Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gypsy woman rmx

Originally posted by wakeup

exactly, but most will be like who the hell r big beat records

interestingly enough, Big Beat still put out great tunes through last year (course I'm biased working at Atlantic)..The past couple years, "Salsoul Nugget", "Groovejet", "Finally", Plummet-"Damaged", amongst others were released on vinyl Domestically on Big Beat...as well as all the Everything But The Girl stuff over the years...(including that "Tracy in My room" Sandy Rivera booty)

Fliz

Originally posted by fliz77

interestingly enough, Big Beat still put out great tunes through last year (course I'm biased working at Atlantic)..The past couple years, "Salsoul Nugget", "Groovejet", "Finally", Plummet-"Damaged", amongst others were released on vinyl Domestically on Big Beat...as well as all the Everything But The Girl stuff over the years...(including that "Tracy in My room" Sandy Rivera booty)

Fliz

yea there biggest hit ever to me atleast was robin s- show me love

Definition of a "Mash Up"

A mash up is where you take two tracks and mash them together. Such as the infamous GYpsy Drum record Acapella from one song and the beats from another. Im sure this wasn't done with 2 cd players. It was most likely done on sonic foundry's acid. They probobly rearanged the vocals over the track they way they wanted to and BAM! "A new remix. NO. A Mash UP! BIg and little name dj's have been doing this forever but since DT and Erick Morillo are Playing this edit / mash up. There is a Buzz on this record. So evryone please go buy this record that will be in stores shortly if it already isn't. And please don't ever buy a That Kid Chris record because he had nothing to do with this record, since its a remix:laugh:

boriginal. yeah a mash up. ok well when you put out a track and drop a vocal over a song and DT and EM are playing your track. you going to tell them its a mash up? that dont sounds right. if you tell a big Dj, heres my new mix, its a mash up, they will laugh in your face. So i call it a remix and to tell you the truth its a damn good one too. None of you are putting out music that some big DJ is playing, maybe just your playing it in you basement. none of you even have no right to call it a mash up cause if you puy it out. you would call it a remix. Thank you. and boriginal dont try to start with me all time over the internet. if you want to make jokes, do it when im in your face and then see what i do!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by djmattreid

boriginal. yeah a mash up. ok well when you put out a track and drop a vocal over a song and DT and EM are playing your track. you going to tell them its a mash up? that dont sounds right. if you tell a big Dj, heres my new mix, its a mash up, they will laugh in your face. So i call it a remix and to tell you the truth its a damn good one too. None of you are putting out music that some big DJ is playing, maybe just your playing it in you basement. none of you even have no right to call it a mash up cause if you puy it out. you would call it a remix. Thank you. and boriginal dont try to start with me all time over the internet. if you want to make jokes, do it when im in your face and then see what i do!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

First off, be easy homeboy. I give out my edits and big name dj's are playing the. I dont need to tell you who, you can find that out on your own. Oh, and by the way i do tell them that its an edit. They know what a edit is and they have no problem playing it.

p.s. i never said your homeboys masi & mellos EDIT of Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman was bad.

what song did you come out with? and what DJs are playing it. i dont care what any of you say, especially you (boriginal) cause you gave me a problem before. you wanna write something, write it back, you wanna be sarcastic, dont be sarcastic with me. Personally i think this was def was the hottest remix of the WMC. All i have to say is that the biggest DJs down there were rocking it and the people were loving it. everytime i heard it played, everybody started singing it. I dont care if you think its a mash up. i think its a damn good remix. Thats it and stop writing back to argue with me, you can argue with me when you see me in person

BOriginal is right! Most DJ/Producers know thats what those records are called........they are sometimes called edits also. In a way there is nothing wrong with what they did,it is done all the time. Mashup/Edit is just the proper way to refer to these records. I know I would be offended if someone used all my drums and called it their remix.......so I'm sure TKC wouldn't be very happy about it.

PS: Matt Reid there are a few big jocks playing B's EDITS......and not for nothing you look like the one trying to be a tough guy talking about smaking this and that. Not a good for this industry you never know who knows who. ;)