquez you couldn't go wrong. Boy was I wrong, the music was yuppi sounding mainstream crap! There was supposed to be 2 rooms with OM DJ's spinning in them but they were spinning hip hop in the other room :confused:. Of course the hiphop crowd that was in there wasn't happy about WMC taking over there club which only added to the already negative vibe in the club. Furthermore, there was way to many people in that little club, the bathrooms could only fit 2 people (that's including the bathroom attendant) and the layout of the club is just plain confusing. Needless to say we didn't stay very long. Maybe it got better after we left, but I'll never be going back, that place was pathetic.

Sorry to hear things didn't go your way last nite ... the only comment on behalf of Goddess is that ... spring breakers like hip-hop ... most of them have no clue on what WMC is nor the talent they can get to see ... :hat:

that was peter kruder upstairs. om took over the entire club not half. goddess is not open on thursdays so it wasent a displacement of a crowd. i am sorry you felt that way but the club was slammed and cheering for more when we had to turn on the lights. i do think the club was a little too packed and that might have been a discomfort but i honestly thought the music was supper hot. oh well i hope you enjoyed the other parties you went to during wmc.

i felt the same tonite at the marlin for migs..

was very hot & the bartenders took their own sweet time...

it took me longer to get a beer than it did waiting to get in the club.

it was impossible to get a buzz going cos of the bartenders & the heat...

but the music was good & lisa shaw sounded great....

i do have to say grut.

wed. deep party was insane!!

Originally posted by dgrutman

that was peter kruder upstairs.

I didn't see kruder in the lineup, my bad. I know he spins some hip hop, I should'nt have dismissed it without giving him the benifit of the doubt. Man was he pissed off. He was cursing like crazy at the mixer and what not. I was just so disappointed with Andy Caldwell's track selection when I first got in (according to the list on the wall he was playing) that I really didn't give the other room a chance. Andy is one of my favorite DJ's. I love every single mix he's put up on the inspirit music website and also like his work with soulstice. He didn't sound anything like his production or his online mixes. You could also hear the main rooms incessant pounding in the 2nd room, this also turned me off to the 2nd room.

Which brings me to another problem with goddess. The sound system in the main room didn't sound right. The kick in every track sounded off. It's sounded like a 15' speaker in a car trunk. I'm no clubbing expert, I think the crobar sound system is also off, who according to most people on this board is an incredible sound system.

In all fairness I only stayed for about 45 minutes. Your a deephouse lover and I'm sure the music got better after I left, but the over crowding, small bathrooms, bad acustics and yuppi sounding track selection really turned me off.