Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 4/1

weyes

welcome back to insomnia week!

ok, another old standby. a method to get to sleep that's so successful there's a smiley for it - reading: 16.gif . short stories work well, chapter books, too. novels can be annoying when they don't have short natural stopping points, but it's all good, really :) . light reading is the best, not challenging, overly emotional, or scary work that'll be disturbing.

then, of course, there's being read to, which is always nice :D ...

Ah yes, that is a good one. I always get sleepy after opening any of my textbooks. For some boring reading that's surely to inspire slumber, I recommend "What Wood Is That?: A Manual of Wood Identification". It has a pullout section with 40 samples of wood so you can see the color and feel the grain and texture. Ya know, just in case you like to stroke something before you go to sleep. ;)

Originally posted by mala

Ah yes, that is a good one. I always get sleepy after opening any of my textbooks. For some boring reading that's surely to inspire slumber, I recommend "What Wood Is That?: A Manual of Wood Identification". It has a pullout section with 40 samples of wood so you can see the color and feel the grain and texture. Ya know, just in case you like to stroke something before you go to sleep. ;)

:rofl: do you, personally, have this book?