Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pro War Logic

djxeno

Originally posted by raver_mania

Awww, shit man, thats hilarious! And soooo true! The same ole pro-war arguments, still full of more holes than Bushy can count!!! :laugh:

Hey, Hey there be nice. Some of us are for war but not for reasons listed there. But unfortunately people like girly who use those reasons to try and justify the war, make the entire group of pro-war advocates look like unintelligent, niave, biased, and overall teh perfect cookie cutter image of the hypocritical "American". Makes you understand why such anti-American sentiments exists.

Originally posted by starvingartist

Hey, Hey there be nice. Some of us are for war but not for reasons listed there. But unfortunately people like girly who use those reasons to try and justify the war, make the entire group of pro-war advocates look like unintelligent, niave, biased, and overall teh perfect cookie cutter image of the hypocritical "American". Makes you understand why such anti-American sentiments exists.

Thats a little harsh dont you think? I dont agree w/girly's opinions, but I dont think she sounds unintelligent. I think she sounds passionate about her beliefs. Everyone only knows what the media tells/told them. People have tendency to think they are geniuses b/c they can cut & paste a NY Times article. There is no real answer to weather this war is right or wrong, it comes down to a matter of opinion, but what would I know, I'm just a tree-hugging, anti-american liberal :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying anything bad about anyone (well, except maybe Bush)...just saying those particular pro-war arguments are exhausted.

Nah, I think girly is very passionate about her beliefs, even if a bit naive...but from what I've seen she is willing to learn about things she doesn't know. As am I - God knows there's so much of this shit I don't know about!

I also think there's an immense amount of "behind the scenes" reasons for this war (after all, its politics) -it all comes down to, do you trust the current president to stand for the right reasons? I don't.

Originally posted by njangel

Thats a little harsh dont you think? I dont agree w/girly's opinions, but I dont think she sounds unintelligent. I think she sounds passionate about her beliefs. Everyone only knows what the media tells/told them. People have tendency to think they are geniuses b/c they can cut & paste a NY Times article. There is no real answer to weather this war is right or wrong, it comes down to a matter of opinion, but what would I know, I'm just a tree-hugging, anti-american liberal :rolleyes:

Thank you.. this is only a message forum but i appreciate you saying that.

damn, you hit the nail on the head :aright:

Originally posted by raver_mania

I wasn't saying anything bad about anyone (well, except maybe Bush)...just saying those particular pro-war arguments are exhausted.

Nah, I think girly is very passionate about her beliefs, even if a bit naive...but from what I've seen she is willing to learn about things she doesn't know. As am I - God knows there's so much of this shit I don't know about!

I also think there's an immense amount of "behind the scenes" reasons for this war (after all, its politics) -it all comes down to, do you trust the current president to stand for the right reasons? I don't.

Yes I agree those arguments should be retired, hehe. However I will disagree about girly being passionate, in my opinion if she believes the troops are in fact "fighting for our freedom", then she should enlist. That for me would be displayin passion.

Back to the subject though, pardon me for digressing. Yes I completely agree about our limits to what we know and what really is. However you ask if we can trust our current president to stand for the right reasons, well I ask you this, Can you ever trust any president to stand for the right reasons?

Yes I agree those arguments should be retired, hehe. However I will disagree about girly being passionate, in my opinion if she believes the troops are in fact "fighting for our freedom", then she should enlist. That for me would be displayin passion.

Back to the subject though, pardon me for digressing. Yes I completely agree about our limits to what we know and what really is. However you ask if we can trust our current president to stand for the right reasons, well I ask you this, Can you ever trust any president to stand for the right reasons?

wow I struck a chord on you somewhere huh?:D

Thats the question now, isn't it. However, one can always get an "idea" of what a president's about by previous actions, and results, ie, if he has done some good in the past, and seems to honor international law, then I would be more trusting of him. But I cannot, and will not, trust a president who has broken so many international treaties that (to some extent) secured peace in the world, and has effectively marginalized the one world body that was doing some good on this planet.