Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Isn't There a weekly CP Party? Man

djdekan

Originally posted by flyingfestoon

i thought sean/meng did do something like this at some point a little while ago? anybody ever go? Somewhere like a park or something cant remember all the details...

Yep. Since 2000 we ocassionally set up our generator and dj equipment on Hobie Beach on Key Biscayne. We've never had a problem and we've done it about 10 times already. DJFX has the generator and another buddy of mine has the dj equipment.

Originally posted by meng

Yep. Since 2000 we ocassionally set up our generator and dj equipment on Hobie Beach on Key Biscayne. We've never had a problem and we've done it about 10 times already. DJFX has the generator and another buddy of mine has the dj equipment.

:D :D :hat:

Guest brwneydtrouble

Ok, this all sounds like we have a lot of people that want to participate, but we apparently have no clear direction.

When we had this at South Point Park last weekend, once we realized that you can drive your car direclty to the pavilion, it wasn't too far to drag our stuff. We were right next to the water, with a great view, and clean up afterward took no more than 15 minutes.

I have to totally agree that keeping this outside of a club is much better because I know I for one have a tendency to make my infamous "rounds" and get intentionally lost from time to time.

Also, having it on a Sunday WOULD make it a little difficult for the hardcore afterhours partiers like myself, and the ones that party earlier in the evening will more than likely be either sleeping or tired. Last week was perfect. I got home about 8:30, with enough time to chill, take a shower and get ready to go out with plenty of time.

Seems like we need to get together with Meng and DJFX about maybe setting up the sounds, all the DJ's bringing in their music and taking turns. Fliptoniaa better be there to meet everyone so maybe we can do a rotation after maybe the first and second BBQ at diferent people's houses. You know, to keep the party fresh.

I personally don't have much experience organizing parties, just like to throw ideas out there and see what happens. Maybe we need a CP/Whysleep party commitee? *lol*

Guest brwneydtrouble

No cooking for you Mr. Dekan? Awwww.....I am sorely disappointed. ;)

Well, MJM I KNOW can marinate some mean chicken, Candyroll is an AWESOME cook (I know from firsthand experience), and Mr & Mrs Miami can definitely bring some of that "Fruit drink" they brought out last time. Everyone just needs to bring something, and it will be enough.

my opinion

weekly party, never work (any big dj in town and 90% would have to go) Also, weeklies are the hardest in the business

Instead of saying monthly or weekly, why not just try it once, with plenty of time to promote and to see what other events are happening on the same weekend. I think Sat is better than Sun for reasons earlier described.

Also, do it outside of a club. I know everyone is saying here and there,

does anyone have a house with a swimming pool and cool neighbors?

House parties are the best. Good luck all and keep me posted

Joe Budious