Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Dave

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

This coming from a wrestling fan?

All im saying, is that to me, it just looks like everyones is being a crybaby, because they dont want to deal with "bad elements", which is something everyone has to do, so deal with it...

You arent going to make CP cool again, just because you get a few people to stop posting about dumb shit, try posting something worthwhile yourself.

THe blame is yours!

we tried that already... but every productive thread got bombarded with spam, hate, and insults... so people stopped bothering...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All im saying, is that to me, it just looks like everyones is being a crybaby, because they dont want to deal with "bad elements", which is something everyone has to do, so deal with it...

You arent going to make CP cool again, just because you get a few people to stop posting about dumb shit, try posting something worthwhile yourself.

THe blame is yours!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH WRESTLING??

Originally posted by spragga25

and more importantly, what bearing does it have on this topic???

why does everything just turn into insults and character assasination instead of intelligent debate?!

:confused:

THe blame is yours!

Because I am a wrestling fan I am ignorant? That statement alone reflects your knowledge. :laugh:

That is like me saying "all this from someone who thinks conneticut has a scene?" :rolleyes:

When people do try to post somethign worthwhile, the morons taint it. Who wants to look at that shit? And if it is not the morons, the "oppositionists" around here always have to put their two cents in.

Originally posted by joeg

why does everything just turn into insults and character assasination instead of intelligent debate?!

Seriously, these people are the disease of this board.

All of them.

That doesn't answer my question. If you are going to try and win an argument with an all encompassing answer like that, you may as wellpack it up and go. I asked what specific PRODUCTIVE thread got ruined. And not every thread is productive. If you can't back up statements with facts sounds like you're whining. Which it does. And before you start screaming holy hell that "that is what you're talking about' blah blah blah--it does. Please show me an example of what you're talking about without linking to this post.

Also--what you think is 'horrible and insulting' to another person is a guffaw. Whose fault is it if someone is sensitive?

I H I

Originally posted by ivehadit

That doesn't answer my question. If you are going to try and win an argument with an all encompassing answer like that, you may as wellpack it up and go. I asked what specific PRODUCTIVE thread got ruined. And not every thread is productive. If you can't back up statements with facts sounds like you're whining. Which it does. And before you start screaming holy hell that "that is what you're talking about' blah blah blah--it does. Please show me an example of what you're talking about without linking to this post.

Also--what you think is 'horrible and insulting' to another person is a guffaw. Whose fault is it if someone is sensitive?

I H I

If dave feels its necessary, i'll dig up ever single post in the last 6 months that turned into crap...

and theres a difference between horrible, insulting, and malicious attacks...

i mean, comon, i'm known for offcolor jokes and comments... i'm no friend of censorship... but we have a lot of threads where someone will just start a screenname to come on a thread and start taking personal shots from behind the mask of anonymity...

and as far as promoters go, theres a lot of them clogging up this board... i don't really mind if the regulars promote something now and again... but i often see a new screen name with 1 or 2 posts put up something for the sole reason of promotion... if you contribute nothing to the board and expect to make money off it, then you're gonna have to pay DaVe... thats just the way it works... I didn't make that up...

and quite clearly i'm not alone in thinking something has to change, as within a few hours, theres already 2 pages of agreement to my initial statement...

Look at the people from which the insults of character are coming from and that should answer your question. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by spragga25

I was "verbally abused" for enjoying the moronic entertainment on this board, and while there is nothing wrong with wrestling (if you like it) are you trying to tell me that it is something more than that?

While you may not realize it, what you guys are asking is the same as censorship, and other than deaththreats, things out side the TOS etc, it is not acceptable for a free discussion forum.

I think if you want this "Nirvana" of a message board, you should make your own, make everyone an ADMIN, and go for it!

If you want some perfect board where everyone shares the same views, what is the point of discussing>?

I was "verbally abused" for enjoying the moronic entertainment on this board, and while there is nothing wrong with wrestling (if you like it) are you trying to tell me that it is something more than that?

While you may not realize it, what you guys are asking is the same as censorship, and other than deaththreats, things out side the TOS etc, it is not acceptable for a free discussion forum.

I think if you want this "Nirvana" of a message board, you should make your own, make everyone an ADMIN, and go for it!

