Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Iron Chef: King of Iron Chefs!

Is anyone else as excited about this as I am? :bounce:

ic_small.jpg

THE IRON CHEFS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD IN FIRST-EVER 'KING OF IRON CHEFS TOURNAMENT' ON FOOD NETWORK

Iron Chefs to Compete for Kitchen Stadium Glory Every Saturday Night at 10 PM Beginning April 5

For the first time in Iron Chef history, the ultimate chefs will battle each other when Food Network debuts the King of Iron Chefs Tournament every Saturday night at 10 PM from April 5-May 3. The Tournament will be the consummate challenge for - Iron Chef Japanese Masaharu Morimoto, Iron Chef French Hiroyuki Sakai, Iron Chef Chinese Chen Kenichi, and Iron Chef Italian Masahiko Kobe. Chairman Takeshi Kaga will preside as one-by-one, the chefs go head-to-head with exotic secret ingredients such as Tokyo X Pork (cross-bred black and white pigs) and Long Gang Chicken.

KING OF IRON CHEFS TOURNAMENT SEMI FINAL, 1st BATTLE

Premieres Saturday, April 5 at 10 PM

The Tournament begins with Iron Chef Chinese Chen Kenichi facing off against Iron Chef Italian Matsuhiko Kobe in an exciting battle of dueling culinary styles. With a secret ingredient of Tokyo X Pork (cross-bred black and white pigs), viewers will see the amazing dishes they create such as Parparadelle Meat Sauce and Szechwan Style Tom Polo. It's Iron Chef vs. Iron Chef, but only one can win.

KING OF IRON CHEFS TOURNAMENT: SEMI-FINAL, 2nd BATTLE

Premieres Saturday, April 12 at 10 PM

Viewers will witness the Battle Bell Pepper between Iron Chef Japanese Masaharu Morimoto and Iron Chef French Hiroyuki Sakai as they use their techniques and creativity to win bragging rights in the King of Iron Chefs Tournament. Dishes like Steamed Bell Pepper Custard and Bell Pepper Royale with Pike Eel, will put Kaga's decision-making to the test, and it will all be done in front of the staff of each of the chefs' restaurants.

KING OF IRON CHEFS TOURNAMENT: GRAND FINALE PARTS 1 & 2

Part 1 Premieres Saturday, April 19 at 10 PM

Part 2 Premieres Saturday, April 26 at 10 PM

It's down to the Grand Finale tournament between the last two Iron Chef contenders. One will be named the King of Iron Chefs, and dishes such as Lobster Bisque, Egg Mousse and Gratin au Chili Lobster for 21st Century will make it a long day in Kitchen Stadium!

KING OF IRON CHEFS TOURNAMENT: GRAND FINALE PART 3

Premieres Saturday, May 3 at 10 PM

The Iron Chefs have just completed their first-ever tournament where they have competed against their toughest challengers yet - each other! As the Japanese revere French cooking, Chef Alain Passard returns to Kitchen Stadium as the world champion chef chosen to challenge the King of Iron Chefs. In the ultimate two part battle to the finish, Passard and the King must compete over Ron Kon Kai Chicken to see whose dishes will reign supreme on the world scale!

biiiatch.jpg <-- my fave ;)

A bell pepper challenge - WTF!!!! If this was truly the king of all tournaments - I think the cheap bastard should let them make what ever they want in the one hour period. THAT would be worth watching.... fucking bell peppers... what a god damn jip - and I was rather excited to watch this too.... fucking cow shirt wearing freak!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by sauvee88

A bell pepper challenge - WTF!!!! If this was truly the king of all tournaments - I think the cheap bastard should let them make what ever they want in the one hour period. THAT would be worth watching.... fucking bell peppers... what a god damn jip - and I was rather excited to watch this too.... fucking cow shirt wearing freak!!! :mad:

:laugh:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Morimoto all the way. Ex-Nobu chef has gotta make some of the most ridiculous dishes.

morimoto-san is the iron chef chinese? i think he will win, the iron chef chinese, 70% of the time he's the one being challanged on the show, he has more experience.

Originally posted by sauvee88

A bell pepper challenge - WTF!!!! If this was truly the king of all tournaments - I think the cheap bastard should let them make what ever they want in the one hour period. THAT would be worth watching.... fucking bell peppers... what a god damn jip - and I was rather excited to watch this too.... fucking cow shirt wearing freak!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Think about it though - only a true IRON CHEF would be able to whip a bell pepper into amazing dishes. Plus, it's obviously Kaga's food of choice. ;)

iron_chef_host_glamour_1.jpg

Originally posted by vicman

morimoto-san is the iron chef chinese? i think he will win, the iron chef chinese, 70% of the time he's the one being challanged on the show, he has more experience.

Morimoto is the Japanese Chef (NOBU). Kenichi is Chinese.

i'm an avid fan of iron chef, i watch it all the time . . .

usually sakai wins his battles, but it's mainly because of the sauces he makes, truly french cuisine . . .

my favorite is morimoto . . .

wtf is up w/ chairman kaga's outfits, what a dork . . .

these are usually the judges: a lower house member, an actor, an actress, and the fortune teller/food critic (who look surprisingly similar) . . .

Oooh. They've got a Morimoto Omakase on the menu. You pay a set rate and the chef prepares a multi-course dinner for you. I did one of those at this sushi place in Santa Monica and it was fucking awesome. Chef's love doing those cause they can just go crazy without being restricted by what's on the menu. :drool:

I'm getting so hungry right now. :(