Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD @Roxy tickets

This is probably my first and last time partying in NYC w/ you guys and PvD - so I don't mind paying.

PVD 4/18 Math

NYC is expensive.

+ Big name DJs are expensive.

+ It's at least a 6 hour set - much longer than other big name entertainers' concerts that are usually less than half as long, but for which you pay about the same.

+ There was advance notice and a promo code that put the price at $45.

Quit yer bitchin'! :tongue:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vicman

one of these weekends that we go up to NY we should go to the smaller venues and check those out. see what the deal is there. $40 last time for pvd, $50 this time, what next? $60 and then $70?!?!?

it'd better be a fucking 12 hr set if they expect people to pay $70.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yap.gif

yes, its expensive. But who is making you go to this? NO ONE! Its your choice. He spins for 6 hours. How much was S&D at Buzz when they were here for Delta Heavy? $35/$40? How long did they spin? 3 hours or something? How is that not the same thing?

Yes there are djs that keep their prices low and I applaud them for that. DT is $20 and he spins forever. I think that's awesome. When PvD was at Glow he did 4 hours for $35. In NYC he's $40 to $60. I don't know why.. but that's just how it is I guess. Don't like it, don't pay it. Its that simple!

mention "PvD" and "expensive" in the same sentence and the PvD police comes out in force. :rolleyes:

nah, all i'm saying is that it is expensive - i think we are all in agreement there. But you are going, right? so STFU :box::D

BTW, I'm not standing in line with you if the wait is over 5 minutes. My "bitch" free zone needs to be at least 10 ft ;)

last time they said its gonna be $50 at the door and it was only $40

same thing might happen this time and online tickets would cost you $44 if u bought it earlie enough

besides its kinda stupid to complain about the price since NYC is one of the 3 cities in a world where PvD plays 6+ hour sets

one more question - does any1 know if smoking policy will be enforced

:aright:

Certian place don't care.... because no one is getting ticketed till May... so you may be able to smoke in there.... then again - the promoters may say no.... can't really say - it's a rather in between time here....

And one more thing... I know it was a special night and everything but I still liked the idea of $15 to see Diggers for 4+ hours!!!!

$60 to see PvD... expensive - but doable....

Hanging out with friends...... priceless....:D :D :D

haha, I just got this email:

Due to strict capacity limitations and increased security for the April 18 show, event costs had to be recalculated, which resulted in a higher advertised ticket price. Paul was uncomfortable with the higher price, so in a joint effort with Made, the price was lowered to $40. To make it easier, you no longer need the promo code. Simply log on to www.ticketweb.com to take advantage of this special offer or click here

Advance tickets are also available at:

Satellite Records 259 Bowery between Prince and Houston 212-995-1744

Rebel Rebel, 319 Bleecker Street, NYC tlf. 212 989 0770

Throb, 47 Orchard Street, NYC tlf. 212 925 6069

PAUL VAN DYK IN STORE APPEARANCE!!

What: DJ set and autographing session

When: Friday, April 18th: 4pm - 6pm

Where: Virgin Megastore, Union Square (Broadway and 14th Street)

Paul will be spinning in the DJ booth, which will be followed by an autographing session.

All questions may be directed to info@madeevents.com

The event is 18+, valid, state issued ID is a must!!

I wonder what the door price is...

ay carumba!

that "strict capacity limitations and increased security" has me a bit worried LOL. What time does Roxy open? 10 or 11? Ah well, we're getting there early.

Increased security? You already have to walk through a metal detector AND take everything out of your pockets AND get a pat down. I'm scared! :worry:

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

that "strict capacity limitations and increased security" has me a bit worried LOL. What time does Roxy open? 10 or 11? Ah well, we're getting there early.

Increased security? You already have to walk through a metal detector AND take everything out of your pockets AND get a pat down. I'm scared! :worry:

strip search !!!! :eek: :eek: