Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mauro Picotto

pheonixroxy

Originally posted by teamj5

I saw mauro picotto at the sapce terrace around 11am dancing to steve lawler :laugh:

he's got some dope dance moves for an italian

I don't know about his dance skills but I wasn't impressed with his dj skills. Didn't like his music at all.

Originally posted by whadupg

I don't know about his dance skills but I wasn't impressed with his dj skills. Didn't like his music at all.

I saw him in DC at Glow last year. I hate that place... but anyway, he did a four hour set and for the first two hours it was horrible. It was like he was spinning the same damn song over & over again. The only reason I stuck around is because I found a nice couch to curl up on. Around 3 am when the bar closed and the crowd started to thin out, that's when he picked it up. His last two hours were :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've never seen Mauro Picotto perform, still waiting for GLOW to bring him back.

I planned to attend the show at Avalon last week until a little thing called War kind of dampened my enthusiasm for travel...

Curious to hear what other people thought about the show. How long did he spin?

Bob

Originally posted by borlab

I've never seen Mauro Picotto perform, still waiting for GLOW to bring him back.

I planned to attend the show at Avalon last week until a little thing called War kind of dampened my enthusiasm for travel...

Bob

All I remember was at one point in the night saying I really wish this music would change - for all I know it wasn't even Picotto spinning. Either way - really wasn't liking it.

Give me some o' that phat base please :D

Originally posted by borlab

Bob

He's a bi-monthly resident at Arc now. Way better club than GLOW IMHO.

If people call Cosmic Gate "Nazi Trance", then Piccotto would have to be "Mussolini Tech", he's fucking ruthless. Very hard, very fast, and very loud. I like it, but it's deffinately too much for some people. I didn't make it to Avalon friday, but I was there the last time he was up.

Originally posted by unclefester401

If people call Cosmic Gate "Nazi Trance", then Piccotto would have to be "Mussolini Tech", he's fucking ruthless. Very hard, very fast, and very loud. I like it, but it's deffinately too much for some people. I didn't make it to Avalon friday, but I was there the last time he was up.

Very fast I'll give you but sorry - there was nothing hard about it! No way - it was chick music all the way. :tongue:

From what I understand Picotto has a rather unique style, not surprising that it wouldn't appeal to some people. The review of his last appearance at Arc said he played extremely hard trance.

A friend of mine who saw him at GLOW last year described it as "waves of sound that washed over you". He was feeling pretty good that night...

Anyways, I need to catch Picotto at Arc next time. I've only been there once, saw another Italian DJ, Mario Piu, last December. Although the place was kind of empty, I thought the sound system was excellent and I loved the show.

By the way, GLOW might not be the nicest venue, but in my opinion they consistently bring in the best trance DJs of just about any club in the US, bar none.

Bo

Originally posted by unclefester401

If people call Cosmic Gate "Nazi Trance", then Piccotto would have to be "Mussolini Tech", he's fucking ruthless. Very hard, very fast, and very loud. I like it, but it's deffinately too much for some people.

Couldn't have described it better........ hard, loud, and fast... I like it that way too (music too! hey!):tongue:

I'm a Picotto whore, but I must admit, his WMC Space terrace set wasn't that great....

but thats okay, I LOVE HIM ANYWAY:eek: :eek:

Lola:D