Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Gemini - In Da Club remix

dmvinny

Originally posted by dmvinny

Hunting this down it gets played alot in florida since Dj Gemini is from tampa... sweet techno remix of 50cent's in da club... its rare and if ya happen to come by it lemme know plz.

wow........u cant possibly like a "techno" track w/ 50cent over it can u?

Guest saleen351

its not being played on 93.1, or in lauderdale, or in miami, or in WPB.... Must be a tampa thing...

This is definitely not a "Techno" track, and DJ Gemini's idea of a Dance remix is a joke. You guys should take a listen to this "amazing" production. Flat out garbage.

As if it wasn't bad enough that the original version of "In Da Club" gets overplayed to death on the radio and in the mainstream clubs, now some of the wannabe "techno" clubs of Tampa are playing this remix.

Then again, Tampa's scene doesn't come close to Miami, LOL not even to Ft. Lauderdale. It's a shame too, b/c there's some good talent based out of Tampa, like Jask, Three, R.I.T.M., and a few others.

Gemini's usually pretty bad....

My guess is that it's straight up FL breaks, and you won't hear it too much outside of Tampa and Orlando...I remember hearing Gemini for years, and the scary thing is that he still plays the same tired tracks now that he played 5 years ago (i.e. Stay In Love with Me, Sweet Dreams rmx, etc)

That said, best guess to find the track is probably at http://www.paintedpuppy.com. It's a Tampa record store that specializes in FL breaks.

Tampa does have a decent base of DJs, but most of them avoid Tampa like the plague. Sure, RITM, Three, Jask, AK1200, Keith Mackenzie, etc are all based out of Tampa, but they rarely even play there anymore, and Three and AK are much bigger elsewhere in the country than they are back home....

Nice reply there Brickhouse.

I think AK 1200 is from Orlando though isn't he?

Tampa does have some Breakbeat DJs who try not to focus on bootlegs and play more than just regional stuff. Tony Faline usually tries to throw in some Nu Skool and Progressive Breaks from other US scenes and the UK into his set. Lee Coombes actually remixed one of Faline's track recently, and Pete Tong enjoyed playing it on his show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/petetong/tracklistingsarchive.shtml

Spinninrecords, Suzy Solar rocks! There's really only a handful of DJs around Tampa Bay that really know Trance and how to play it right.

Originally posted by CHRles

Tampa does have some Breakbeat DJs who try not to focus on bootlegs and play more than just regional stuff. Tony Faline usually tries to throw in some Nu Skool and Progressive Breaks from other US scenes and the UK into his set. Lee Coombes actually remixed one of Faline's track recently, and Pete Tong enjoyed playing it on his show:

Yeah, and Keoki used to rock Mind over Matter back in the day :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I con't dig too much....I definately have enough late 90's, early 2k FL breaks to rock out a set that would please those at Empire on a Thursday night :cheese: