Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Derek Jeter Injury

dnice you make some good points. i just used to love ryan minor at the time, he was one of my favorite college basketball players for those few years, and i cheered him on while he went off and played baseball, and upset when not given the chance to play cause of ripken basically. the only reason he moved over to third is because somehting needed to be done with the team at that point. one of the highest payrolls in baseball and they were going nowhere. changes were made all over the place, they were willing to try anything. they would've let ripken pitch if he volunteered, they were so desperate.

about jeter, if anyone saw sportscenter's hotseat, chris rock made a great point of all people about jeter. he said only jeter can have a contract worth 170 million and not expected to be the team leader. which is true, think about it. that team runs itself basically. when u got guys like soriano, bernie, mondesi, clemens, pettite; veterans who know how to win, you don't need a "leader" per say.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

about jeter, if anyone saw sportscenter's hotseat, chris rock made a great point of all people about jeter. he said only jeter can have a contract worth 170 million and not expected to be the team leader. which is true, think about it. that team runs itself basically. when u got guys like soriano, bernie, mondesi, clemens, pettite; veterans who know how to win, you don't need a "leader" per say.

Even the Blue Jays GM said in regards to the Jeter injury that you can take Jeter off the roster AND take any other star player off the roster and STILL have a 100 win season..

That's the stuff good teams are made of. ;)

Originally posted by spragga25

Ohhhhh the Blue Jays...tough team...tough Division! Mets would win 110 games in that shitpile of the AL east ;)

Yeah.. we'll see how interleague play goes later in the season.

THEN I will make my statement. :D

FLIPSSoe...you said carl everett.....lol...im a red sox fan and let me tell you something about carl everett...he and john rocker could be the next two stars of Two Flew Over The Cuckoo' Nest...the sequel to jack and the chief baby....good luck with getting that bum to do anything worthwhile except for against his old teams....carl everett....im feeling your pain though we got vinnie the donut baker making 14 mill a year in alcohol rehab right now tying up our future money to take down the lakers...oh well guess well have to trade walker or pierce, any takers?

Originally posted by clubrat88

FLIPSSoe...you said carl everett.....lol...im a red sox fan and let me tell you something about carl everett...he and john rocker could be the next two stars of Two Flew Over The Cuckoo' Nest...the sequel to jack and the chief baby....good luck with getting that bum to do anything worthwhile except for against his old teams....carl everett....im feeling your pain though we got vinnie the donut baker making 14 mill a year in alcohol rehab right now tying up our future money to take down the lakers...oh well guess well have to trade walker or pierce, any takers?

dude you are nuts, trade Walker or Pierce, thats obsurb, I say lets cut our loses dump Baker try to pick up a good FA center.... hmmm damn the matter of the fact is we have no one with trade value besides Pierce or Walker. :(

why did we let go of R. Rodgers???? WHY!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by nycchic24

all these sports stars are pigs. just look at kirby puckett! :laugh:

*Ahem*.... I believe someone owes Kirby an appology, today Kirby Pucket was acquitted, ms. shoot first ask questions later......