If you want some perfect board where everyone shares the same views, what is the point of discussing>?

people can choose what entertainment they want to view on the television... thats a big difference then coming on here to see what's hot for the weekend and viewing a thread on something turn to utter shit cause of people with the 1000 screen names.

Actually joeg, you said it was 'all of them', so all you had to do was a search on your name (which, thankfully, I did) to see if 'all of your PRODUCTIVE threads' turned into crap.

From my perspective, they weren't that productive and they all didn't all turn into shit. And if by shit you mean insults, then no, and if by shit you meant useless, then yes.

Just from where you're standing,

I H I

WHAT!!!!

;)

Even though it's a messageboard, I've seen people almost come to blows over slanderous things. Some peeps that it seriously...enough to whoop ass over it.

Not me of course.

Banning people will not do shit.

You can ban people all you want..they are still gonna do and say as they please.

You people are getting way too carried away with "Messageboard Rules"

What makes Clubplanet different from the rest to begin with is variety and not snooby "pinkie-up" people who always think they are in the know 24/7 like on other boards if yer gonna start comparing boards.

Clubplanet SHOULDN'T be like other boards.

it should be itself.

And that's just what it is.

You think DaVe doesn't see most of the shit that's posted??

He does...and he prolly laughs half the time because of how bent up people can get on a bulletin board he created.

Now, YES...the board has definitely "lacked" something the past couple months which is why even i didn't feel like posting nor fucking around cause it just lost its novelty.

But, why would you need to change this board in the 1st place when if you do not like it...u have the other top messageboards to go as an option??

Instead of trying to make Clubplanet like the rest of them...why not keep it unique and let whatever happens happen?

If yer trying to make this board similar to other boards why even bother going through the trouble and money of doing so when u can just go and register at those other boards where u can be in "Messageboard Bliss"?

A bit cliche but, if ya can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen.

But in closing i will say this....i think instead of all these new guidelines that are being proposed....i think its just time to pick up the pieces and do something else with our lives other than post on a bulletin board.

Let's face...

All we were was a new generation of clubplanet members.

Now that shitload of newbies are on here..they are basically the new generation of members.

Sure u can both get along...but we have either all met each other or all run out of topics to talk about.

So its prolly time we do other things.

(like getting a fuckin job Joeg lol)

[

Originally posted by wideskies

not everyone enjoys the company of assholes...

you can't really escape the company of assholes -- every single one of us is already in the inescapable company of at least one asshole.

:cool:

oops, is this the counter-productivity and senseless posting that joeg is referring to?

Mike....I'd quote you, but your post was way too long.

No one is saying that we want to initiate NEW guidelines, and no one is saying we want this board to be EXACTLY like NB or ADB....what we're saying is we need to weed out the garbage.

It has nothing to do with gaining new members and running out of things to say to one another. As the world turns, so do we...and I'm sure we're all not sparce on conversation. And...as you continually post about the status of our lives and what we do with them...well, i'm sure a high percentage of traffic is accumulated during 9-5 working hours...so, I also don't see finding a new hobbie as an issue.

What Joe is asking, is to keep up maintenance that should be kept. Even our moderator is agreeing with us. Out of sheer boredom, you, phunk, and the like have creatively entertained us with aliases....but, now THAT'S getting old...and....it's trickeled down. Between the psycho's and the pscyhitzo's we could probably start a whole new forum!!!

If we need a new admin, then fine... Do we think we'll weed out ALL the crap...no.

In reality, we're really not asking for much.

I think the whole point of this thread isn’t to initiate new rules but just to enforce the current rules. When people disrupt the board in a way that breaks the rules, they should have to deal with the consequences. No one is asking for new rules just for the rules to be enforced, which is very similar to society. Maybe some people just need to be warned or told tone down the rhetoric!!!

You can't have any type of discussion on this board without things getting out of hand!!

Originally posted by crobra

I think the whole point of this thread isn’t to initiate new rules but just to enforce the current rules. When people disrupt the board in a way that breaks the rules, they should have to deal with the consequences. No one is asking for new rules just for the rules to be enforced, which is very similar to society.

Originally posted by Marcid21

No one is saying that we want to initiate NEW guidelines, and no one is saying we want this board to be EXACTLY like NB or ADB....what we're saying is we need to weed out the garbage.

Exactly.